New Sandbox Option Ideas....

ZAMNPlayerD

So, with build 41 being in full swing, here's a few suggestions that could add a little more to the sandbox customization. I hope everyone enjoys these.

1. New loot rarity tweaking

What do I mean by this? So far, there are only 3, incredibly broad, categories for basically everything you'll need to survive long in Zomboid: Food, Weapons, and Miscellaneous. And the only thing you can decide for them is how common (relatively speaking) they are. It's really noticable that Abundant has been nerfed somewhat.

So, I was thinking, wouldn't it be better if Miscellaneous was broken up into Materials, Clothing, and Ammunition? And weapons where broken up into Guns, Tools, and Pure Weapons? Materials, Clothing, Ammunition, and Guns are fairly self-exclamatory.. But Pure Weapons are weapons like The Machete or The Baseball Bat where they don't have a secondary use unlike Tool Weapons like The Axes or The Hammers. And adding a "Very Abundant" option would be nice now that regular Abundant has been nerfed.

2. Durability Options

So, I was thinking that would be nice to be able to not only set how well weapons are when they spawn in but how quickly they can wear out. For example, setting durability to "brand new" makes it to where all weapons spawn with 90% durability at least, while setting it to "junk" makes all weapons spawn in with 10% durability at most. But you could also set how quickly they break or even if they break at all for those who don't want to have to worry about gathering as many copies of their favorite weapon as possible.

3. Re-adding Reloading Options as Sandbox Parameters (Plus a New One.)

Some of you might remember how back in the day, there were options in the options menu that dictate how reloading works, with the easiest operating on classic FPS rules (You just got to have the ammo and time for a two-second reload animation) and the hardest requiring real-world knowledge of how firearms work. The system we have now is pretty realistic, what with having to make sure to insert bullets into a magazine before shoving it in, but it would be nice to have the option of a "simple reloads" game in Sandbox. I think it would be cool to also have an option that would be like, as long as you have ammo, you can shoot as much as you would like without having to stop for a reload.