IWBUMS 41.24 released!

lemmy101

NEW

Added zombie turn alerted

When climbing through a window and a zombie blocking it making you fall back into the house, zombie will emit a sound so you know it's there.

Can now shoot at windows (they'll be highlited if in range/direction).

Zombies now won't get up if a player is standing on top of them.

Game now detects when zombies have been walking-on-the-spot for several seconds, then stop moving.

Groups of zombies attacking vehicles now coorindated better to avoid them endlessly walking into a vehicle they can't possibly reach.

Added prediction for melee combat. If you're attacking a zombie that is lunging toward you, we increase virtually the range of weapon to detect an attack, this should make the "miss" animation play way less often when you actually will hit the zombie.

Drivers now look behind them when the vehicle is moving in reverse. This fixes players not being able to see the vehicle they are in when reversing into unseen areas. Drivers and passengers may look around by holding the Aim key or the controller right-stick when windows aren't opened.

Control-mousewheel now cycles between containers in the inventory and loot windows when the mouse is over the items list.

- Quality-of-life improvements to taking dirt/gravel/sand.

1) The most-full bag is chosen automatically from inventory (and in backpacks) instead of having to choose one from a submenu.

2) A cursor is displayed for picking locations to take from. This allows the player to click four times in a row

to fill one bag, instead of having to right-click and choose the same action four times from the context menu.

- Quality-of-life improvements to pouring dirt/gravel/sand.

1) The cursor displays a green or red outline to make it easier to see.

2) The first non-empty bag is chosen automatically from inventory (and in backpacks) instead of having to choose one from a submenu.

BALANCE

Reduced damage done by falling from 2 storey windows.

Fixed being underweight/very underweight causing immediate death when falling from 2nd storey windows and over encumbered.

Allow lunging zombies to climb over fences and through windows instead of walking-in-place into them.

Agoraphobic/Claustrophobic are now mutually exclusive.

Increased hemophobic points given to 5.

FIXES

Fixed no zombies sandbox options still spawning zombies in vehicle stories.

Fixed still turning toward some items when doing various action when it wasn't needed (filling water bottle).

Fixed zombies thumping vehicles not attracting other zombies (missing WorldSound).

Fixed AttackState clearing StateMachineParams (for all states, instead of just AttackState).

Fixed two multithreading bugs.

Fixed not being able to attack after closing a map when using a controller.

Fixed Transfer All moving hotbar items.

Fixed Hemophobic stress increasing faster at higher framerates.

Fixed the player getting stuck in the fishing state if they performed other actions while fishing.

Fixed driving through forests is bumpy even when wood floors have been placed.

Fixed NullPointerException in IsoGridSquare.RenderOpenDoorOnly() when there is fire in a house.

Fixed blocked buttons in the New Game screen after deleting the last savefile.

Fixed not being able to take water from puddles if Dynamic Skybox = No.

Fixed plumbed sinks taking water from puddles.

Fixed Lock framerate = Uncapped not being saved.

Fixed BodyPart.RestoreToFullHealth() not stopping bleeding.

Fixed invisible players and other errors when spawning a splitscreen player in the same location as the other player.

Fixed IsoPlayer.getJoypadAimVector() and IsoPlayer.getJoypadMoveVector() doing sqrt(x * x + y + y).

Fixed passengers seeing the "B for Brake" prompt when using a controller.

Fixed DebugChunkStateUI not updating the display when selecting new squares.

Forbid using the name of an existing directory when creating a new game.

Forbid entering various invalid characters in the savefile field when creating a new game.

Fixed being able to double-click a spawn location to advance to the next screen when an invalid savefile name was entered.

Fixed not spawning zombies eating corpses inside rooms.

Fixed spawning zombies eating corpses in a room when zombie spawning is disabled.

Fixed spawning zombies eating corpses with a wall or door between the corpse and the zombie. Try harder to find a place to spawn a corpse inside a room, instead of always choosing the center.

Fixed blood splatter causing bushes and trees to rustle.

Fixed not being able to walk off the floor in all directions after building a new staircase.

Fixed corpses/items/zombies in rooms spawning in inaccessible areas behind stairs (when the area is 1x1 or 2x1 or 1x2 only).

Is there a way to see if the bugs we report are seen by the team? Sometimes I feel like the bugs I report are totally missed out, like there is a bug pretty important making zombies stuck in furnitures when they climb a window: 

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27109-build4122-zombies-get-stuck-in-furniture/&tab=comments#comment-287392

Not saying the bugs I report should be fixed right away but sometimes it's frustrating to not be sure if the bugs we report are seen, considered by the team as bugs worth to fix now or not, you get what I'm saying? Would be nice to have a public list of bugs reported, also it would avoid getting the same bugs reported a million times like the one with frozen ice cream giving depression (not even sure if it's a bug but people keep reporting it...)

Edited by Axezombie

58 minutes ago, Axezombie said:

Is there a way to see if the bugs we report are seen by the team? Sometimes I feel like the bugs I report are totally missed out, like there is a bug pretty important making zombies stuck in furnitures when they climb a window: 

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27109-build4122-zombies-get-stuck-in-furniture/&tab=comments#comment-287392

Not saying the bugs I report should be fixed right away but sometimes it's frustrating to not be sure if the bugs we report are seen, considered by the team as bugs worth to fix now or not, you get what I'm saying? Would be nice to have a public list of bugs reported, also it would avoid getting the same bugs reported a million times like the one with frozen ice cream giving depression (not even sure if it's a bug but people keep reporting it...)

Maybe they just too shy to react.😂

1 hour ago, Axezombie said:

They get seen, they get logged, we have an internal bug db, sometimes they take a while to sort out, or dev time is going to more serious issues, or quick 5 min fixes over more complex ones.

2 minutes ago, lemmy101 said:

They get seen, they get logged, we have an internal bug db, sometimes they take a while to sort out, or dev time is going to more serious issues, or quick 5 min fixes over more complex ones.

Maybe they can just press the "Like" at the post to notice people to know their report have been seen.

2 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

Okay thanks, still think it could be nice to have this list publicly for the reasons I mentioned but I guess you would've done that since a long time

3 hours ago, Misha said:

Maybe they can just press the "Like" at the post to notice people to know their report have been seen.

Generally we will do this, Sasha will respond with a 'pie' to stuff she's noted and brought over to the internal tracker - though a mix of her being away recently and the general deluge of player reports we're getting at the moment (which is nevertheless very much appreciated) has contributed to some issues like the one under discussion here not getting the 'pie' treatment

about the zombie not standing up thing, what if your legs are wounded enough, the z would temporarily switch to a crawling zombie and you played the animation of hitting a wall while running straight at it? (it would basically topple you over)

[BUG]

1. If you equip or unequip an attached weapon from the context menu, it won't get the speed boost by attaching function.
  2. If you equip the guns on the left hand... it looks weird.
  3. The auto-fire weapon can't be "auto" when you fire in the car. You have to release the aim button and press again to fire again.
  4. The sound of drinking water on the ground is weird...
  5. Drunkenness does not affect action.
Edited by Misha

22 hours ago, Rock_paper_bullets said:

I love the new changes!I have a question though is it intended for zombies to go through big store windows even if there is a tall shelf blocking it or is it not intended?

If you want to block a window or a door with a piece of furniture, it needs to be placed 1 tile away (it's how it works atm)

15 hours ago, soylentgreenfood said:

I'd love to see a change made to climbing sheet ropes.  Specifically the player being unable to climb up them while over encumbered.  It's silly that someone would be able to climb up a rope with a fridge on their back lol. 

They have to limit "fitting" mechanic as well, no logic to fit a chair or a antique over into your backpack regardless of their ingame "weight".
Some items should be hand carry/vehicle storage only. Also allow to drop that asap on the floor in case of crap hits the fan.

Edited by Caturday

When will you fix the performance issue? I know, new animations decreasing FPS. It's should already be. But in 40.18, I was getting 30-35 FPS. But now, I getting 15 FPS (Average). It's hard to develop a game, I know it but please, can you fix it soon?

Thanks for your determination, good luck :)

Edited by GhostWarth

About the pretty new radial item menu:

As I never want to use it, have issues with it, and maybe I'm not the only one, is it possible to make it optional in the option menu ? Thanks.

Edited by douceur
add the issues with the radial item menu

On 12/21/2019 at 10:36 AM, Caturday said:

They have to limit "fitting" mechanic as well, no logic to fit a chair or a antique over into your backpack regardless of their ingame "weight".
Some items should be hand carry/vehicle storage only. Also allow to drop that asap on the floor in case of crap hits the fan.

Shouldn't be too difficult to implement, this mechanic already works with corpses.

On 12/21/2019 at 12:36 PM, Caturday said:

I agree, this should be in place. Just to go a little further, and maybe this is worth a separate suggestion, but I think it would be best to dedicate certain animations to carrying generators, furniture parts, and corpses. Maybe for corpses you visually see yourself carrying some makeshift bodybag (or just the corpse as it is), when you carry furniture parts you carry some sort of cardboard box filled with pieces that look like bed frame parts or chair legs and such, and the generator would be self explanatory. Maybe for moving a barrel you roll it on its side. Once NPCs come, seeing them carrying things around like this would probably liven things up, kind of like in the Stronghold games if you've played them, where everyone's going about carrying supplies to different areas looking very busy.

Edited by Pamplemousse

• nasKo unpinned this topic