Question about the save file sandbox mode Beta 41.21

Tool

Question

Hello, I need to know if it is possible to edit the time of disappearance of zombie corpses in a game already started, at the beginning it seemed to me that the bodies disappeared every so often by the rendering of my pc, now I have achieved a better one and I would like the bodies not to disappear and return the value to -1, and thus avoid starting a new game.

4 answers to this question

It should be pretty simple to do.

First you need to create a new sandbox game with all the new settings you want - in your case all your old settings + disable corpse despawn
After creating the game and loading in a character, exit out of it and head to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\Saves\Sandbox\Name of the new save file"
From that save folder, copy the "map_sand.bin" file to your other save folder and replace the one existing in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\Saves\Sandbox\Your first save"

I recommend backing up the whole save folder that you are replacing the file in, just in case anything goes wrong, but doing this should apply the new settings.

7 hours ago, Beard said:

It should be pretty simple to do.

First you need to create a new sandbox game with all the new settings you want - in your case all your old settings + disable corpse despawn
After creating the game and loading in a character, exit out of it and head to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\Saves\Sandbox\Name of the new save file"
From that save folder, copy the "map_sand.bin" file to your other save folder and replace the one existing in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\Saves\Sandbox\Your first save"

I recommend backing up the whole save folder that you are replacing the file in, just in case anything goes wrong, but doing this should apply the new settings.

Thank you very much, it worked. but I have a question ... do you think it will not affect the progress of erosion, or the appearance of a new helicopter? Cheers

15 hours ago, Tool said:

Thank you very much, it worked. but I have a question ... do you think it will not affect the progress of erosion, or the appearance of a new helicopter? Cheers

I think it should not affect the erosion or the events, I think those are saved in a different map file, so it would not reset in theory.

Archived