(WIP) ACDCC- CD and Cassette Collectables

Artfactial

ACDCC: Artfactial's Compact Discs & Cassettes Collectables.(Working title)

Alright, I posted a Mod suggestion yesterday, but got anxious so went ahead and started working on it.
So, here’s the idea: inspired by the BookMod by Simulatedbyalgorithm and Maska_zgz this is going to be a collectable CD/Cassette mod. I don’t want to overcomplicate the project and burn myself out and this should be a straight forward learning introduction into Zomboid modding.

Things I'm working on:

• -Every item will come with their album cover art.
  • -Every included artist will have their full discography available (with proper rarities and condition for the 1993 time-frame) to accommodate collectability.
  • -I’ll focus on typical and popular artists up to the 1993 time-span and US market, taking the default ‘9 July, 1993’ as the final  release day. I’ll also pay attention to the region, so that means a bit more Bluegrass, Country and Folk. I’ll add in personal favorites of course, but feel free to suggest any artist!
  • -I’ll start with CD’s and once in a while flip that collection to Cassette’s, during this period . The only downside to this progress is having to make the texture/icon twice.
  • -A fun little thing to include might be random cassette mix tapes and bootleg recordings.
  • -I’m not entirely sure at the moment of how to add them to the Item Distribution without conflicting with other mods, but I’ll burn that bridge when I cross it. Any help on this is very welcome.
  • -As I will collect album cover art for this project it might be a nice addendum to include choice covers as posters.

I don’t think this will include actual functionality to the items, and will probably wait until such a thing is implemented in Vanilla, at which point it shouldn’t be too hard to apply this to the mod’s CD’s/Cassettes. However, I have been thinking of some ways in which this would be fun to implement.
So keep in mind, all the following is theoretical and here to be discussed.

• -Allow for use of Cd-player/Cassettedeck+Earbuds recipe to listen to the album
  •  This way any bonuses will only be gained after fully listening through all album so isn’t really practical.
  • -When Earbuds are worn it would drown out other sound (not sure how dynamic this is) like the ‘Deaf’ trait.
  • -I think it’d be fun to add a little of the ‘ritual’ and allow you to take out the CD/Cassette in order to put it in the player. Bring back things like losing/damaging CD’s and finding previous ones in players.
  • -Have a custom ‘Radio station’ per CD that gives bonuses when listened to, this way it can be a very passive thing and, if you want to go crazy, add in what specific song or even lyrics your listening to. This way, there could be other CD/Cassette player stereos as furniture objects.
  • -Create a system like that of skillbooks where pages are correlated to album length.
  • -Have it work like a cooking recipe, where the player device is the pot/pan and the inserted CD/cassette is the ingredient. I think this method, with some modifications has a lot of merit.

List of currently included discographies as a test:
2Pac

ABBA

Aerosmith

A-Ha

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

The Black Crowes

Depeche Mode

Dr.Dre

Duran Duran

Garth Brooks

Guns 'n Roses