DIfference between Apocalypse and Survival in the new build?

CosmicDrama

Hi, everyone. I'm new to the game as of about a week ago. Seems like I picked a good time to start with this new build on the experimental branch. My question is, what is the difference between Apocalypse and Survivor modes? I've tried both with many characters and it's hard for me to tell what the major differences are. For some reason I feel like I do better on Apocalypse than Survival. It seems, to me, like there are a lot more zombies on Survival. Not only that, but a lot of large groups, closely packed together. Obviously I'm just speculating and saying what my experiences have been. Thanks for any help!

P.S. I've tried doing sandbox and manipulating the settings, but it's not as satisfying as playing in the preset difficulties. 

The main difference is Weapon Multihit, Rear vulnerability and drag down.

In Apocalypse you can only hit 1 Zombie at a time with a weapon

if you get attacked from behind youre basicly dead because of Rear vulnerabilty and drag down

In Survival you can hit (i think up to 3) multiple zombies depending on the range and type of your weapon.

You can turn arround while zombies attack you from behind to get them off you and you dont get draged down by zombies which makes it possible to escape in certain situations.

I feel i'm the complete oposite of you in terms of satisfaction about the game.

For me the more Changes the devs add the more i feel like i will never play anything else than sandbox anymore.

Too much stuff they overbalanced in my opinion - speccially the recent update

Did you start your 2 different Saves in different cities?

For Example Westpoint is in my opinion way harder to start due to proximity the houses have to each other compared to muldraugh where there are are some spots every now and then to take a breather.

On 12/11/2019 at 6:10 AM, Komodo21 said:

Did you start your 2 different Saves in different cities?

For Example Westpoint is in my opinion way harder to start due to proximity the houses have to each other compared to muldraugh where there are are some spots every now and then to take a breather.

I noticed that too, but In my opinion that's a good thing. More roleplay bigger city bigger difficulty.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived