IWBUMS 41.23 released!

lemmy101

1 minute ago, TheVastator said:

15 hours ago, Komodo21 said:

I still miss the fix about retrieving the Knife from a broken spear - it still doesnt work, tough last update said that its possible now.

The game is still fun, but the more i read about the recent changes the more i feel like the weight of the Updates goes into making the game more and more punishing.

Burglar seems now really strong early in the game tough - to me its the first update that makes things easier.

In terms of the weight related traits - I'm not sure if youre aware of that - but after getting rid of the one-shot stab with the knife in build 41 - underweight started to be a trait that allready mattered... the start needs to be pretty perfect to not struggle because of the missing damage - i feel that there was not much need to make it even harder to play with this trait...

Update after playing 20 Minutes of my current save - I might have to start over again, the changes to the traits outright suck.

Hemophobic should give 20 Points now as it is to be worth taking anymore.

Bug Report:

I'm not sure if its related to the Weight related traits getting changes.. My character has the trait High thirst, and it acutally went insane...

Getting through a bottle of water within killing 8 Zombies, another bottle after the next 8 Zombies - something severely changed about the water consumption of my Character, whatever the reason is.

Resumé: i'm going to stop beta testing and check things out as soon as 41 goes public - if it goes public like that i might not play it much longer - dunno if its my playstyle, or the traits i tend to chose, but everything that got balanced since build 41 hurt my playstyle - its just not fun anymore to me...

I wish the stable build 40 to go back to will be up soon. the Changes with build 41 had much potential but everything got overly balanced

so, just to understand, you're complaining because now you can't get free points easily by exploiting the weight traits like in build 40?

Honestly, especially in multiplayer, they just give free points after a while. I think it's just correct that they have long lasting consequences (for example, not having the same fitness level as someone of normal weight).

Hemophoic is already going to be changed, or better, the amount of blood you get splashed by. And really, you're taking it just for the points? You should also think about the consequences...

On 12/10/2019 at 5:21 PM, Caturday said:

Hemophobig now its the worst trait after restless sleeper.
One zombie and you are covered in blood.

We have a hotfix with an adjustment planned for it.

Edited by TheVastator

11 hours ago, TheVastator said:

so, just to understand, you're complaining because now you can't get free points easily by exploiting the weight traits like in build 40?

Honestly, especially in multiplayer, they just give free points after a while. I think it's just correct that they have long lasting consequences (for example, not having the same fitness level as someone of normal weight).

Hemophoic is already going to be changed, or better, the amount of blood you get splashed by. And really, you're taking it just for the points? You should also think about the consequences...

Basicly youre not wrong, but going with that i do not understand the One-Way this goes.

Sure its realistic to not have the same fitness level - but also it would be realistic to lose the severety of Panic states caused by seing Zombies after a 6 Months playthrough for example. The way the realism of that kind is added is just in negative ways for now (except the generall level of protection getting be using clothes)

It would be possible to get rid of traits like short sightet by wearing glasses, should be possible to get rid of feeble after a certain amount of zombies killed and so on.

I dont really care too much about the point themselves, what i dont like is simply that almost all changes go into making playing more uncomfortable.

Also as you say "think about the consequences" - like i stated at my Post: Weight related Traits mattered quite a lot after the changes to Knifes, and its totally normal to me that if you lose them you lose the negative effects of it - same goes the other direction - if you start without them you still get the negative parts of them.

If i wanted to complain only about the Points i would have complained about the -2 at thick skinned which is a staple to me.

As i said - i think the devs are overdoing it atm with the balance changes.

I might have been quite salty at my last post because the last update completely screwed my playthrough by adding some unexpected bugs, spawning zombies (Nulifying the work of cleaning the area to start building). but still i can stand behind my statements - layers after layers of uncomfortability get added ... i dont get the point.

Would only make sense if they only wanna make the game more "difficult" for their players that got bored and not intend to get more people in.

Sure its cool that so much work gets done, and its impressive how much changes there are - i simply dont like the general direction of where things go.

To me it looks like i will never play something else than sandbox in the future to be able to disable/enable stuff to somehow get the experience i intend to get out of the game.

Basicly i miss the improving /QoL changes compared to all the changes to make the game more complex - i love the basic things that got added/removed by build 41

but the extra stuff that got added weekly just dont sound/feel appealing to me.

Edited by Komodo21

9 hours ago, Komodo21 said:

Sure its cool that so much work gets done, and its impressive how much changes there are - i simply dont like the general direction of where things go.

To me it looks like i will never play something else than sandbox in the future to be able to disable/enable stuff to somehow get the experience i intend to get out of the game.

Basicly i miss the improving /QoL changes compared to all the changes to make the game more complex - i love the basic things that got added/removed by build 41

but the extra stuff that got added weekly just dont sound/feel appealing to me.

Except for the challenge mode, other modes just sandbox's preset, so just play sandbox mode, it's fine, and the best for everyone.

Hey there,
i last played build 3x? some time ago. Just played 41.23b for 2hrs. Amazed at all the changes i discovered, and the stuff i will continue to discover.
1.-The combat got a lot harder. When my character was still 2D, it was way easier to disengage from combat, and chop down massive hordes.
I was able to chop down zombies, just by walking backwards, and chopping.
Now  3 zombies give me trouble. (Thats fine.)
(I play with fragile zombies, cheat strength and fitness to 8, and axeman, just like in 2D times.)
2.-The reach of meleeweapons seems off to me. Trying to hit Zs. with the tip of my weapon misses a lot. The reach seems shorter, than the visual indicates.
3.-The swinging animation seems to take longer in general...maybe?

Thats it for now. Good to be back. I had another account, but cant remember the name, or PW anymore.

[Bug?]

The Sterilized Bandage without disinfection effect?

Is the normal bandage will ADD infection even the wounds have been sterilized?

What's the difference between Sterilized Bandage, Bandage, Dirty Bandage?

I think this is the description problem. Should make it more clearly, or just not say anything.

Edited by Misha

I don't know if this is a glitch or something I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to find an option to clean my clothes with using units of water from a container rather than a sink or washer/dryer. The water has shut off, but I have soap in my inventory and a few pots of clean water, but no option appears in the crafting menu or when I right click to clean my clothes.

[BUG]

Still got a black screen when setting PZ to use High-Performance GPU in Windows Graphics Setting.

And the steam overlay looks weird too.

Windows 10 1803

I have only one Monitor and was plugged it at iGPU to saving GRAM and GPU power used by other programs.

This setting works for most programs and games that can't choose what GPU to use itself, but PZ seems a problem with this.

b (2).png

b (1).png

b (3).png

b (4).png

Edited by Misha

in this latest verison i always get a small lock up (game freezes) whenever a car/car event is drawn.

so if im zooming down the road and the game locks up for a second - i immediatley slow down as there is always a car event coming up.

i dont crash into wrecked cars, police blocades etc as i know when they are going to appear.

the odd lockup/freeze is fine (its beta after all) - but since its always before a car event its taken some of the suprise/fun out.

this isnt a moan - hopefully that will get sorted.

35 minutes ago, guryanoww said:

Ребята, пожалуйста , мачете не такой большой, чтобы его можно было надевать только на спину, было бы очень удобно прикрепить его к ремню

Bump
This is terribly annoying. Is it really impossible to do right now?

2.png

5 hours ago, guryanoww said:

Guys, please, machete is not so large that it can only be worn on the back, it would be very convenient to assign it to the belt

4 hours ago, Ang said:

Bump
This is terribly annoying. Is it really impossible to do right now?

2.png

Katana too, and could be done a quick draw attack when skill high enough.

I think everyone knows that a samurai has never carried a katana on back. That is a ninja, and should be a short blade for easy draw.

It's impossible to draw quickly for a long melee weapon on back, you are not the devil hunter likes Dante, your weapon can't just stick on your back without magic.🤔

Edited by Misha

9 hours ago, junglistjim said:

not  a big problem but the sandbox setting of "never lock cars" doesnt work. there are alwys cars that are completely locked

Smash the windows! No one can lock you out without a window!😂

Maybe that setting not works for car events.

Edited by Misha

On 12/11/2019 at 5:31 AM, Komodo21 said:

Update after playing 20 Minutes of my current save - I might have to start over again, the changes to the traits outright suck.

Hemophobic should give 20 Points now as it is to be worth taking anymore.

I'm fully OK with that. Indie Stone, if you want a hard hemophobic trait, why not. But the Brave trait is now useless with those bloody zombies if you pick hemophobic.

Hemophobic is far, far much disadvantageous than all others traits. It's much easier to play a Very Underweight (10pts) removable trait than the new permanent hemophobic one.

I think it will be better to let a choose between hemophobic (old version) few pts / nosophobia (disease phobia) much more pts traits.

Even for 20 pts I don't want to pick the new hemophobic trait, because it's a play style without zombie confrontation, resume the game to "bunker farm simulator" (the only way to "win" actually, cause yes, you can win PZ playing "bunker farm simulator").

God forbid you can't cheese free points now with a negative trait! You should definitely change the trait, TIS.  Make it give those 20 points. (That's sarcasm by the way.) 

I like the new effects of Hemophobic, honestly. And I like the fact that you have to plan out fighting accordingly. Not to mention it no longer makes the trait a cheesy way of getting free points which people would always do. If you don't want to play the so-called 'bunker farm simulator', then don't make any new characters with hemophobic. This is really only an issue with those that picked the trait before the changes and can't change it unless they use cheats.

As long as you can find soap and have water, though, hemophobic isn't terribly bad. It's manageable after you've gotten supplies.

6 hours ago, douceur said:

I'm fully OK with that. Indie Stone, if you want a hard hemophobic trait, why not. But the Brave trait is now useless with those bloody zombies if you pick hemophobic.

Hemophobic is far, far much disadvantageous than all others traits. It's much easier to play a Very Underweight (10pts) removable trait than the new permanent hemophobic one.

I think it will be better to let a choose between hemophobic (old version) few pts / nosophobia (disease phobia) much more pts traits.

Even for 20 pts I don't want to pick the new hemophobic trait, because it's a play style without zombie confrontation, resume the game to "bunker farm simulator" (the only way to "win" actually, cause yes, you can win PZ playing "bunker farm simulator").

Why a bloody lover want to be hemophobic?

Why a hemophobic want to do things bloody?

Hey man, come on! You just want more free points right?

You know what, I even love this "trait" more now! Because I can run faster with a bloody shirt now! That means I can save more time on going place to place. I can run faster than the sprinter! I can play some race with the zombie for fun and much more!

Edited by Misha
Great change!

Well,yes people do complain about losing (they were never free you always had side effects with this trait) points,but everyone knows that to raise fitness and strength it takes soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much time.You can loose weight from 105 to 90,80 you can even become underweight and fitness and strenght bar wont even move a little bit,and they even made your character move foward or backward when you press space to gain exp on trees which is really dumb because in real life when i try to do that i dont move on any side.This should be nerfed because now when you take obese you lose -2 fitness points(that you can get back barely) low endurance and runinng speed,im just waiting for a chance to get a heart attack with this negative trait.Does anyone else thinks this is unfair?

10 minutes ago, dexa32 said:

Well,yes people do complain about losing (they were never free you always had side effects with this trait) points,but everyone knows that to raise fitness and strength it takes soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much time.You can loose weight from 105 to 90,80 you can even become underweight and fitness and strenght bar wont even move a little bit,and they even made your character move foward or backward when you press space to gain exp on trees which is really dumb because in real life when i try to do that i dont move on any side.This should be nerfed because now when you take obese you lose -2 fitness points(that you can get back barely) low endurance and runinng speed,im just waiting for a chance to get a heart attack with this negative trait.Does anyone else thinks this is unfair?

Life is always unfair. This is not a trade or something fair simulator, this is a damn life simulator. No winner, only loser. TIS is teaching us to enjoy the damn shit, don't complain all the days. Be happy, worst could be worse, maybe you are not the worst.😂

3 minutes ago, dexa32 said:

Life is always unfair.

Heh true but its tripled in PZ

This is not a trade or something fair simulator

You get fat to get 10 , pure trading

Your brain is made of whey

So why not add a heart attack? It sounds great!🤣

Technically, if you take very underweight(10) and fit(-6), you gain 4 free points, as your fitness will go back to the default level of 5 and you can get rid of very underweight by eating. Admittedly, this doesn't work with obese/overweight, but you're still getting something for nothing with underweight.

I think that the trait changes are definitely fair compared to how they were. If you really feel they're unfair, go into sandbox and give yourself those missing points that you think you deserve. xXx

Edited by ilikecaterpillars

• nasKo unpinned this topic