PZ Suggestion Compilation [Unoffical]

Kajin

Freak fires!

So you have made a base that could hold off a horde of 10,000 (but zombies by now are as rare as gold in your area). So you're just chilling, there is nothing left to do and you have all the non perishables and rain barrels you would ever need, along with an acre of farmland. Lets say in a dense area a power main exploded, and within hours the fire begins to spread house to house, leaving no loot or building untouched in the immediate area, then it continues to spread, all across town, destroying almost all buildings and loot. You are doing a perimeter check when you notice the flames, you rush to your house and grab a few things but already the flames have began to claim your house. You escape, injured and with few supplies, the town is still burning, hundreds of zed are being drawn from the woods. Soon the area is infested, the infrastructure of the burnt buildings could collapse at any moment, With no food, shelter, or water you are forced from your cosy home into the harsh world all over again. You have no choice but to move to the next town over. Suddenly, as zombies migrate to the burning town, every second, as you sleep in that abandoned bar or motel along the highway, the chances of zombies breaking down your door increases in the double digits each second 

It would bring the survival element rushing back into the game for those of us who have made life to easy in our false sense of security

has adding dogs both infected and uninfected been suggested? 

Dogs will be added along with all other kinds of animals. They can't be infected because that only works for humans, but there will be feral dogs that could attack and that's pretty much the same thing.

"Long Term Food Storage - Ability to can vegetables and smoke meats to greatly increase viable long term storage of foods."

I really hope the Devs go for this. As any episode of Doomsday Preppers will tell you, the ability to preserve food for long term storage is a must in long term crisis. And glass jars and even canning machines (which can be very basic and non electric driven) would surely be easy to find in a "Kentucky like" area? 

Once the power goes off and you have a full garden of vegetables you can't eat all at once and with winter coming you'll want the ability to lay in some provisions for the slow growing months surely? Properly canned or preserved meats, fruits and vegetables can last for years.

Maybe the formula could be something like; Vegetable or Fruit or Meat + Cup of Sugar + Empty Jar or Empty Can + Cooking Skill 2 or greater = Jar of/Can of <Insert Food Here>. 

Get a cup of sugar by combining an empty mug with sugar. 

I could see myself inside my fort, cooking for 14 hours a day and not even looking for zeds to kill.. Maybe I am that easy to amuse...

Just to add to this:

You could take it a step further and have Quart and Pint sized jars. Bigger jar, more ingredients.

Also, with hunting coming a Meat Grinder is a necessity.

Deer Meat + Meat Grinder (Returned) = Ground Venison

Beef + Meat Grinder (Returned) = Hamburger

Ground Meat + Frying Pan = Meat Patty

Meat Patty + Cheese + Bread = Cheeseburger

I could probably write 50 pages of recipe ideas off the top of my head. I've always enjoyed trade skill type stuff.

Sturdy Stick + Twine + Nail = Fishing Rod (could add duration, or have it break after x fish).

I have the same disorder as you Fionnmarr :) How dare that zombie interrupt my cooking!!!

just a thought (not sure if this has already been said, theres like 30000 threads) but what if you could retain soda cans after drinking the soda. after which you could use the material in building or whatever.

my main idea however is lifted from Army of Two; in that game there is a silencer that is literally 2 soda cans taped together. what if this was a craft-able item that could be attached to the 9mm so when it is shot zombies dont become alerted?

I think a good suggestion for a trait or profession would be for a parkour ability where you would climb through windows much quicker, and be able to fall from greater heights without damage (or roll a dice for a chance to take no damage).

Ideally people should be able to fall from 1 story with no problems at all if they're fit and healthy.

just a thought (not sure if this has already been said, theres like 30000 threads) but what if you could retain soda cans after drinking the soda. after which you could use the material in building or whatever.

my main idea however is lifted from Army of Two; in that game there is a silencer that is literally 2 soda cans taped together. what if this was a craft-able item that could be attached to the 9mm so when it is shot zombies dont become alerted?

Here is one of many discussed thread :)

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3515-silencer-for-weapons/?hl=supressor

Also improvised supressors were discussed and they won't add to vanilla.

Try instead Aricanes mod "pillow silencer":

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/498-the-pillowsilencer/

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody has most likely already suggested this idea, but I would like to share it with you all anyway. I think that you should in some way craft/build a generator that runs on fuel/gas. That way you could have a limited amount of electricity after the main power shuts down. The gasoline/fuel cans could be found at gas stations. But still, quite rare. Does anyone else agree with this?

Somebody has most likely already suggested this idea, but I would like to share it with you all anyway. I think that you should in some way craft/build a generator that runs on fuel/gas. That way you could have a limited amount of electricity after the main power shuts down. The gasoline/fuel cans could be found at gas stations. But still, quite rare. Does anyone else agree with this?

Yup, it's a planned feature. :) check the other stickied post to find the most commonly suggested suggestions. Also you can use the search function before doing new suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried searching this idea and read the suggestions list, so Im pretty sure no one has suggested this before (correct me if im wrong).  What about being able to play the piano? I realize this would create noise and be impractical as it would attract zombies, but it would decrease boredom and if you killed all the zombies in that area (or for some reason want to attract zombies) I think it would be a nice little addition to the game.

I tried searching this idea and read the suggestions list, so Im pretty sure no one has suggested this before (correct me if im wrong). What about being able to play the piano? I realize this would create noise and be impractical as it would attract zombies, but it would decrease boredom and if you killed all the zombies in that area (or for some reason want to attract zombies) I think it would be a nice little addition to the game.

I can imagine it now; Joe Kerr, having been dealt the damning bite, lights a cigarette and begins to play a harrowing tune, as hordes of shambling undead close in...

• 1 month later...

I tried searching this idea and read the suggestions list, so Im pretty sure no one has suggested this before (correct me if im wrong).  What about being able to play the piano? I realize this would create noise and be impractical as it would attract zombies, but it would decrease boredom and if you killed all the zombies in that area (or for some reason want to attract zombies) I think it would be a nice little addition to the game.

I like the piano idea. You can start of with little skill and play broken tunes and the more you play you can unlock a sad or creepy song, all coming with risks. The music in the game is good, wish there were more tunes.

I can imagine it now; Joe Kerr, having been dealt the damning bite, lights a cigarette and begins to play a harrowing tune, as hordes of shambling undead close in...

yep, board yourself in and learn a new song to play at your own funeral

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have 1 NEED:

i think id be more freaked out by an orchestra going off in my pocket then a zombie sneaking up on me. i wish that would be  replaced with a voiced "whuuu?" "eeek!" "yikes" "wuhuuhuuh.." something like that.

suggestions: 

do like music though, so that ipod suggestion with your own playlist would be cool. of course, a charger implicates a power source but there are transistor radios...maybe you could have one and pickup a staticy automated broadcast someone left on. dont get me wrong, the musics good but just isnt grounded in realism. maybe you could have an arcade and simulation mode?

power sources: most house alarms have battery backup. river turbines, rain turbines, wind...i love the idea of car pile ups and their batteries. im not gonna say treadmill..mush npc's mush! "what is my purpose?" "you run in place!"

a map: you have paper and a pencil in primary inventory. you can stop and craft a map of the places youve been.

DIGGING! no i dont mean mining. i want a shovel and i want to moat the house! also tunneling between houses..

NPCs:

jobs: the farmer, the cook, the hunter/fisher, the helper(does whatever you do), the scavenger, the doctor, the "cleaner". they also do whatever they need to survive besides thier assigned task. if there was a map you could assign them to specific areas.

npcs that cant take it anymore and just out themselves with the bleach if they dont get thier meds. 

also whenever my guys dying, he strips down, neatly leaves his belongings in a box, covers himself in rotten meat and goes for a run. like a man. the entire south of mal is a massive ocean of zombie. the north is mine. would like npcs willing to make that sacrifice. also map assignable.

but you know, the idea of npc's is so awesome already...

HEAT: some way to isolate from the cold. blankets and coats, rooms within rooms, blanketing tents indoors, chimney construction, over eating in the fall? 

Pipes! for chimneys and for water distrubution/irrigation. with river access, this could be huge.

Defensive traps! oh man, skies the limit. but hidden spiked pits, swinging sledgehammer, falling ceilings, 16th century england.

i had more but thats all that came to mind. im a audio engineer/ sound designer. i would love to help with anything in that area. love the game. freakin educational. fun de mentaly. 

I'm not sure if this is a thing yet, as I've not yet been able to reach any of the higher levels of Carpentry, but improving the skill causes what you build to appear more 'professional'.

I.E;

Level 0 - 1 allows you to build very rudimentary and crudely put-together things such as walls, fences, etc. They're obviously weaker than average walls, or average doors, but serve their purpose none the less - and are ugly as sin.

Level 2 - 3 allows you to build stronger and more visually appealing structures, things begin to look as though you know what you're doing and which end of the hammer makes the nail go into the wood.

Level 4 - 5 enables you to create fortified doors, stronger windows, possibly even a wider variety of structures that have both functional and aesthetic uses - at the cost of more resources, of course. For example; metal doors instead of wooden ones.

It's a very basic idea that I have yet to flesh out, but I'm sure it'd add some form of reward to specializing and focusing on acquiring certain skills over the rest. So far, carpentry only really appears to help you build faster... Which is great, but not incredibly useful.

This may also apply to Masonry or Electrical Engineering that seems to have already been suggested.

but...is not possible create flame torch where we can carry it around or attach to the walls?...really is not possible or only i'm stupid who no understand how make it?it's more fun than flash light.... ;)

make new noise to raise the tension of the character of night...i love all noise you put in game...but with new noise(false too like fallout...)make this game more fun and scary ;)

"Long Term Food Storage - Ability to can vegetables and smoke meats to greatly increase viable long term storage of foods."

I really hope the Devs go for this. As any episode of Doomsday Preppers will tell you, the ability to preserve food for long term storage is a must in long term crisis. And glass jars and even canning machines (which can be very basic and non electric driven) would surely be easy to find in a "Kentucky like" area? 

Once the power goes off and you have a full garden of vegetables you can't eat all at once and with winter coming you'll want the ability to lay in some provisions for the slow growing months surely? Properly canned or preserved meats, fruits and vegetables can last for years.

Maybe the formula could be something like; Vegetable or Fruit or Meat + Cup of Sugar + Empty Jar or Empty Can + Cooking Skill 2 or greater = Jar of/Can of <Insert Food Here>. 

Get a cup of sugar by combining an empty mug with sugar. 

I could see myself inside my fort, cooking for 14 hours a day and not even looking for zeds to kill.. Maybe I am that easy to amuse...

Totally agree with you. Preserving food is a must, you just need the right skill/knowledge. Maybe I find a book (ingame) about how to preserve food, I read it to "activate" the skill and then do it to raise that skill.

• 1 month later...

For my honest point of view :

GAME

- Snow Falling in winter

- Solar Panel anyone? May use a special skill to mantain.

- Some coded zombies for profession with higher % loot ( EX :. a policeman zombie may have higher % of dropping pistol and ammo, a fireman zombie may have axe drop )

- [ MP ] Spawn point add to your safehouse for clan pourpose ( like you choose a faction at start and you spawn at safehouse )

WEAPONS 

- Katana :P

- Kukri knives all the way 

SERVER 

- Ability to % type of zombies ( like 20% slow, 40% fast shamblers, 40% runners )

- Ability to select what type of zombies may  spread the infection ( like runners only )

- Ability to % loot items ( like very low change of dropping pistols )

- Ability to set on server the reload method of weapons

• 7 months later...

ACTIONS

- Ability to move furniture (including the BBQ Grills) by either pushing or pulling them, or lifting them, but will require enough strength to do so on bigger furniture.

- Ability to store items on washing machines.

- Ability to dig (and inclusion of basements)

- Ability to shoot zombies from the second floor (the higher the floor is, the more chance to miss)

ITEMS

- More kinds of clothes

- Different kinds of shoes (rubber, leather, boots, etc.)

- Ladders (and crafting them)

- Flare guns

- Telescope --- to be equipped on hands; increase sight when pressing Ctrl and moving cursor away
- Caps and hats
- Red Paint
- Wallpapers
- Bucket of glue (bucket can be used as normal bucket if emptied)
- Leaves
- Rake --- for cleaning leaves, and as a weapon

MEDICINE
- Medicinal Herbs

FOODS
- Rice
- Mashed potato
- Garlic
- Soy Sauce
- Pork Adobo (Filipino cuisine) --- ingredients: pork (important), garlic, onions, peppers, water (important), soy sauce (important), vinegar (important), potatoes (optional), eggs (optional)
- Mango
- Milk powder

TRAITS

- Introvert?? --- character could not be bored when inside

- Drunkard --- doesn't get drunk easily

- Smoker --- cigarettes won't cause unhappiness

- Fast Reader --- reads all books 2x faster