Plumbed Sink Issue

DentRed

I've been playing the recent beta patches and for the last week or so I have had a Sink in my house plumbed to a Rain barrel without issue. However I noticed yesterday that randomly the context menu for the sink options will disappear as if its not hooked up to anything. I always check the barrel when this happens and its almost always completely full and raining. I tried picking up the sink and placing it back then plumbing it but nothing, The options only come back  if I completely close project zomboid and reopen it then it works again for a random amount of time, If I exit to the menu only without closing the game the options do not return.

My game is slightly modded and I am going to remove them all and run some tests to see if it continues to happen but it's pretty random sometimes happens after 5 min sometimes i play a few hours without issue. So it might take some time to be sure. However in the meantime I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing similar issues.

Okay So i tried removing all mods, Except Base Astaroth and Fort Redstone KY because doing so makes the world not load. Then Relaunched the game . The Sink was working when I logged into the game It then started raining and i went to bait my traps before sunset, when I came back to base the puddles had started to form but the sink still worked. I then went to sleep and woke up at 3 am I then tested the still working sink  and did a run to check my traps and on my return to base the puddles were big and the sink stopped working.

It's possible my world is corrupt but i kept my mod list really small to avoid such issues plus I really enjoy vanilla and I find most things i needed mods for in the past are no longer needed for its in game

It's not just you. I've also noticed this behavior in Apocalypse with no mods. The sink stopped working while it was storming. The barrels were at 100% full. They did not start working again the next day. Picking up the sink and re-placing and re-plumbing it did not work. Reloading the save did not fix it, BUT completely exiting the game and then reloading the save did fix it.

EDIT: I don't know if there were still puddles on the ground when I tried it the next day or not. There might have been some still.

Edited by Erasmus Crowley

• 8 months later...

I can confirm that plumbed sinks sometimes stop working in 41.41. I have a setup like this. I noticed the sinks would only fill bottles / pots to a very small amount even though the barrels are full. This may have been during a rainstorm, I'm not sure. Reloading the game seems to fix it.

ALSO: Maybe this is a clue. Sometimes the water coming through the sink will be tainted. I see nowhere in IWBUMS patch log that sinks stopped cleaning rain water. Maybe the sink is drawing from a puddle.

Untitled.png

Edited by Zork