IWBUMS 41.22 released!

lemmy101

21 hours ago, ohgodspidersno said:

Can we still read the first page of a book that is too high? I find that to be an incredibly convenient way to remind myself which books I already have. If not can you provide the player with some new mechanic to "flag" all copies of an item with some special flair that we see in the inventory menu?

Try some notes?

On 12/5/2019 at 1:22 PM, Misha said:

Try some notes?

Then I have to start a new set of notes every time I die 😕

I like my game to be self-contained rather than having to keep a notebook next to me while I play.

In-game notes might be fun but the materials to take notes are way too heavy to carry around regularly, and they take too much in-game time to produce.

Edited by ohgodspidersno

19 minutes ago, ohgodspidersno said:

Then I have to start a new set of notes every time I die 😕

I like my game to be self-contained rather than having to keep a notebook next to me while I play.

In-game notes might be fun but the materials to take notes are way too heavy to carry around regularly, and they take too much in-game time to produce.

Too heavy? But... the note and pen just cost you 0.2 weights... And how much time needs for taking notes that were dependent on your skills...😅

On 12/12/2019 at 12:41 AM, Misha said:

Too heavy? But... the note and pen just cost you 0.2 weights... And how much time needs for taking notes that were dependent on your skills...😅

0.2 Isn't that insignificant, and every second counts!

I wish having a notebook enabled a "notes" UI gizmo sort of like how a watch enables the clock UI gizmo.

On 12/18/2019 at 11:54 PM, ohgodspidersno said:

0.2 Isn't that insignificant, and every second counts!

I wish having a notebook enabled a "notes" UI gizmo sort of like how a watch enables the clock UI gizmo.

There is an item can note more than 1 page... just need 0.1😅

It has notes UI itself.

9 hours ago, Misha said:

There is an item can note more than 1 page... just need 0.1😅

Well, that's just the paper, you need a pen or pencil, too. I guess now that I think about it more, it would be unfair if the writing utensils didn't weigh anything at all. Still it just seems like just a bit too much.

It has notes UI itself.

To get to the UI you have to actually manipulate the object itself. What I'm envisioning is a "notes" button that sits on the screen that you can click to open up a notes menu, provided that a notebook is somewhere in your inventory.

It seems like a tiny difference but I really think it would change notes from being something I never use to something I use all the time.

EDIT:  Actually ignore everything I just said:

The REAL reason I don't use it as a checklist is because I don't want to have to re-write the names of every single book in the game every time I boot up the game. So here is the ACTUAL solution to my problem:

Make the player spawn with a checklist with the names of all the books in the game, so that you can open it up and erase/scratch out the name of each book as you find them. Now THAT is a good idea for a mod.

Edited by ohgodspidersno

On 12/20/2019 at 9:16 AM, ohgodspidersno said:

Well, that's just the paper, you need a pen or pencil, too. I guess now that I think about it more, it would be unfair if the writing utensils didn't weigh anything at all. Still it just seems like just a bit too much.

To get to the UI you have to actually manipulate the object itself. What I'm envisioning is a "notes" button that sits on the screen that you can click to open up a notes menu, provided that a notebook is somewhere in your inventory.

It seems like a tiny difference but I really think it would change notes from being something I never use to something I use all the time.

EDIT:  Actually ignore everything I just said:

The REAL reason I don't use it as a checklist is because I don't want to have to re-write the names of every single book in the game every time I boot up the game. So here is the ACTUAL solution to my problem:

Make the player spawn with a checklist with the names of all the books in the game, so that you can open it up and erase/scratch out the name of each book as you find them. Now THAT is a good idea for a mod.

This "game" is targeted to a reality simulator, every "new" people have to note themself, it's a how will he/she die story, not the player. Don't think it's your story, no, never.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:14 AM, Kalista said:

Quick question for everyone. In the last version or two has anyone gotten infected by a scratch or laceration ? I've been getting multiple ones and I know my luck isn't that good to dodge infection each and everytime.

Yes it happened to me with a scratch in build41.22

On 12/4/2019 at 10:56 AM, lemmy101 said:

- Pressing one of the hotbar keys for half a second now displays a radial menu for choosing an item to equip in that slot.

I have issues with that since the 41.22, up to the 41.24 release.

The radial menu appears sometime even I don't need it when I quick press a hotbar key (1 2 or 3) and hide the screen without solution for taking away this bloody menu. With this issue, I have to quit the game, no way to hide this menu by clicking in or away, press echap, walk, or whatever. The issue is aleatory but it needs some time to be (20 or 30 min, sometime less sometime much more) and it's not every time (pretty rare).

Edited by douceur
add 41.24 info

• nasKo unpinned this topic