A question about generators.

Lumberjack Baron

If I have two generators running and powering my base at the same time will they run for longer before using up their fuel?

Currently I have to return to my base every few days to refill the generator. If I had two running at once would the time I could be away double as fuel usage in each halved?

I'm playing in the most recent IWBUMS if that effects it at all.

Hope this makes sense and any help appreciated.

30 minutes ago, Lumberjack Baron said:

If I have two generators running and powering my base at the same time will they run for longer before using up their fuel?

Currently I have to return to my base every few days to refill the generator. If I had two running one at once would the time I could be away double as fuel usage in each halved?

I'm playing in the most recent IWBUMS if that effects it at all.

Hope this makes sense and any help appreciated.

Good question. I'd bet that it wouldn't help, but I don't know that for a fact. I would be interested in the answer as well.

The number of connected electrical items determines the generator consumption. If you connect 2 generators next to each other, you'll just consume twice more gas.

A generator will provide power for all electrical items in a 21 tiles area.

You could have a very large base with a generator on each side to divide each generators consumption, but you won't gain anything on the general gas consumption, only gain time before refuelling each one.

Archived