Apocalypse & Burglar

Omega144p

(First of all, I know this should go on suggestions, yet just made this account and the forum doesn't let me do so)

Hi there! Came back to PZ because of the "IWillBackUpMySave" open beta, and so far died as much as I enjoyed it, ofc talking about Apocalypse difficulty.

To keep this short, Burglar is my nº1 Occupation and the new difficulty+the mini-rework of Burglar made my year. Yet I kinda see it a little op, not only he can just stealth pass almost any group of zombies, if there is a building with more than 1 window, you're inside; and being able to pick-up any decent car you find on your way just makes travelling long distances something guaranteed (don't get me wrong here, I'm the last guy who wants a nerf).
So I was thinking about something like needing a pin to have better chances of opening windows, scissors to hi-wire cars... Maybe even giving Burglars the option to break door handles with a crowbar in exchange for the "nerfs".

Ofc those weren't entirely my own ideas; have seen some mods about this at the Steam Workshop.

(Can't wait for all the changes to arrive on MP!!)

I don’t see why everyone can’t do this. I can make a Tension Wrench out of a windshield wiper and a rake pick out of a paper clip, both of which exist in spades inside the game, and I’m not even a burglar. What I can’t understand is why burglars can’t just pick locks... Almost every lock in the game is a standard pin and tumbler lock so with the previously mentioned tools you could pick any lock in the game as a burglar this would be a cake walk.

Archived