Rename some actions in order to reduce the chance that players hurt themselves accidentally

ohgodspidersno

So there are a couple of menu options that have caused my player to give himself a really nasty deep wound or two on several occasions.

The first is a pair of similarly named actions that are immediately next to each other in the list: "Remove glass shards" and "Pick up glass shards". If you choose "pick up glass shards" there's basically a 50/50 chance that your guy is going to crawl through a broken window and lacerate his thigh in an attempt to get to the glass shards that you've told him to pick up.

The second stems from the fact that it is quite easy to forget that you don't have your main weapon equipped, which is all well and good until you decide to "Smash Rear Left Window" and your dude confidently hefts his own elbow and pile drives a nice fat shard of laminated glass directly into his basilic vein. So my suggestion is, if your guy is barehanded, make it so the action is "Smash window with bare hands" or something similar to remind the player that they should probably re-equip their weapon first. Or maybe even make it like a nested menu where it's "Smash window with bare hands" > "Confirm" to really put the onus on the player.

Thanks guys!

Edited by ohgodspidersno

I like the name change suggestions, but I also just think you should be able to autoswitch to a weapon if you have one. Tons of other actions already autoswitch. I'd rather they reduce the tedious aspects of the game by enabling autoswitching without user input when it makes sense than add new nested menu options.