Fairly Major Liquid Container Bug reported on reddit

ohgodspidersno

https://www.reddit.com/r/projectzomboid/comments/ectgkp/water_bottles/

Many people are reporting that water bottles and other liquid containers stop behaving the way they are supposed to after a few uses. It sounds like they start to behaving more like other multiple use objects like lighters and meals that have a static weight.

PS - This seems like a good idea to reiterate my desire for all multiple-use objects to have dynamic weight based on how much is left in them.

PPS - It would also be great if there were a "total weight" column in the inventory menu, so if you're holding several copies of the same item you can see how much all of them weigh as a group, rather than the weight of just one of them.

Edited by ohgodspidersno

I can confirm there is an issue with water bottles that they will sometimes start holding less water in them, it only seems to appear when you fill them if they are partially full, you can fix them by pouring water on ground or drinking till empty then filling them back, they resort this way to their original hold amount.

Regardless total weight as far as I understand PZ uses taken space/weight system for items, thus if you take half of pills out of sleeping tables it will still take 0.2 inventory space cause the bottle still takes the same amount of space, regardless of it's actual content.

3 hours ago, Zhurgy said:

Regardless total weight as far as I understand PZ uses taken space/weight system for items, thus if you take half of pills out of sleeping tables it will still take 0.2 inventory space cause the bottle still takes the same amount of space, regardless of it's actual content.

This is true for everything except water and gasoline. Those do change weight depending on how full they are.

The discrepancy does, I suppose, make a bit of sense because gasoline and water are pretty darn heavy, particularly in the amounts you would be using. The other liquid multi-use objects, like disinfectant, are so small that the weight difference wouldn't be too significant.