Fast learner trait

Caturday

42 minutes ago, Rass said:

Fast learner is totally overpowered. It provides a 30% bonus to any xp gain, meaning that it applies both to base xp and bonus xp from traits or books.

So it turns base 25% bonus into 32% only ?
It looks overpovered when i pick some 125% perks or read books, otherese bonus is meh.

1 hour ago, Caturday said:

So it turns base 25% bonus into 32% only ?
It looks overpovered when i pick some 125% perks or read books, otherese bonus is meh.

No, here's how it works:

At level 0 you've got base xp (100%) + bonus xp (25%). If you watch a cooking tv show, each xp gain is 12.5 xp because you get an additional 25% xp on top of the base 10 xp. The formula is 1*xp + 0.25*xp.
Fast learner gives additional xp equal to 30% of base xp and your bonus xp. The formula is (1*xp + 0.25*xp)*1.3. If you have level 0 cooking and fast learner, each xp gain from watching a cooking tv show is 16.25.

In short, it turns the 25% bonus into 32% while also adding another 30%.

Fast learner is a crucial trait for any long-term game, especially for the skills which take ages to level up like the combat ones. I'd always recommend it. 

Hunter is also good if you want to level up aiming, because it gives a bonus to sneaking too which is always handy. 

I can honestly say Fast Learner is super useful for any thing you want to pursue.

Want to build up a giant fort in the woods? Better pick up fast learner so you can learn how to build better stuff quicker. Want to be a master chef in this sick sad apocalypse? Fast Learner. Want to be able to kill hordes with just a stick or two? Fast Learner.

Fast Learner and Lucky (more supplies from loots, among other things) are really good for every Zomboid build.

Archived