Optional Daily Challenges

DoritoS

Been awhile since I played, largely because of a lack of direction. Once your character becomes comfortable there's nothing to do but run your rounds as usual which becomes boring. Here's my suggestion to give the game more longevity, add daily challenges. I'll leave the challenges themselves to the creativity of the community to come up with, but I think it would be best if the challenges came in the form of internal dialogue so they don't interrupt the atmosphere the game builds on. Naturally there would need to be some kind of reward, ideally an item that is harder to find but related to the challenge. ie. finding packets of seeds and once you find the last one a bag of fertilizer is generated in the same container.

5 hours ago, DoritoS said:

Been awhile since I played, largely because of a lack of direction. Once your character becomes comfortable there's nothing to do but run your rounds as usual which becomes boring. Here's my suggestion to give the game more longevity, add daily challenges. I'll leave the challenges themselves to the creativity of the community to come up with, but I think it would be best if the challenges came in the form of internal dialogue so they don't interrupt the atmosphere the game builds on. Naturally there would need to be some kind of reward, ideally an item that is harder to find but related to the challenge. ie. finding packets of seeds and once you find the last one a bag of fertilizer is generated in the same container.

Or a relevant experience boost! This facilitated and incentivized daydreaming would be really cool. Depending on the variety and what comes up, it might even give a sense of the character's personality! (Eg. Wants to read something, cook something, drive x km, build things, sort things, walk x km, walk x through different zones, etc)