PZ Suggestion Compilation [Unoffical]

Kajin

will their be commands like in minecraft if your playing sandbox mode?

oh and how about creating your own electricity if u have enough materials for it that would be cool

No I don't think there will be a console thing in PZ. The sandbox mode isn't supposed to be like minecraft's creative mode. It's more like customize your zombie experience.

You will be able to have generators at some point in the future. Also read this. There's some more information regarding electrical stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey there so I was thinking that hunting should be added in to the game, seeing how you would ever have to be a master marksman with a bow and arrow or make that lovely noise with a gun trying to hun to lets say a deer. Even running down smaller animals and learning how to cook them properly so that you don't contract some lovely deceases. 

Good idea! So good, in fact, that it's going to be added to the game =D

If you're interested in checking over some of the stuff that's planned (and not planned), I've made a handy list you can browse here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

Cheers, and welcome to the PZ forums!

You should be able to destroy preexisting barbed wire fences for spooled barbed wire pickups and wood. It'd just make sense for you to be able to, and be kinda nice considering how rare barbed wire pickups seem to be now. 

Also, I've been thinking that it might be cool if you could bake bread. Most of the stuff that you can use to make sandwiches lasts forever before spoiling, cheese for example, but all the bread in the world goes bad after the first couple of weeks, and you end up with all this stockpiled cheese that you can't do anything with except eat as it is. Flour already exists in-game. If you threw in a dough pickup, or even yeast to make the dough yourself, you'd be all set and have another fun addition to the cooking skill that would allow you to keep making sandwiches. Just a thought.

Also, and I don't know how realistic this is considering I don't really have much of an understanding of how all the programming works, it'd be cool if houses/buildings were randomly generated with things like partial barricades on windows and doors, or broken windows/doors to reflect the fact that you're surviving in a world that not too long before the game dropped you in was a zombie war zone. It doesn't make much sense that everything be so pristine so soon after a zombie apocalypse. Know what I mean? There'd be signs that there were people trying to survive and defend themselves in these buildings before you got there. It'd also add some complexity to looting. You'd need to carry hammers or good strong weapons to insure that you could get through barricades if you needed to, etc. It'd also add more complexity to things like early safe house selection, as you wouldn't be able to set up camp in a building that spawned with the front door destroyed, or what have you.

Also, and I don't know how realistic this is considering I don't really have much of an understanding of how all the programming works, it'd be cool if houses/buildings were randomly generated with things like partial barricades on windows and doors, or broken windows/doors to reflect the fact that you're surviving in a world that not too long before the game dropped you in was a zombie war zone. It doesn't make much sense that everything be so pristine so soon after a zombie apocalypse. Know what I mean? There'd be signs that there were people trying to survive and defend themselves in these buildings before you got there. It'd also add some complexity to looting. You'd need to carry hammers or good strong weapons to insure that you could get through barricades if you needed to, etc.

This would be very good, I think it will come as a byproduct of the NPC meta-game.

Yup. I was thinking about that too. It'd certainly have the potential of making things a bit more difficult, which I think we need. Seems like most of the additions we've been getting lately has all been stuff that makes things easier, like being able to fix weapons. We need a shot in a foot to balance things out.

Fixed hoards should help with that.

Someone has to have brought this up already at one point or another, but once passing out from exhaustion is implemented, items that fight exhaustion should be introduced, like caffeinated coffee and soda, or maybe caffeine pills or some such thing.

I think it'd make sense for panic to work against tiredness too. IRL if your doors are being knocked in by a horde of zombies I'd think your adrenaline would outweigh the need for sleep, at least in an immediate sense.

Yup. I was thinking about that too. It'd certainly have the potential of making things a bit more difficult, which I think we need. Seems like most of the additions we've been getting lately has all been stuff that makes things easier, like being able to fix weapons. We need a shot in a foot to balance things out.

I think it would also add realism, other than being able to fix or maintain weapons, to be able to craft or modify weapons. That would be a great implementation. Makeshift or improvised weapons make perfect sense in a world with limited ammo.

I think it would also add realism, other than being able to fix or maintain weapons, to be able to craft or modify weapons. That would be a great implementation. Makeshift or improvised weapons make perfect sense in a world with limited ammo.

That is planned.

It'd make sense. They already sort of have it with the nail bat, molotov, and sawed off. I'd think once they work through more of the big stuff that they need to get through, like the addition of NPC's and multiplayer, and working out bugs and things, and get to a place where they're really able to think about adding more detail oriented elements, that more weapons and thus more crafting would be the natural progression of things.

• 5 weeks later...

I would suggest that playing cards decrease boredom.

Also, if you get bit in the arm, you could cut it off with a belt, a saw and a bandage. Cutting off the arm will make your inventory have less capacity and only having the primary slot. Cutting off the arm right away after you get bit will have 95% chance of not getting infected and if you cut it off later there should be about 10% chance of preventing the infection.

Here's my thoughts on amputation:

And here it is in all it's glory. The only caveat being that I wasn't clear with one of the middle points: I meant that "most people die when amputated in the field" rather than just a general "most people die from amputations" which is technically untrue due to the wonders of modern medicine.

While it might be a somewhat fun option (obviously people's opinions on this are pure opinion, no facts) speaking from the perspective of someone familiar with medicine it just doesn't make sense. Here's my issues with amputation:

1) A clean amputation requires specific tools. A cut that's not clean will just cause you to bleed out, so this is important. Preferably the blade should be cleaned before using it (at which point your friend would be a zombie) or else:

2) Amputations have a tremendous ability to get infected. This killed the vast majority of amputees that survive the bleeding before modern medicine and would continue to be true after modern medicine as well. But then again,

3) Most amputees die. The bleeding is an obvious killer but the very shock of it can cause your heart to stop as well. This is especially true because

4) The vast majority of people don't know how to perform an amputation (where to cut, how to clean it, how to cut it, etc.). If they do know how to perform an amputation, they likely don't know how to correctly place a tourniquet. Or even know what a tourniquet is. This is important because

5) You can't just bandage an amputation. Pressure on the end of the wound just isn't enough. It needs a prepared tourniquet instantly or the person will bleed out. Most of the time by the time you had made a makeshift tourniquet, your friend has bled out from the wound or is munching on your brains. Unfortunately there's one other problem, which is that

6) Just because you cut the limb off doesn't mean you got all of the virus/bacteria. It could have entered the bloodstream or just be lingering around the wound. Which means that even if you got 1-5 right, your friend could still just become a zombie.

The reason I can't support amputation is that it breaks two of the three biggest rules when it comes to suggestions:

Would it be fun? This one is opinions at this point.

Would it be realistic? Nope.

Would every day people be able to do it? Also a no.

Here are my suggestions:

- You sould be able to sleep on a toilet seat, not only drink from it. After all it is a seat. Also sleeping on the floor should be possible but with consequences like a cold or something.

- There should be skill multiplier books for blunt at least in the higher levels after all there are tons of books about karate and other deadly sports and where to hit, how to get people to the ground etc

- The writings: Left foot bandaged etc should vanisch from the health screen after some time. as nobody would have these bandages forever as the wound would heal underneath and then you would remove the bandages.

- Brugular alarms are still going of when the power is out for ages! This should not happen as the majority of such alarms is connected to the power grind and not on battery.

justmy2cents

I think the fire officer occupation should be able to wield the fire axe one handed without the extra exhaustion penalty. It'd make the occupation a lot more viable. I was just looking at all the occupations and as of now, unless you're role playing, I just don't see choosing anything but the construction worker as a smart decision. I think most of the other occupation specific traits are pretty much on par with the con worker's faster barricading ability in terms of usefulness. You throw the thick skinned trait, which is amazing, on top of that, and there's just no reason to choose anything else. The ability to use the fire axe one handed could really create some balance there though, on top of what the fire officer has already, at least just between those two occupations. You could maybe even throw an extra trait in there that relates to cooking fires or something. In all reality you're really not going to find a fire department officer whose going to be in much danger of burning his house down trying to cook a steak. It's just not going to happen.

I think it also might be cool, and make sense in terms of realism, if the security guard, on top of what he's got already, could see better in the dark than other occupations. The most recent builds have provided a night cycle that's extremely dark at times. So dark that it's nearly impossible to navigate outside at night without a flashlight. The security guard, with his preexisting ability to require less sleep/be a lighter sleeper, and thus often operate outside the regular active during the day/sleep at night schedule, it'd make sense and add viability if he could see better in the dark.