Hey guys i have a little logical issue with the game.

First of all i know there is the sandbox where we can set our own zombieapocalypse Settings. And i know that it is for game balancing reasons but i find it a bit Strange that 3 days After the Initial outbreak there are no supplys or just one fooditem in a fridge or all cars are out of fuel and look like they were in Multiple car crashes.

I mean if a zombieinfection breaks out today there would be every household full with resources. Even if they were looted in this 3 days from some guys the cars would still be perfectly intact. 

At least that is something that Got through my mind playing the game.

Dont get me wrong i love the game so far and with the new update it has gotten sooooo much better than it already was  but thats something thats a matter of logic for me....maybe its because i cant stay alive for more than 5 Minutes since the new update :D

The way I see it, one of two things could explain why loot is pretty rare in normal houses...

1. In original Zomboid lore, the virus was airborne and that's what caused a wide-scale problem with zombies. You and any people you play with are immune to this airborne version, but not to bites or other forms of blood/fluid transmission. So, with that in mind, you could make the case that people would've already been infected before they realized what was going on and thus, no one would be left to say, work on the cars, or stock the kitchen.

2. Everyone got the hell out of town (or tried to) when the infection broke out. The stuff you scavenge from cabinets is what the people who ran off couldn't carry with them. The problem with that hypothesis is that if that were the case, you'd think zombies with bags full of food and/or weapons on them would be a little more common.

2 hours ago, ZAMNPlayerD said:

The way I see it, one of two things could explain why loot is pretty rare in normal houses...

1. In original Zomboid lore, the virus was airborne and that's what caused a wide-scale problem with zombies. You and any people you play with are immune to this airborne version, but not to bites or other forms of blood/fluid transmission. So, with that in mind, you could make the case that people would've already been infected before they realized what was going on and thus, no one would be left to say, work on the cars, or stock the kitchen.

2. Everyone got the hell out of town (or tried to) when the infection broke out. The stuff you scavenge from cabinets is what the people who ran off couldn't carry with them. The problem with that hypothesis is that if that were the case, you'd think zombies with bags full of food and/or weapons on them would be a little more common.

Both points Sound right but that doesn't make sense how it is in the game... you are right that they would have tried to get away so yes you could find  more food on Zombies but they have no food. Also if they tried to left there is the facto that the military Made the knox county to a quarantine Zone so no one should have made it  out until the day they were let out as stated in the Radio News but that doesn't happen until a few days later so i think you should find Traffic James in the Highways with a lot of Zombies between the cars. The cars should be in a relatively good State because they worked 3 days ago because thats were we start. 3 days after the initial outbreak so it doesn't make sense if they were all in very bad condition  and without fuel. Lets say there is a accident in the front so two or more cars are destroyed and this was the cause of the people to get zombified because the ones died in the accident turned into Zombies killed the next people in the traffic jam and so in and so in...that would make sense to me....nur hey its just a game but you get my point....at least i hope so 

1 hour ago, Soulbreaker91 said:

Both points Sound right but that doesn't make sense how it is in the game... you are right that they would have tried to get away so yes you could find  more food on Zombies but they have no food. Also if they tried to left there is the facto that the military Made the knox county to a quarantine Zone so no one should have made it  out until the day they were let out as stated in the Radio News but that doesn't happen until a few days later so i think you should find Traffic James in the Highways with a lot of Zombies between the cars. The cars should be in a relatively good State because they worked 3 days ago because thats were we start. 3 days after the initial outbreak so it doesn't make sense if they were all in very bad condition  and without fuel. Lets say there is a accident in the front so two or more cars are destroyed and this was the cause of the people to get zombified because the ones died in the accident turned into Zombies killed the next people in the traffic jam and so in and so in...that would make sense to me....nur hey its just a game but you get my point....at least i hope so 

Pretty sure the lore of the game still assumes there are other survivors as well. So the food that should be on the dead people who left with it, could've been grabbed up by other people or maybe they were killed by bandits and looted before they turned or whatever.

21 minutes ago, DEATH said:

Pretty sure the lore of the game still assumes there are other survivors as well. So the food that should be on the dead people who left with it, could've been grabbed up by other people or maybe they were killed by bandits and looted before they turned or whatever.

Yeah Sure that are all good points from the point of view of the game but lets see it logical....as i repeat myself we start 3 days after the initial Zombie appeared...at least thats what i found on the Internet most people say...of course you can statt your game as you like it because we have sandbox but again its the vanilla things i am talking about... lets say its really happening....the First zombie appears  but just a few people would know because News need time to spread around so after a day there are News on TV but people in riverside would thinkbhey thats happening in muldraugh not here so i am fine....the next day its happening in westpoint so people start getting the cars full with food and other stuff they Think they might need thats where it all goes Down so on day 3 you decide to leave too but at this point the outbreak is so fast spreading that we have the conditions we have now.... i would like to see when npcs and Story comes that we might get a Story Mode telling us exactly this scenario so maybe you start in muldraugh and you are right in the middle of apocalypse while starting in riverside you have a day or two in relatively safety but there are a lot of npc reacting in panic running around Packung their cars but getting shot by a other npc creating the First infected Zombie creating a chain reaction so everything Starts in riverside All accompanied by TV reports about the things going on....because thats one thing that bugged me of all the time...your thrown into this world full with Zombies but it feels like they just popped up....you only hear about the Lore about Radio and TV but lets be honest Who really sits there and watches this? I want to feel it...i want to be Part of the outbreak but i Think this will be a dream forever  

Well the question is what do you consider inital outbreak. The firs ever zombie or the time they realized the zombies are a threat and out of control. I go with the second one as I would not call a few zombies an outbreak. But english is not my native language so it could be my lack of understanding. But if you follow that logic it would be normal that most of the people would already pack things up or that the stores would close or be looted by some people that ware following the situation and wanted to be prepared. There are survivor houses that have lots of loot. Some families didn't preapare and did eat all the food they did have at home and then just realized what position there are in. If you take a 100 people and put them in the same situation they could all react in diferent ways so for me it is not that hard to think anything could happen in a situation like that.

And you did say that you understand that it is a game and optimization. If you understand that games need balancing then where is the problem? I mean if you want to look for things that would not make sense in real life you could find at leat 10 if not a 100 things wrong with project zomboid or any other game out there.

The best realizam is real life. Grafics are great but gameplay kinda sucks for most people so they turn to games :P

12 minutes ago, LegionDiablo said:

Well the question is what do you consider inital outbreak. The firs ever zombie or the time they realized the zombies are a threat and out of control. I go with the second one as I would not call a few zombies an outbreak. But english is not my native language so it could be my lack of understanding. But if you follow that logic it would be normal that most of the people would already pack things up or that the stores would close or be looted by some people that ware following the situation and wanted to be prepared. There are survivor houses that have lots of loot. Some families didn't preapare and did eat all the food they did have at home and then just realized what position there are in. If you take a 100 people and put them in the same situation they could all react in diferent ways so for me it is not that hard to think anything could happen in a situation like that.

And you did say that you understand that it is a game and optimization. If you understand that games need balancing then where is the problem? I mean if you want to look for things that would not make sense in real life you could find at leat 10 if not a 100 things wrong with project zomboid or any other game out there.

The best realizam is real life. Grafics are great but gameplay kinda sucks for most people so they turn to games :P

Yes youre right it was never meant as a complaint that the game is as it is...its really good no question....i only try to see it from a different perspective...i mean it doesnt add up for me Story telling wie because you find Zombies now in their situations they died... you find two naked Zombies in a closed bedroom...thats obviously saying they had sex as they died...at least its telling me this...you can find Zombies in a spiffo costume so someone had to work as a  mascot for spiffo at the time he died...i found Zombies in a house where it looked like they had a Party after a sportsevent because they all had baseball clothes....dont get me wrong because again the game is great but with the Story they are telling us about the TV and Radio transmissions where it says they dont really know whats happening even when they had reporters in the quarantine Zone that were live broadcasting as the game tells us....it just doesnt add up for me that it is as it is...of course there may be people Who react in panic as soon as the First word of the events spread around but lets be honest statistically how many people would that be after a few days where no one really knows whats happening and still are going to work or having Sex... and again the Situation you are presented with and the Story your getting told dont work together at least for me At the Moment....as i said its a work in Progress and you cant expect to Cover all up especially as npc are not in yet but i would like it if i have the Option to choose between a apocalypse gamemode where everything is as it is now and a gamemode NAMED the beginning or something like that where you experience exactly the First days....the beginning of the outbreak...it would be interesting to see the things evolving around you as every npc Starts to realize whats happening...starting to panic and try to LEAVE and dying in the process and turning into Zombies creating a new interactove was with the world around you...are you going to Help someone Who is cornered by a Zombie and have a companion helping you on your journey or are you sacrificing hin to take his bag he dropped....i hope you see where this idea is going...i dont know what the devs are Planung or what is possible but again it would be interesting. 

So i hope you understand what i mean...i am from germany so i hope my english is understandable and my autocorrect isnt changing everything into german words because i am writing from my phone   

Don't worry your english is just fine. 

Well you have to realize that the moment we start we are already in quarantine. There are borders on the map we can't cross as I guess there is a giant wall out there. So by the time we start playing the goverment had the time to put that huge ass wall there and that would take some time even if they started with the first zombie. I never really listen to radio or tv in game. I did always have something to do :)

But some people didn't belive in the threat and maybe they did think it was a goverment conspiracy and just decided to go to work so the spiffo guy was him.

As for others. If I did know me and my gf are infected and there is no way to save ourselves I would want to spend every last second with her. Maybe even make love for one last time. The world is ending and everyone you know and love is going to die so people get emotiaonal. Or a party well if you have no one or something like that people would throw end of the world party. I mean you are all dead anyway. Why not go out with the blast? :)

But as I did say I did never really listen to the tv or radio or know any offical story if there is one. This is just how I explain things. I could be wrong and way off but they make sense to me.

16 minutes ago, LegionDiablo said:

Don't worry your english is just fine. 

Well you have to realize that the moment we start we are already in quarantine. There are borders on the map we can't cross as I guess there is a giant wall out there. So by the time we start playing the goverment had the time to put that huge ass wall there and that would take some time even if they started with the first zombie. I never really listen to radio or tv in game. I did always have something to do :)

But some people didn't belive in the threat and maybe they did think it was a goverment conspiracy and just decided to go to work so the spiffo guy was him.

As for others. If I did know me and my gf are infected and there is no way to save ourselves I would want to spend every last second with her. Maybe even make love for one last time. The world is ending and everyone you know and love is going to die so people get emotiaonal. Or a party well if you have no one or something like that people would throw end of the world party. I mean you are all dead anyway. Why not go out with the blast? :)

But as I did say I did never really listen to the tv or radio or know any offical story if there is one. This is just how I explain things. I could be wrong and way off but they make sense to me.

Yes your right that all make sense from that point of view but i read a post with the Radio and TV transmissions where they also explained the timeline because i also dont Listen to the Radio i am busy with surviving 😁  in this Post they said that even the reporters are surprised how fast the military was there...they had helicopters flying over the city BEFORE the outbreak of anything so the government knew that something was coming but the people where clueless until all went chaotic......maybe its my fault for stepping too mich into the Lore thats existing whereas the game itself isnt  ready to tell this said story via itself rather than the Radio but i hope when kate and baldspot return, which i sadly never get to know because i am a steamplayer, then they give us a storymode covering exactly this Story i told in my previous post....its just the fact that we have a Story what happened but the game is actually a improving sandbox 

If there would be no backstory then maybe i would'nt have a Problem with it...but it isn't really a Problem its just something that came into my mind

Well as fat as tv and radio you can explain it like this. Do reporters in Germany always tell the truth? I mean would it be hard to think the goverment would want to cover up something they did mess up of did mass murder or something like that? I would not be suprised if the goverment manipulated the media to keep the panic and rioting under control. If the media started to warn people in time more people would got out in time and some of them could be infected an dspred the viruse to a larder area. So the goverment tells you it is not as bad as it looks like until they are readdy to have things under control. I it a horroble thing to do but from their point it is not hard to understand that they wanted to contain the problem rather than risk thw whole world. :)

37 minutes ago, LegionDiablo said:

Well as fat as tv and radio you can explain it like this. Do reporters in Germany always tell the truth? I mean would it be hard to think the goverment would want to cover up something they did mess up of did mass murder or something like that? I would not be suprised if the goverment manipulated the media to keep the panic and rioting under control. If the media started to warn people in time more people would got out in time and some of them could be infected an dspred the viruse to a larder area. So the goverment tells you it is not as bad as it looks like until they are readdy to have things under control. I it a horroble thing to do but from their point it is not hard to understand that they wanted to contain the problem rather than risk thw whole world. :)

Of course they are not always telling the truth but you have reports of people Who were there...why should they lie? everybody is asking whats happening so  yes it all make perfectly sense but the Problem i have is that the game itself tells us that we are starting in the First days of the infection...i dont know from where i have this Info but somewhere it said 3 days after the First Zombie was sighted...and from that it all went downhill...but if the government wants to keep calm and wants to prevent a mans panic then why is it that already 3 days later is everything  looking as if we are 6 months in? Well yes you can everything explain situationwise but the whole thing as a complete event seems a little bit off at least for me....i cant really  explain it any better...i Think the most Part thats bugging me is the fact that we are the only sole survivor in a world where everyone is already zombified 3 days into the apocalypse....but they are working on npcs and animals...i am so hyped for this to come 

Well why would they lie. Maybe they don't know the whole thing and goverment did fill in the holes as they see fit. Or they would never let a person who says something diferent than they want them to say to go on the air and speek about it.

But we are not a sole survivor in the world. Comapared to the world only a small area is infected. It just that we are that lucky to be in that area when shit happend. And we are not a sole survivor in that area. Not sure about you but I got lots of meta events where I got gun fire in the distance or screams and stuff like that.

As far as when the game really starts and the conditions I don't know. I didn't really google or care that much to be honest. This is all just how I am explaing it to myself.

I think one thing they could do to "set the table" a little better on day 1 of gameplay is just smash the place up a bit more. Broken windows, smashed doors, houses tossed and distressed, fires smouldering, bloodstains and crashed cars along towns' main streets. There's some of that but not really enough imo. From the TV/Radio logs, when we start out everyone who wasn't cleared as uninfected before the virus becomes airborne (a few days into our misadventure) is sealed inside the knox exclusion zone, which is where we are with all the zombies. So the outbreak is already in full force for some time, and where we begin is basically the point between where the last non-immune victim inside the playable area becomes a zombie, and when the virus becomes airborne and the exclusion zone is broken. After that Louisville falls, followed by the rest of the world and most of the broadcasts end. No matter how quickly the army barricades were set up, the process of everyone in the knox event zone going from healthy human to zombie must have taken place before we begin, so the places where this hit fastest and hardest should reflect that more in the level design. Downtown West Point should be a wasteland.

14 minutes ago, Loskene said:

I think one thing they could do to "set the table" a little better on day 1 of gameplay is just smash the place up a bit more. Broken windows, smashed doors, houses tossed and distressed, fires smouldering, bloodstains and crashed cars along towns' main streets. There's some of that but not really enough imo. From the TV/Radio logs, when we start out everyone who wasn't cleared as uninfected before the virus becomes airborne (a few days into our misadventure) is sealed inside the knox exclusion zone, which is where we are with all the zombies. So the outbreak is already in full force for some time, and where we begin is basically the point between where the last non-immune victim inside the playable area becomes a zombie, and when the virus becomes airborne and the exclusion zone is broken. After that Louisville falls, followed by the rest of the world and most of the broadcasts end. No matter how quickly the army barricades were set up, the process of everyone in the knox event zone going from healthy human to zombie must have taken place before we begin, so the places where this hit fastest and hardest should reflect that more in the level design. Downtown West Point should be a wasteland.

Thats what i mean. Thebgame is good no question about that but it lacks a little extra touch here and there for me to be full believable...of course there are screams and gunshots but they are just this screams and gunshots...the First time i heard a scream or a gunshot i thought hey maybe i can Help this person and we can survive together so i started searching the arena because it has to be close but nope alle o found was a moving Zombiehorde and from time to time a barricaded house...i thought hey i didn't do that so maybe there are survivors but again nope already dead on the floor with a Brunch of zeds knocking their heads on the Doors....and even that doesn't make sense because there were no entry points for  the Zombies to get inside so ok they must habe turned inside and killed the others but again how should i know they all look the same because Back then there were no clothes except tue same 4 or 5 generic clothes every Zombie had....tue new update is a HUGE step in the right direction but for me personally it is not enough....i am waiting on npcs to tell a whole new Storyline through the dynamic of the events they are bringing to this world but as long as the game is not full release it will always be a little bit of for me but thats just my opinion...i know there are people Who Play the game just to Play something and forget reality but i am someone Who likes to step into the Story abd understand the Lore and understand what is happening and why is it happening and right now there isnt happening enough to give me that Feeling of getting told a Story....i know the devs work on this and i cant wait to see it but i know that it takes time but the devs are responsible for hyping me up with this incredible new update and i know i am not the only one with this opinion... i mean its good everyone plays the game as he or she wants it. Thats the whole point of a game to Play it but i take it maybe a little too serious 😁

6 minutes ago, trombonaught said:

I think there'll be lots of lore work when NPCs come in. I wouldn't worry about it till then.

Yeah i hope so....eben when animals are coming will be awesome because the forests will never be the same again...as of now your basically safed when you go into the forest and have enough seeds and Tools 

4 hours ago, Soulbreaker91 said:

Yeah i hope so....eben when animals are coming will be awesome because the forests will never be the same again...as of now your basically safed when you go into the forest and have enough seeds and Tools 

Oh boy, I'm gonna hate that. I like to build a fort in the woods pretty much ASAP, and I can honestly say I'm going to fear fighting Coyotes and Bears more than I will the worst hordes.

3 hours ago, ZAMNPlayerD said:

Oh boy, I'm gonna hate that. I like to build a fort in the woods pretty much ASAP, and I can honestly say I'm going to fear fighting Coyotes and Bears more than I will the worst hordes.

I like it too but mostly because you are safe there... get enough seeds and the right Tools to Set up a Base in the forest and you practically won the game...with bears and coyotes there will be a new flavor to the game...and you finally can hunt actively because the trapping System is boring as hell....at least in my opinion...

On 11/28/2019 at 6:33 PM, Soulbreaker91 said:

I like it too but mostly because you are safe there... get enough seeds and the right Tools to Set up a Base in the forest and you practically won the game...with bears and coyotes there will be a new flavor to the game...and you finally can hunt actively because the trapping System is boring as hell....at least in my opinion...

I guess that's true, and it would add a layer of strategy when it comes to corpse management.

In The Zombie Survival Guide, Max Brooks makes it a point that animals fear Zombies and their flesh is toxic to consume, so you could leave corpses out around the outer walls of a fort in order to ward off wild animals like Bears and Coyotes or if  you notice a sudden and conspicuous lack of woodland creatures, that could be a sign that a horde is approaching.

6 hours ago, ZAMNPlayerD said:

I guess that's true, and it would add a layer of strategy when it comes to corpse management.

In The Zombie Survival Guide, Max Brooks makes it a point that animals fear Zombies and their flesh is toxic to consume, so you could leave corpses out around the outer walls of a fort in order to ward off wild animals like Bears and Coyotes or if  you notice a sudden and conspicuous of woodland creatures, that could be a sign that a horde is approaching.

And on top of that you would have to change your style of fighting against animals....a Zombie may be no threat when you have baseballbat or a crowbar but a bear? Well thats a whole different thing...you dont have a shotgun with you? Than pray for your life...but a coyote could be beatable with a baseballbat but you would have to Hit him in the First Place because he is way more agile than a Zombie or a bear

Archived