Project Sapplings

Caturday

Every day my hatred towards them is growing (like they do).

They stop your heavy loaded van like a brick wall.

They make scratches even with simple walking.

They are barely visible at 60mph and almost insibile during the night.

It takes 5 real life minutes for 10 zombies to tear my car's door apart yet one sappling can crush my TRUNK to 50% just because i drive past this insivible crap.

God, why ?.jpg

Could you guys please provide a screenshot of exactly which saplings are in discussion here?

And are they always ones that have grown, or are they around from the start of a game?

We've addressed this with some small trees and undergrowth, in terms of car, but clearly there are still bugs/issues with one/some of them.

For me it's the overgrowth saplings that spawn on dirt roads, grass embankments and such, I don't usually have many tree related mishaps when months since the apocalypse is 0-1. Also I don't know if it's intentional or not but trees seem to grow and reproduce at an incredible rate. I played a 6 months later game and went to take over a farm, and found myself having to clear a forest in various stages of growth (from saplings to full grown trees) just to get my car up the dirt path to the house. Is there something that makes the growth settings prioritise dirt roads? The grass either side of it was clear enough to drive along, but I had to chop down a straight up wall of trees at the entrance to get my car through the fence. Haven't got any screenshots sorry, but they're the ones that kill all vehicle speed and make that horrendous noise when you scrape past them.

16 hours ago, ganya said:

My pesky sapling collection (iwbums41.22):

sap1.jpg.e0d48096ded6187d221312570f262d62.jpgsap3.jpg.a7414af0551161cbb1e6cea0877d6add.jpg

sap2.jpg.31569c696975ed2fbe087bae38077ed5.jpg

sap4.jpg.295087c56b29e6635f8124be18d992d2.jpgsap5.jpg.ca09b95db2eba33312658b082cb5234a.jpg

I just started a new sandbox game with 12 Months after initial infection.

first one mini brown tree is the most dangerous one
they have the same texture with standart offroad bush

• 1 month later...

In the game I'm playing, I'm 2 1/2 months in on the default game mode, and I can attest to how terrible those saplings are. Driving around in a full-sized, heavy van, hitting even the edges of a sapling is the same as hitting a full tree. It slows the car down to a crawl, and does massive damage to the trunk. Just one of those things dropped my trunk health from 80% to 40%. And because of their size, they are real easy to miss and run into.

Personally, I feel like cars should either pass through saplings, or destroy them like mailboxes.

Also, as a side-note, it feels like the hit boxes on the saplings are a bit too large, as well, at least to me.

Archived