Tomatoes don't go through ready for harvest phase, they go straight to seed bearing

Zhurgy

34 minutes ago, Zhurgy said:

As title say, I'm checking on them daily on normal farming settings yet I've completed 2 harvest where I didn't manage to get that phase that I get with any other crop, they go straight to seed bearing.

That's new...

Have you got any mods? What version of the game you're on? 

Oh, I see what's going on there. Some farming crops will have a dedicated harvest stage whilst others will have a seed-bearing stage at the same time as harvesting stage. It's just how it is with farming at the moment. This mechanic is likely to change drastically during dedicated farming upgrade in one of future builds. For now just harvest tomatoes at the same time as gathering their seeds!

Well at green stage you can still take them, just put on them on sun, optionally toss apple next to them and they will mature regardless of not being on tomato plant... I guess my main issue is that it doesn't follow logic of the rest of plants and I don't see how you can get seeds from tomatoes without having less tomatoes at the same time given how you take seeds (by ripping them out of tomato), then cleaning them from that jelly thingy but okay.

And btw, if we want to go by realism we shoudl be able to take tomatoes out of tomato plant ike few every day without losing whole plant so well...

Edited by Zhurgy