IWBUMS 41.24 released!

lemmy101

theres a lot of things we controller users cannot currently do. their attention is not focused as much on  the controllers, but more on getting the animations right.  so as much as i hate saying it, just hang tough and give them time.

and i will be right there with you, wishing we could sprint.....or at least run.

On 12/31/2019 at 6:27 AM, HestrimChaosbrewer said:

Have you had any luck with being able to spring using a controller? I have not had any luck past being able to jog by holding the right trigger.

On 12/31/2019 at 2:36 PM, Misha said:

I had tried all the keys, but still...

Did either of you try enabling the double tap jog to sprint option in the options menu to see if that works?

6 hours ago, DEATH said:

Did either of you try enabling the double tap jog to sprint option in the options menu to see if that works?

It "almost" works, in that if you double pull the trigger fast enough your char will start the sprint anim, but will immediately stop since it doesn't register holding the trigger as anything other than jogging right now. They're working on a full revamp of the controller config for a future build right now so we're probably not to expect anything other than upkeep fixes for the current controller code until it's done, since all that work will be thrown out eventually.

Edited by Loskene

1 hour ago, Loskene said:
7 hours ago, DEATH said:

It "almost" works, in that if you double pull the trigger fast enough your char will start the sprint anim, but will immediately stop since it doesn't register holding the trigger as anything other than jogging right now. They're working on a full revamp of the controller config for a future build right now so we're probably not to expect anything other than upkeep fixes for the current controller code until it's done, since all that work will be thrown out eventually.

Edited 1 hour ago by Loskene

I'm excited for the controller revamp as it'll make it easier for my buddy who is playing split screen with me. Especially for how switching between the hotbar and being able sprint don't work atm in build 41.24. 

4 hours ago, HestrimChaosbrewer said:

I'm excited for the controller revamp as it'll make it easier for my buddy who is playing split screen with me. Especially for how switching between the hotbar and being able sprint don't work atm in build 41.24. 

You still get the hotbar switch speed boost if you assign weapons/tools to it from the inventory menu and use the radial wheel to swap. Only thing you can't do with the controller right now is assign items from the hotbar menu itself.

6 hours ago, Loskene said:

Ok. I was curious about that. I don't personally use a controller as I feel mouse and keyboard is more effective and easier for quick looting, but sometimes my son will play with me, so this is good to know.

2 hours ago, DEATH said:

Ok. I was curious about that. I don't personally use a controller as I feel mouse and keyboard is more effective and easier for quick looting, but sometimes my son will play with me, so this is good to know.

53 minutes ago, HestrimChaosbrewer said:

Well that's good to know.

Yep, thanks guys, that's really good to know.

If I can't sprint, then I should not use a spear as my main weapon.

ok. so just decided to get back to the IWBUMS group, this last update seemed to good to pass up.

I have played this game for well over 700+ hrs. now i know there are those out there that will have slammed that record and have put in 12K  15K 25K hrs into the game, but I'm a casual Saturday morning gamer these days (work,kids,ect.) so 700+ hrs is devotion in my book, and i have had this game for YEARS.

THAT said.. the controls are sluggish as they get.. the turning and the some attacks, and i know the point of some of it is to make it realistic, but there comes a point when ..well.. the game has to make up for our 3ed party interactions.. 

in Real life i cant just flip my body around and run, but  i also have better control over my body then you can give me in game and STILL be realistic.

- Example -  i can swing an axe, while stepping back AND getting ready to duck or roll out of the way.- 

- EX2 - I can take a long pole or say a gun out of ammo and use it to defend my position  360 degrees because i can kick and swing backwards, which really only adds to the force of  the strike that might take place in front of me.

- EX3 -  Parkor < i cant do much but some people deify bloody gravity , some people make you think your watching anime or Hollywood super heroes with the way they jump around!

so as much as i feel this is with out argument the most realistic game out there ( yes I'm even counting VR) because of the thought and detail put into this game, 

till some type of fully interactive version comes out that gives us full bodily control over our avatar comes out..

ya might want to think twice before trying to make it TOO realistic  ( and i feel your there with the movements )

while many people are annoyed by things like assisted aiming and the like, they make up for the lack of control we actually have in game. 

Now to end on a good note. This is just an old gammer's feed back, i like all of the improvements and the increased difficulties in all other regards so far.

On 1/4/2020 at 7:36 AM, Garrikk said:

the controls are sluggish as they get.. the turning and the some attacks, and i know the point of some of it is to make it realistic

I agree with you so much on this. I've lost quite a few characters to them not turning around quick enough. I trust where the devs are heading with the game that the controls will be fluid when 1.0 drops. Also congrats on the 700+ hours on PZ, it really is blast to play and especially more of blast with friends. Hey can I ask you @Garrikkdo you use any mods?

Edited by HestrimChaosbrewer
Hit post before I was finished typing.

• nasKo unpinned this topic