Cold tolerance/sensitivity related traits

Humbug

Now that the clothing insulation and body temperature system is getting more fleshed out maybe it's time to add some traits related to this? My body (in real life) happens to be very effective at generating heat and tolerating cold, and it would be nice to be able to be more cold tolerant in the game as well. Since most positive traits in game has a negative counterpart we should probably also have a "sensitive to cold" trait that makes you really have to bundle up if you don't want to freeze once it gets a bit nippy. How many points they should be worth is up in the air, but I would say about 4 or so, depending on how much of an effect they would have.

Thoughts?

I agree, cold and heat tolerance and acclimation is a very real and predictable thing. Your PC presumably isn't a foreigner, so they should already be rather used to the cold and the heat, but it would be interesting to select a background trait to push you one way or the other. Having it tie in to the 'outdoorsman' trait would make sense.

Reminds me of when I moved from the high-altitude Appalachian mountain range in North Carolina to the desert of Arizona when I was a kid. I never truly got used to the heat, but I see people in 110+ Fahrenheit (43 Celsius for you dapper lads across the pond) degree weather riding bikes and running on the sidewalk all the time.

Edited by Neonwarrior