PZ Suggestion Compilation [Unoffical]

Kajin

@ PlasticandRage

I could not agree more o both points. Also i think that the ability to swing an axe faster, should also apply to bats and all other long range weapons, after all it sould not matter if in the end of the shaft is an iron axe or a nailed end etc.

Also i think, the Park Ranger should get a bonus in fire and tent creation maybe even could learn with one book or so how to make a fire with materials from the woods.... This would increase his playability.

I think it also might be cool, and make sense in terms of realism, if the security guard, on top of what he's got already, could see better in the dark than other occupations. The most recent builds have provided a night cycle that's extremely dark at times. So dark that it's nearly impossible to navigate outside at night without a flashlight. The security guard, with his preexisting ability to require less sleep/be a lighter sleeper, and thus often operate outside the regular active during the day/sleep at night schedule, it'd make sense and add viability if he could see better in the dark.

Only because you're working at night it doesn't mean, that you could better see in the dark. Security Guards tend to use lightlamps, therefore it make sense that they use lightsources longer than other "classes". Anyway I think your "Nighteye"-Skill would fit better for the Ranger.

I dunno, a fireman would probably know better than to use an axe one handed, actually. Especially fireaxes (they often have intentionally weighted ends) are quite unwieldy, and the haft is slightly curved to allow the lead hand to slide down the haft while swinging for a more powerful arc. Using one handed means you have to hold it up the haft a little bit (on the curved part, which is difficult) without letting it slip, and you have to try to keep the extremely heavy head under control and accurate, which is hella hard no matter who you are.

I've owned a real fire axe for... well, it's been in the family since I was born. Used it for years, cleared hundreds of trees with it, chopped fire wood with it, split logs, etc. Would never consider using one handed. That's just my 2¢, though.

Here's a traditional fire axe- mine is similar, but slightly more curved and wooden: C60P36web.jpg

^ Maybe something more subtle then, like that the axe doesn't degrade as fast in the hands of the fire officer? That'd make realistic sense just in relation to the fact that they'd be trained with one and understand how to use it properly where others might not.

If they had that, and a trait relating to cooking fires, I'd see it as being pretty much balanced with the construction worker.

Having the axe degrade slower makes perfect sense. Most of the damage axes take are from swinging and hitting things they shouldn't (hard metal objects, etc.) and from overswinging and slamming the handle into stuff. Both of these are things people used to the tool do much less often, so ya I could totally get behind that.

I think it also might be cool, and make sense in terms of realism, if the security guard, on top of what he's got already, could see better in the dark than other occupations. The most recent builds have provided a night cycle that's extremely dark at times. So dark that it's nearly impossible to navigate outside at night without a flashlight. The security guard, with his preexisting ability to require less sleep/be a lighter sleeper, and thus often operate outside the regular active during the day/sleep at night schedule, it'd make sense and add viability if he could see better in the dark.

Only because you're working at night it doesn't mean, that you could better see in the dark. Security Guards tend to use lightlamps, therefore it make sense that they use lightsources longer than other "classes". Anyway I think your "Nighteye"-Skill would fit better for the Ranger.

I can't argue with that logic. Although I can't see myself choosing the security guard because of a trait like extended use of light sources. He'd need something more than that for me to find it more appealing than some of the others. At least not with the shelf life items like flashlights already have. I often carry a flashlight in my equipment bag and will often use it if I'm caught out at night and don't have two full bags to carry filling up my inventory, and in all the time I've been playing I've only had to replace my batteries once. So they already do last a good long time.

^ That makes sense to me. You consider the damage it'd do to the weapon if you were using it in those ways, and the speed it degrades now definitely makes sense. You'd blunt it, or just straight break it in half if you were doing those things pretty damn quickly. Especially with a weighted head.

Maybe some kind of trait relating to dealing with other players? Or NPC's for the security guard or police officer? Both jobs would have training in how to deal with irrational people in a calm even way. The police officer definitely moreso than the security guard, but I'm kinda just brainstorming here.

I would think most of them have probably been in a good scuffle or two as well.

I feel like I remember reading you guys saying that locking and unlocking doors was a planned feature. Maybe unlocking doors takes time, like most of the other things you can do, and security guards do it faster than the others?

Although I guess that kinda leads to the implication that they'd be picking the lock, and there really wouldn't be much of a rational explanation as to why a security guard would know how to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't argue with that logic. Although I can't see myself choosing the security guard because of a trait like extended use of light sources. He'd need something more than that for me to find it more appealing than some of the others. At least not with the shelf life items like flashlights already have. I often carry a flashlight in my equipment bag and will often use it if I'm caught out at night and don't have two full bags to carry filling up my inventory, and in all the time I've been playing I've only had to replace my batteries once. So they already do last a good long time.

^ That makes sense to me. You consider the damage it'd do to the weapon if you were using it in those ways, and the speed it degrades now definitely makes sense. You'd blunt it, or just straight break it in half if you were doing those things pretty damn quickly. Especially with a weighted head.

Maybe some kind of trait relating to dealing with other players? Or NPC's for the security guard or police officer? Both jobs would have training in how to deal with irrational people in a calm even way. The police officer definitely moreso than the security guard, but I'm kinda just brainstorming here.

Arg, I must apologize. I mistake the word security guard with nightwatchguard. In horrormovies they die always first and the last movie I saw about a security (nightwatch) guard was "Mall Cop" with Kevin James...

I was kinda just talking in general discussion and brought up that it might be cool if you could use ropes or twine to hang clothes lines in order to dry wet towels, and if something like that was implemented it'd also be cool if your clothes got wet in the rain separately from your body in general, and could also be dried this way. People seem to really be responding positively to the idea, so I thought I'd post it here as well. 

Yeah I'd be into that. Maybe some kind of modified rain collector barrel with one of those ridged metal sheets attached to it for scrubbing? There's a name for those but it's escaping me at the moment. That combined with some kind of lootable washing solution and a clothes line could be the whole system.

With the mapping tools now accessible, here is an idea:

Someone can use the tiles for custom built objects in the building editor to create a survivor's building of some kind.

Once the metagame is all in and NPCs are brought back in, a folder could be put in the game's directory under an appropriate name and the aforementioned building files could be placed there.

Over the course of the metagame NPC groups could look at their supplies, compare that to supply cost for one of the custom buildings, seek out a suitable spot based on the buildings dimension, and follow a logical workflow to actually build it in game.

I think something like this would be brilliant and add a lot of life (snaredrum) to the game.

MY SUGGESTIONS!

1. food smoking.

I think it would be good to add a few smoke houses at camps in the forest along the river where you could go fishing and smoke the fish to preserve them. you should be able to make a home made smoke house that functions less efficient.

2. Easier saving.

It get very annoying having to ex- out to save which I do often in fear of losing data is the game crashes. Maybe saving in the in came option menu (the one where you press ESC.) 

3. signs of past military intervention.

Abandoned tanks (unusable) Crashed and abandoned Military vehicles. (your choice if usable). Zombies with Military uniforms. Raiders with Military uniforms. Also helicopters crashes into buildings and streets. Military evacuation orders and directions that can be found in many places like desks, drawers, in cars.

4. Car crashes and highway pile-ups in countryside stretching for miles.

I think somewhere you said in a later update you would ad cars. Highway pile-ups would bring zombies, survivors and action into many of the dull roads that head out of town. It would make sense as people would flee in the early days. Also in the towns, cars crashed into poles, walls and other cars. Also  cars pinning Zombies to walls!

5. saving npcs and making survivor bases.

You could find a woman trapped in her car surrounded by zombies in the middle of a lonely country road, save an old man from a burning house, Rescue a collage student from a car crash. Then you could have the option to let them join you in your safe house. And maybe as you recruit people you may end up with a fully fledged base with survivors in the double didgits all with their own jobs.

6. Mountains, hills, hunting camps, campgrounds, improved countryside/nature/forest system. LAKES, RIVERS, BOATS,isolated mountain cabins and lake cabins. 

Just plain simple. Add more to all that spare counrtyside.

7. more special buildings.

Museums, Bunkers, Prison , Golf club, 

8. Signs of past human activity.

Maybe a safehouse overrun, Or an abandoned safehouse, barricaded and stockpiles. Post zombie apocalypse graffiti on buildings (By gangs)  Walls full of missing person posters

9.Sanity.

You can go insane.

10.Secret Compartments

Hidden places to stare items. (In a hollow wall, under a floorboard.)

11. Slower axe depletion

The current rate is unrealistic, nuff said

12.Burgular alarm go when the power goes. Less of them aswell.

They should add a weapon of some sort (maybe a rifle) that focuses they're sight down to a smaller area and when shot will be a instant kill, but ammunition will be rare along with the actual rifle. And if they do add bows or crossbows you should be able to craft your own arrows. They should add mining, when you find a rock or a cliff side basically anywhere with exposed rock and be able to get different ores and stone so you can craft your own items ( like ammo and guns if you have mastered all crafts (carpentry, smithing etc.))

Hope you guys agree with me.

They should add a weapon of some sort (maybe a rifle) that focuses they're sight down to a smaller area and when shot will be a instant kill, but ammunition will be rare along with the actual rifle. And if they do add bows or crossbows you should be able to craft your own arrows. They should add mining, when you find a rock or a cliff side basically anywhere with exposed rock and be able to get different ores and stone so you can craft your own items ( like ammo and guns if you have mastered all crafts (carpentry, smithing etc.))

Hope you guys agree with me.

This is not Minecraft.

As we know the Multiplayer is on. You asked us to test it. So after this i of course join to this action )))

When i play with other sirvivors i dont know anything about their mood thing, untill i dont ask about this,but what if that happened in furious battle for territory or suplies, i have no time for talking, or in situation where i shoot into the other sirvivor, i dont even know i missed or hit them... so what about to add some new animation which will show everyone some of your main moodles.

I made a couple of sketches (i know im not the best artist  :evil: )

to avoid overlaps,you can use priority of animations
Here, in descending order:

Infected<<Injured<<Pain<<Panicking<<Exhausted<<Angry

that will be very usefull especialy for MP, for example you see survivor that was infected and you can decide to share a food with him,or not,coz he will die soon anyway, also you can be confused and shoot him  :oops: . that will be more cool and realistic.

Or you guys can just make the moodles of other players to be visible, if they have a medic skill, or some social skill.
But i think animation will be more realistic.

And as another suggestion- be useful to bind text-talk messages like "stop" or "dont shoot". for example dota 2 phrase ring
thx )

• 2 weeks later...