Zombies hide as crumpled balls

Tracyn Kyrayc

Greetings,

I have experienced a weird little bug, a few days ago, in McCoy Logging Camp. I have since tried to reproduce it, without success.

What happened is, when I entered one of the buildings, I stumbled upon a zombie dressed in a McCoy shirt, alongside what looked like a military helmet on the ground. As I got closer and I drew the zombie's attention, the "helmet" turned out to be a second McCoy zombie who's models were crumpled on the floor. It "unfolded" when the walking animation started and went back to normal, almost biting me in the process.

Unfortunately, I have no screenshot of the event. Just a description : the bugged zombie really was crumpled in a sort of ball, on the floor. It's clipping textures blended into each other, making it look like camouflage, thus my mistaking it for an army helmet.

I'll update the post with a screenshot if I see something similar again.

teleporting out of the ground? then i had it once too. they spawn on the spot when the player enters a room. maybe it s even intended for a shock moment but just "badly" done

like when , entering a room and then suddenly a zombie attack from behind, from one which was hiding behind the door. i swear they just wait there xD

Edited by B4nny

I think these were referred to as "Suitcase Zombies" ?? and iirc were fixed awhile back, but it does seem that they are back... I get them in my custom map all the time where there is dense spawn... not sure if zombie population density has anything to do with it...  Sometimes if you run off screen and come back, a normal one will turn into a "Suitcase Zombie".... They resume normal when you are approximately 4-6 squares away, but do not move in compressed form... They do however make noises while compressed...  But I guess anyone would if that happened to them...

BLOB.jpg

On 12/19/2019 at 2:32 PM, EasyPickins said:

Looks like this will happen anywhere there is a ZombiesType zone named "McCoys" or "Prison".

In those places, zombies are mostly forced to be male instead of female.

But there's a bug when the zombie's model is already set to female and the zombie becomes male.  The old female model is being used and doesn't animate.

Dang chromosomes...