IWBUMS 41.21 RELEASED

lemmy101

On 11/28/2019 at 6:54 AM, ZombiesLoveBrainiacs said:

Some of the posters here must have been icebears in a former life...

For me, the current balance feels fairly realistic. When I go skiing at -10°C, I need full winter clothing & sunlight to stay comfortable. During the night at -10°C, the heat loss is immense when wearing normal street clothing. Maybe I'll feel ok for an hour or so, but not much longer than that.

Increased fatigue & hunger is a result of the body trying to increase the temperature & fighting illness. Also fairly realistic afaik.

While the scenarios you describe are accurate, I feel it doesn't fit the current implementation for the setting. I'm needing 4+ layers of clothing just to sit inside of my house in May. In Kentucky. Hopefully the balance gets fixed soon, because the gap between this and reality is actually pretty significant. 

Nobody is exaggerating anything in my opinion, Winter is almost unplayable. I'm still very confident things will improve - this is am amazing update, after all.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Yeah can only Agree - the temperature stuff as it is now is just way too harsh - in Both ways.

I like that there is some impact of temperature and Sweating and all that - but..really needs heavy Balance-Changes. It sincerely keeps me from wanting to play the game in my spare time. I hope it doenst go live like that.

Also I noticed some Balance Issues that might need to be adjusted.

Project Zomboid kinda is "Project Short Blunt" as it is now - i see with the youtubers, i see it for myself - its just not worth to play 2 Handed as 1 Handed does exactly the same + you can carry an extra bag.

Speccially in terms of axes: i feel like there is no difference at all in terms of damage with the Axe and the Hand Axe, and also not that much difference when it comes to range that it would make a big difference.

The Only 2 Handed Weapon thats worth using atm is the spear imo.

Speccially with Long Blunt weapons there should be adjustments in terms of the Damage output.

As it is i play mostly short blunt and through disassembling (metalwork) i have an endless supply of weapons

[Bug]

1. The backpack can't be washed, no way to clean up.
  2. When you completely to read a book that you can't understand, and when you level up to that level, you can't get the bonus with that book, and you also can't read that book again. Meaning you can't get the exp bonus forever if you read ahead.
  3. Zombie won't be killed by fall off from high.
  4. The vision does not auto-pan when driving fast.

[Suggest]

Add some match or lighter as zombie's drop for the smoker, or add something that can light up the cigarette. They can't keep going on after all the world has been looted. Or add something that can light up the cigarette.

Edited by Misha
Another BUGs?

3 minutes ago, Misha said:

[Suggest]

Add some match or lighter as zombie's drop for the smoker, or add something that can light up the cigarette. They can't keep going on after all the world has been looted. Or add something that can light up the cigarette.

This would include we would need to be able to plant tobacco (kinda), i always play with the smoker trait and had a bad run where from 300 zeds none dropped ciggys, was lucky at a garbage can - and yeah.. storage facilities provide you with that stuff.

Another Suggestion from me, after thinking about all the temperature stuff:

There should be a way to add blankets and pillows to beds/couches/comfy chairs to increase the comfort and warmth...

thats would be a change that is also new but not only a drawback change like the last ones have been 😀

Also wanted to note 2 things here since i do not believe they warrant a full blown bug report post. 1) the bread knife can't be used to slice bread or least for me when i tried it and it was unequiped in my inventory my character defaulted to grabbing the nearby butter knife. 2) since the belts got introduced the lone weapon I've found that would make sense to but is unable to be attached is the meat cleaver while every other bladed weapon can be.

It's version not work on the linux system (Fedora 30). Another versions is fine.

When I running a 41 RELEASE, - the game crashed.

In console I see follow logs

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: You have loaded library /home/administr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid/linux64/libfmod.so.10.8 which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/administr/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/administr/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
>>> Adding process 18349 for game ID 108600
>>> Adding process 18350 for game ID 108600
>>> Adding process 18352 for game ID 108600
>>> Adding process 18353 for game ID 108600
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(gameoverlayui)/version(20191129002155)
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(gameoverlayui)/version(1.0)
[1203/194629.969777:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(270)] Crash reporting enabled for process: renderer
[1203/194630.139546:ERROR:frame_sink_video_capturer_impl.cc(197)] Invalid resolutions constraints: 0x0 must not be greater than 0x0; and also within media::limits.
ERROR: General, 1575391590532> GameWindow.uncaughtException> Unhandled java.lang.NullPointerException thrown by thread MainThread.
ERROR: General, 1575391590534> ExceptionLogger.logException> Exception thrown java.lang.NullPointerException at UnixPath.register line:893. Message: Unhandled java.lang.NullPointerException thrown by thread MainThread.
ERROR: General, 1575391590535> DebugLogStream.printException> Stack trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at sun.nio.fs.UnixPath.register(UnixPath.java:893)
	at sun.nio.fs.AbstractPath.register(AbstractPath.java:104)
	at zombie.DebugFileWatcher.registerDir(DebugFileWatcher.java:68)
	at zombie.DebugFileWatcher.access$000(DebugFileWatcher.java:11)
	at zombie.DebugFileWatcher$1.preVisitDirectory(DebugFileWatcher.java:53)
	at zombie.DebugFileWatcher$1.preVisitDirectory(DebugFileWatcher.java:49)
	at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2677)
	at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2742)
	at zombie.DebugFileWatcher.registerDirRecursive(DebugFileWatcher.java:48)
	at zombie.DebugFileWatcher.init(DebugFileWatcher.java:35)
	at zombie.GameWindow.mainThreadInit(GameWindow.java:501)
	at zombie.GameWindow.mainThread(GameWindow.java:458)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
>>> Adding process 18375 for game ID 108600
Game removed: AppID 108600 "", ProcID 18282

Steam-version
Fedora release 30 (Thirty)
Linux administr 5.3.13-200.fc30.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Nov 25 23:02:12 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

On 12/3/2019 at 11:17 AM, Komodo21 said:

I Notices a (Possible) Bug.

After Shaving my Hair - they dont grow since Mai ingame - not even to stubble.

But my Beard grows to scruffy within a week 

Yes. I've been meaning to post a bug report about this. You can't go bald or your hair stops growing.

17 minutes ago, DEATH said:

Yes. I've been meaning to post a bug report about this. You can't go bald or your hair stops growing.

I'm wondering if theirs a check to not grow on bald on character creation incase someone was rp'ing an old man but there is no check if it becomes that ingame to allow it to grow back.

37 minutes ago, Kalista said:

I'm wondering if theirs a check to not grow on bald on character creation incase someone was rp'ing an old man but there is no check if it becomes that ingame to allow it to grow back.

This is actually what I was thinking as I usually pick bald anyway, but I kind of wanted to have to deal with hair growth. So I decided to start a new character just to test it out, only to find out that if you shave your head you instantly get male pattern baldness. Lol

9 hours ago, DEATH said:

This is actually what I was thinking as I usually pick bald anyway, but I kind of wanted to have to deal with hair growth. So I decided to start a new character just to test it out, only to find out that if you shave your head you instantly get male pattern baldness. Lol

I Actually got quite annoyed by the hair growth in my first season (Rip to running car engine)  so i shaved my beart 100% and thought its also a good idea to shave the hair 100% to maybe have 1 week more until hes a scruffy beard + Pony Tail guy... Turned out there is no difference in time from completely shaved to scruffy or full beard to scruffy - guess its the same with the haircuts..

Funnily in my New playthrough after 14 days in now - the crew cut is still in place - beard went only to long - dunno seems like the growth is slower in westpoint xD - maybe because of hair loss due to the amount of zeds compared to muldraugh (yeah i feel like westpoint is the hardest town to start 🤣)

• nasKo unpinned this topic
  • 2 years later...
On 12/3/2019 at 11:50 AM, PIknik said:

In console I see follow logs

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: You have loaded library /home/administr/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid/linux64/libfmod.so.10.8 which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
>>> Adding process 18349 for game ID 108600
>>> Adding process 18350 for game ID 108600
>>> Adding process 18352 for game ID 108600
>>> Adding process 18353 for game ID 108600
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(gameoverlayui)/version(20191129002155)
[1203/194629.969777:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(270)] Crash reporting enabled for process: renderer
[1203/194630.139546:ERROR:frame_sink_video_capturer_impl.cc(197)] Invalid resolutions constraints: 0x0 must not be greater than 0x0; and also within media::limits.
ERROR: General, 1575391590532> GameWindow.uncaughtException> Unhandled java.lang.NullPointerException thrown by thread MainThread.
ERROR: General, 1575391590534> ExceptionLogger.logException> Exception thrown java.lang.NullPointerException at UnixPath.register line:893. Message: Unhandled java.lang.NullPointerException thrown by thread MainThread.
ERROR: General, 1575391590535> DebugLogStream.printException> Stack trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at sun.nio.fs.UnixPath.register(UnixPath.java:893)
	at sun.nio.fs.AbstractPath.register(AbstractPath.java:104)
	at zombie.DebugFileWatcher.registerDir(DebugFileWatcher.java:68)
	at zombie.DebugFileWatcher.access$000(DebugFileWatcher.java:11)
	at zombie.DebugFileWatcher$1.preVisitDirectory(DebugFileWatcher.java:53)
	at zombie.DebugFileWatcher$1.preVisitDirectory(DebugFileWatcher.java:49)
	at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2677)
	at java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2742)
	at zombie.DebugFileWatcher.registerDirRecursive(DebugFileWatcher.java:48)
	at zombie.DebugFileWatcher.init(DebugFileWatcher.java:35)
	at zombie.GameWindow.mainThreadInit(GameWindow.java:501)
	at zombie.GameWindow.mainThread(GameWindow.java:458)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
>>> Adding process 18375 for game ID 108600
Game removed: AppID 108600 "", ProcID 18282

For anyone who runs into this stack trace, my friend ran into it the other day and we looked into it and figured out the root cause and how to fix it. On linux WatcherService (which DebugFileWatcher is using) uses inotify and on his system he had reached the limit for the maximum user instances. This also explains why rebooting may fix the issue as it likely cleans up some instances being used by other applications.

You can increase the number of allowed instances by increasing the allowed number of user instances in /proc/sys/fs/inotify/maxuserinstances or /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_instances depending on your system. e.g.

echo 256 | sudo tee /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_instances

I think it would be really helpful for the game to catch this error and let the user know this underlying cause and fix :-).