Just wanted to say…

Batsphinx

Late to the game, late to the forums, and late to buying PZ on Desura. But, man. Best money I've spent on a game I reckon. The community, the devs actually showing care for the community and their product... When you've not posted on forums in literally years, and an indie game forum pulls you from that metaphorical shell, you know there's something special :)

Kudos to the devs. Keep up the great work! I'll be back here frantically hammering furniture over the windows.

Late to the game, late to the forums, and late to buying PZ on Desura. But, man. Best money I've spent on a game I reckon. The community, the devs actually showing care for the community and their product... When you've not posted on forums in literally years, and an indie game forum pulls you from that metaphorical shell, you know there's something special :)

Kudos to the devs. Keep up the great work! I'll be back here frantically hammering furniture over the windows.

Agree!

Just found this game a few days ago and I'm just so captivated by it! I haven't actually played it that much yet, since I've been so drawn to wathing youtube videos of people playing it - it's like watching a movie!!! :D

I'm so looking for the same computer co-op, since it's so scary to play alone... :P

The game is amazing, haven't seen a game this interesting for a long time. Thank you for it! <3

I just bought this game after I saw it on Steam. Firstly i though it was like most other "survival" games (mainly go around smashing zombie), but then i tried the demo... and fell in love with it!
It's like they took my ideal of a survival game straight from my brain and made it true! So many thanks for making it, i hope it will blossom and become even better as time goes by (i already decided to gift it to a couple of friends, as soon as is in a more final state).

I agree with Xadhoom, i tried the demo yesterday for about 40 minutes and loved it. love how zombies slow you down if you get to close. love that there is a DEEP crafting system from harvesting to building homes if you wanted to. i hope to see even more options in there future release. i for one hope, when there done with this project that they moved to a full Zomboid 2 in a 3d engine. hell just port everything from zombiod into zomboid 2 if your using Unity it runs on C++ and java script. 

... I am one of "those" who came in to survive against zombies via STEAM.

I would have completely missed this pearl without STEAM, tried the demo for some hours and knew I have to buy that game :)

May my spent €'s provide you with some little assistance to go ahead - I intend to gift the game to a friend, so he can join the horde too :)

From what I have read here so far (around site and forums), the developers seem indeed of that rare kind who like to stay in touch with their community - not experienced as often as one would like.

May our survival be full of cabbage and bleach :)

As for Enigmas comment I think you'll have plenty of people to ban when the lost saves and incompatible systems start rolling in.

People get banned now for having technical problems? :blink:

Shh.

EG is closely watching this thread.

We shall form a guild and work against him soon.

How dare you?! We'll meet in the conspiracy area. vive la revolution

Just wanted to say...thanks for a great game so far.  I'm still rather new but having a fun time with it.  To be honest, one of the main factors that convinced me to buy the game was the communication/involvement from the developers and the level of maturity from the community.  When the game first hit Steam, one of the developers was practically begging people to try the demo first before buying.  And his own critique of the game was brutally honest.  Unfortunately, that's rather rare these days with developers.  So congratulations on your success so far and looking forward to what comes next! 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to start anything... but what was "the incident?"

The only thing that comes to mind is the kitchen-ware invasion but that happened recently.

I think you mean the Laptops which got stolen few years back and pz's development got hindered.

The old forums, were dry for months with no build in sight but eventually as promised TIS came back stronger and better.

I remember when there was no saving in PZ earlier but after sometime when we thought it would never actually get implemnted, Chris had surprised everyone by making a secret twitter post on saving.

Good ol' days.

I don't want to start anything... but what was "the incident?"

The only thing that comes to mind is the kitchen-ware invasion but that happened recently.

I think you mean the Laptops which got stolen few years back and pz's development got hindered.

The old forums, were dry for months with no build in sight but eventually as promised TIS came back stronger and better.

I remember when there was no saving in PZ earlier but after sometime when we thought it would never actually get implemnted, Chris had surprised everyone by making a secret twitter post on saving.

Good ol' days.

Oh, yeah, heard about that, just didn't click.

it's been good. been here probably three years, three and a bit maybe, and have veered between regular and absent, active and lurker, asshole and (dare i say it) friendly... but this is still easily one of the most exciting upcoming games and it's great to have followed its progression over the years. here's to three more exciting years... onwards and upwards.

f

Man, I've been following PZ since... blimey, must be 3 years now. I don't even play it any more to be honest; I'm waiting for the final build, so I can be all surprised by all the new cool stuff/fixed stuff. I still post on here occasionally though, because you're all lovely :)

EDIT: I reckon the best thing PZ ever did for the community was implementing mondoids. Back in the days of yore, updates were few and far between, and just having that specific date to read up really made it apparent how much work was being done!

That post alone made me create an account just to reply :)

I'm new here, just discovered the game on steam, and I must say that I'm really impressed.  Ever since I got minecraft some 2-3 years ago, I discovered indie gaming, and since, about 80-90% of the games I bought is from indie devs.

I also like pixel graphics a lot, since my first console was a coleco vision and first computer was a 286-12..  

Visually, PJ is looking really good.  Attention to details is mind boggling.  

I'm still having a very hard time with the game, but I'm enjoying every play through nonetheless.  The music is awesome.  Totally digging it.

It's nice to see devs (indie) make perma death games... some 20 years ago, it was the norm, so perma death wasn't even a term...you died, you'd start over, unless the game had level codes or something... it's nice to see them coming back.  I also gotten spelunky and even tho I have an equally rough time, I really dig this and can't stop going back!

Thanks for making PJ, and best wishes.. hope steam brings tons more survivors :)

That post alone made me create an account just to reply :)

I'm new here, just discovered the game on steam, and I must say that I'm really impressed.  Ever since I got minecraft some 2-3 years ago, I discovered indie gaming, and since, about 80-90% of the games I bought is from indie devs.

I also like pixel graphics a lot, since my first console was a coleco vision and first computer was a 286-12..  

Visually, PJ is looking really good.  Attention to details is mind boggling.  

I'm still having a very hard time with the game, but I'm enjoying every play through nonetheless.  The music is awesome.  Totally digging it.

It's nice to see devs (indie) make perma death games... some 20 years ago, it was the norm, so perma death wasn't even a term...you died, you'd start over, unless the game had level codes or something... it's nice to see them coming back.  I also gotten spelunky and even tho I have an equally rough time, I really dig this and can't stop going back!

Thanks for making PJ, and best wishes.. hope steam brings tons more survivors :)

Good to see you enjoying the game.

Welcome to the forums, message me if you need any help.

• 1 month later...

This is the only zombie game in my opinion. Every other zombie game is too hollywood. I mean sprinting zombies, spitter zombies, tank zombies? I can't even play state of decay because of these gripes. This game is a true, hardcore survival RPG. Eschalon book II gets all of my love too. This is one of the finest, deepest and most immersive games you'll ever play and if you look at all the planned features it's only going to get more amazing. Favorite game of all time!

If I won the lotto max (50mil) I would literally give this dev team a million dollars and I wouldn't give a single shit if they didn't spend a penny of it on this game lol

• 2 weeks later...

( sees multiplayer OMG) ( why no multiplayer?) ( checks site :TESTING:) ( derp for me) Yeah I wonder because I really WANT to play the multiplayer gameplay Ive been seeing no no not the Crappy Xbox 2 controllor crap but I mean the real deal.... I want to use it ...... Even though if its buggy or not.....

To: PZ Dev.

P.s. going on  A vacation to westpoint what could possibly go wrong. P.s. ADD MORE JOBS! plz.