IWBUMS 41.23 released!

lemmy101

NEW

- Change the color of non-icon buttons when clicking them for visual feedback.

- Removed Tutorial from main menu.

Added new sandbox loot options:

- Canned food, Medical, Mechanics, Survival gears, Ranged weapons, Ammo, Literature.

- When loading a previous game, these new loot modifier will be based on existing one (so ranged wpn/ammo will take weapon modifier, the others will take "Other" loot modifier)

BALANCE

Zombies have less chance spotting the player during night (it was already there, but happen only during really dark night, lowered the threshold a tad)

Halved the odds of jamming a gun

Growing hair now take 20 days instead of 30.

Balance weight of some clothing.

Burglar profession can now hotwire vehicles & have less chance of breaking lock when opening windows.

Hard of earing now gives 4 points (from 2).

Increased ThickSkinned cost to 8 points (from 6).

Increased ThinSkinned points given to 8 (from 6).

Some weight related traits now reduce fitness.

Weight related traits have now a bigger impact of chance to fail climbing big fences.

Nightowl fixed, now works properly.

Being Hemophobic and having blood on your on your clothes now slowly increase panic.

More forgiving about the direction the player is facing when auto-vaulting over fences.

FIXES

- Temp fix for Kingsmouth hanging while saving. The island is surrounded by water, preventing the game from finding any path to respawn zombies.

- Fixed fake-dead zombies in House in the Woods challenges.

- Fixed walls flickering on fast-forward.

- Fixed zombie skins changing at random.

- Fixed belts etc not drying over time when worn.

- Fixed missing zombie footstep sounds for slow-moving and sprinting zombies.

- Fixed IsoGameCharacter.DoFootstepSound(String) volumes being ignored.

- Fixed sprinter zombies lunging at full speed through trees and bushes.

- Fixed animation and turning issues when performing medical actions on a splitscreen player.

- Fixed bandage models appearing on the doctor rather than the patient in splitscreen.

- Fixed rapidly clicking a button ignoring every second click (buttons were ignoring double-clicks).

- Fixed Frying Pan model rotation when on the ground.

- Fixed Revolver & dbl barrel shotgun getting hammed

- Fixed invisible bandage (used to apply bandage model to player) weighting 1.0 (now it's 0).

- Fixed sometimes bandage model not being removed (e.g when getting bite).

- Fixed zombies attacking while still turning to face the player. This was most noticeable when the player was sitting in a vehicle; a zombie would walk to the vehicle's window, then

attack as it was making a 90-degree turn. It could also happen when opening a door with a zombie behind it, or walking around a corner into a zombie.

- Fixed inventory-context-menu command "Move To > Floor" moving items to the player's inventory but not dropping them on the floor.

- Fixed NullPointerException in IsoMovingObject.checkHitWall() when adjacent chunks haven't been loaded.

- Fixed playing the player's hit-reaction animation after exiting a vehicle. It looked like the zombie hit the player from the other side of the vehicle.

- Fixed the player dying twice sometimes while getting dragged to the ground.

- Fixed multiple issues with zombies knowing the location of players for a period after losing LOS

- Fixed zombies seeing the player behind them as soon as they heard noise from the player. Now they don't see the player until

they have turned enough.

- Fixed metalworking actions failing because the Welder Mask can't be equipped in the hand anymore. Now it is worn.

- Fixed ground attacks hitting doors, trees, etc.

- Fixed a bit of debug code blocking the main thread every frame.

- Fixed ISInventoryTransferAction failing if the item is already in the destination container. This fixes not being able to put gas in a vehicle when the Gas Can is in a bag to begin with.

- Fixed duplicating items exploit involving corpses.

- Fixed NullPointerException in ThunderStorm when the player's current square is null.

- Fixed players getting blood on them after shooting zombies from a distance.

- Fixed VehiclesDB not reporting many save/load errors. Now it uses the little-red-box-of-doom.

- Fixed multithreading bug with the player/vehicle database. Existing files with already-corrupted vehicle data will repeatedly throw exceptions.

- Fixed VehiclesDB throwing exceptions repeatedly if BaseVehicle.load() failed

- Fixed NullPointerException in IsoPuddlesGeometry.

- Fixed VERSION=1 not being written to keys.ini in some cases

Just downloaded the update ran into a small issue related to farming. the weight value of a few seed types went from .01 to 1  making the crate overfilled to 120. I tried converting the world a few times without any mods and the issue still seems to appear every time. Any chance this is from the new update?

Wow but how many changes they have made to the game, the truth is that among the developers and those who find the bugs they make a fantastic team, add to that the work of the great creators of mods that the game has like Snake or who make the transmissions when there are important updates like Ditoseadio. Thank you dear team of The Indie Stone for all the work you do in the game.

6 minutes ago, Caturday said:

Hemophobig now its the worst trait after restless sleeper.
One zombie and you are covered in blood.

We have a hotfix with an adjustment planned for it.

4 hours ago, DentRed said:

Just downloaded the update ran into a small issue related to farming. the weight value of a few seed types went from .01 to 1  making the crate overfilled to 120. I tried converting the world a few times without any mods and the issue still seems to appear every time. Any chance this is from the new update?

Thanks, this is also gonna be addressed in the hotfix

When zombie falls near a windows/door, character attacks these objects instead of zombie who lies on the ground - must change angle of attack to hit ground.

Also i've witnessed some minor freezes, not sure yet why and when they occur.

Weight traits now a deep cancer as they should be, thanks for tweaking!

_

Edited by Caturday

Can we get explanation from PZ team what does this actually mean?

Does this mean when I start underweight and go obese I lose fitness points? 

What happens when I go obese then normal then obese again do I lose double points?

Does fitness come back or is this something I need to keep training after loosing it?

What is the max fitness I can lose? Can I lose all of it due to weight changing constantly?

To me it sound very obstruct and punishing.

======================

Or does this only apply on character selection?

Can we get more explanation and clarification?

Edited by Mr Zultron

Hemophobic now gain stress which leads to depression in less than a day u have 2 bad moods to the top, should it cost more than only -3 points or make it more slow the stress gain??? i mean smoker give u -4 points and never get tho moods to the top negative and is also easier to manage than cleaning your clothes every time u kill a horde cuz u need soap and a lot of water to do it.

1 hour ago, Charlypizza said:

Hemophobic now gain stress which leads to depression in less than a day u have 2 bad moods to the top, should it cost more than only -3 points or make it more slow the stress gain??? i mean smoker give u -4 points and never get tho moods to the top negative and is also easier to manage than cleaning your clothes every time u kill a horde cuz u need soap and a lot of water to do it.

I think a hematophobia should avoid fighting anyways, at least they don't want a bloody fight.

So you should think about it, do you really want to fight? Or you can handle the consequence yourself?

8 hours ago, Mr Zultron said:

Can we get explanation from PZ team what does this actually mean?

Does this mean when I start underweight and go obese I lose fitness points? 

What happens when I go obese then normal then obese again do I lose double points?

Does fitness come back or is this something I need to keep training after loosing it?

What is the max fitness I can lose? Can I lose all of it due to weight changing constantly?

To me it sound very obstruct and punishing.

======================

Or does this only apply on character selection?

Can we get more explanation and clarification?

Also feel like it would be cool to get further information about how it should be, at the least to test if it works the way intended

Edit: A real bummer if the last trait that can go away gets crashed now

Edited by Komodo21

I still miss the fix about retrieving the Knife from a broken spear - it still doesnt work, tough last update said that its possible now.

The game is still fun, but the more i read about the recent changes the more i feel like the weight of the Updates goes into making the game more and more punishing.

Burglar seems now really strong early in the game tough - to me its the first update that makes things easier.

In terms of the weight related traits - I'm not sure if youre aware of that - but after getting rid of the one-shot stab with the knife in build 41 - underweight started to be a trait that allready mattered... the start needs to be pretty perfect to not struggle because of the missing damage - i feel that there was not much need to make it even harder to play with this trait...

Update after playing 20 Minutes of my current save - I might have to start over again, the changes to the traits outright suck.

Hemophobic should give 20 Points now as it is to be worth taking anymore.

Bug Report:

I'm not sure if its related to the Weight related traits getting changes.. My character has the trait High thirst, and it acutally went insane...

Getting through a bottle of water within killing 8 Zombies, another bottle after the next 8 Zombies - something severely changed about the water consumption of my Character, whatever the reason is.

Resumé: i'm going to stop beta testing and check things out as soon as 41 goes public - if it goes public like that i might not play it much longer - dunno if its my playstyle, or the traits i tend to chose, but everything that got balanced since build 41 hurt my playstyle - its just not fun anymore to me...

I wish the stable build 40 to go back to will be up soon. the Changes with build 41 had much potential but everything got overly balanced

Edited by Komodo21
Didnt want to make another post about the topic

Gotta say, I quite like this new loot distribution system. Just a question tho; which of all those new options handles clothing rarity? As in, my chance of ever finding the legendarily elusive Camo Hunting Vest.

but after getting rid of the one-shot stab with the knife in build 41

What are you talking about? The one-shot stab is still there- Try holding down RMB with a knife when close to a Zed, you'll do one normal attack at first, and the next one will be ye olde one-shot stab. I still use my knife to deal with most lone Zed, specially on interiors.

Edited by Blake81

so, just to understand, you're complaining because now you can't get free points easily by exploiting the weight traits like in build 40?

Honestly, especially in multiplayer, they just give free points after a while. I think it's just correct that they have long lasting consequences (for example, not having the same fitness level as someone of normal weight).

Hemophoic is already going to be changed, or better, the amount of blood you get splashed by. And really, you're taking it just for the points? You should also think about the consequences...

I think a hematophobia should avoid fighting anyways, at least they don't want a bloody fight.

So you should think about it, do you really want to fight? Or you can handle the consequence yourself?

• nasKo unpinned this topic