Aiming leveling.

Caturday

So unemployed boyo gains 0.25 skill points per once successfull shot.

How long does it take to gain at least 3 levels ?

I've searching horde corpses, lotted tons of pistol ammunition yet it barely leads me to 1 level (65 atm).

The fact my character is mentally disabled and not able to shoot point blank while slowly backpeddling just adds some spice.

Best way to practice ? Best source of ammunition ?

22 minutes ago, Geras said:

Don't move while shooting, you'll have a hard time hitting anything. Start leveling with a shotgun, not a pistol.

This. There is still a progression to weapon effectiveness. Shotguns are your friends for about the first 3-4 levels of aiming. After that is when pistols become more effective for the next few levels and rifles are the high levels.

Always rustle up a crowd for shotgun practice, and park your car a reasonable jog away from the party site, you'll get a crowd whether you want it or not anyway, so stand in a wide open area such as an intersection to make sure you don't get snuck up on. Shotties are great fun, and honestly still the most useful class of gun in the game even with max stats. You're always going to be prioritising the zeds closest to you, don't have to deal with magzines, and still the shotguns have pretty decent range unless you saw them off. Well, the j2000 anyway, can't saw the DB yet annoyingly. I want my boomstick.

1 hour ago, Loskene said:

Always rustle up a crowd for shotgun practice, and park your car a reasonable jog away from the party site, you'll get a crowd whether you want it or not anyway, so stand in a wide open area such as an intersection to make sure you don't get snuck up on. Shotties are great fun, and honestly still the most useful class of gun in the game even with max stats. You're always going to be prioritising the zeds closest to you, don't have to deal with magzines, and still the shotguns have pretty decent range unless you saw them off. Well, the j2000 anyway, can't saw the DB yet annoyingly. I want my boomstick.

This. You can hit up to 4 zombies with 1 shot, so it would be a waste shooting a single zombie with a shotgun. Try to herd groups for shotgun training.

2 hours ago, Caturday said:

As far as i know shotgun boxes/ammo is limited and can not be spawned in zombie corpses?

Well thats sad.

If you want shotgun ammo look in werehouses and storage lots. In the werehouse in mid muldrough I found 3 crates with 100+ rounds of shotgun ammo each. and loot was set for rare. also look in bars and gas station counters they spawn there in groups of around 10-20 rounds.

13 hours ago, leon2356 said:

If you want shotgun ammo look in werehouses and storage lots. In the werehouse in mid muldrough I found 3 crates with 100+ rounds of shotgun ammo each. and loot was set for rare. also look in bars and gas station counters they spawn there in groups of around 10-20 rounds.

I've looted all Muld warehouses + Logging on the west, barely found ~50 bullets.

I have found that you get INSANE amount of XP if you use a shotgun and gather a large horde and unload everything on the horde almost before they get to you, remember doing this a few builds ago at the mall, I got to level 10 aiming in a about 2-3 hours.

Archived