IWBUMS 41.21 RELEASED

lemmy101

1 hour ago, Burger_Time said:

That seems reasonable. You ain't gonna walk around without a jacket at 6°C and feel comfortable.

What are you, australian? Imagine wearing 4 layers of clothing plus a wooly hat and still feeling chilly at anything above freezing point, I'd want to be taking stuff off at that point.

Anyway I haven't played the new patch yet but it sounds like there's already some runaway bugs in the thermo sim, whuh oh. Lemme know when it's fixed, cheers

6 minutes ago, Loskene said:

What are you, australian? Imagine wearing 4 layers of clothing plus a wooly hat and still feeling chilly at anything above freezing point, I'd want to be taking stuff off at that point.

Anyway I haven't played the new patch yet but it sounds like there's already some runaway bugs in the thermo sim, whuh oh. Lemme know when it's fixed, cheers

He's wearing a Tank top, t-shirt, denim shirt and a varsity jacket and his character is feeling fine. I didn't take hat and pants into account, because as you can see, those parts of his body are real warm. Idk about you, but that seems ok to me.

4 minutes ago, Burger_Time said:

He's wearing a Tank top, t-shirt, denim shirt and a varsity jacket and his character is feeling fine. I didn't take hat and pants into account, because as you can see, those parts of his body are real warm. Idk about you, but that seems ok to me.

Oh hang on I misread what you were quoting, thought you meant they should be cold in those conditions.

5 minutes ago, Caturday said:

So its not possible to go outdoor ?

I can`t even stay indoors with all those layers of clothes on me, only next to the campfire I can survive, for now, by the way the temperature outside the range of the campfire is at -8 celsius and the clothes dont seem to work even with 7,45 insulation.

Edited by Esparcheeki
wops

2 minutes ago, Esparcheeki said:

I can`t even stay indoors with all those layers of clothes on me, only next to the campfire I can survive, for now, by the way the temperature outside the range of the campfire is at -8 celsius and the clothes dont seem to work even with 7,45 insulation.

Do u have any holes on ur gear ?

Please check it, my problems literally gone when i patched all holes, before that it was always chilly.

2 minutes ago, Caturday said:

Do u have any holes on ur gear ?

Please check it, my problems literally gone when i patched all holes, before that it was always chilly.

No holes at all and all the clothes are at 100% state, just a bit dirty, but still...

Edited by Esparcheeki

I concur, winter is unplayable right now. Character wearing more than decent winter clothing, indoor, result in fast (I mean REALLY fast) hypothermia. Sleeping in your bed during winter is the new bleach 😁

Would be nice if we had any way of disabling temperature. Couldn't find a mod to do that.

To me it sounds like the Body Temperature Stuff makes the game way too complicated in the wrong areas of the game.

The simple system we had was allready pretty good IMO - simple Rules - Dress Warm in Winter, get a heating source for your bedroom to not catch a cold - dont stay out for too long in the rain.

Now its like, dont have any holes in your gear, wear multiple layers of clothes, get gloves, finde a scarf and a wooly hat, check the insulation on every piece of gear. And the opposit for summer, better dont wear anything when fighting zombies, protection gear might get you killed because overheating. As much as i like that there are a lot of changes - i really dont like the direction this goes.

the penaltys are set way too harsh.

It would be really nice if you add the option to disable the new core temperatur stuff to stay with the old system - this change converts the Game into a Simulatior - i dont like to play simulators. I Like a lot of the changes - but not being able to disable this theroms stuff would keep me from enjoying the game in the long term

Edited by Komodo21

Yeah, that was a quick ride to death-town. Even as a ranger i caught a cold while sleeping in a bed in decent clothing when it suddenly dropped below 10C. 

Sure these changes are harsh and need tweaking, but I do like that the temperature actually has an effect now instead of making you uncomfortable.

Temperature changes are awesome, just have to be more realistic.

I mean, we have -9C now irl, and iam walking outside wearking long Tshirt + Winter Jacket + winter jeans.

Just a small tweak so winter wont be "sit in front of the campfire 3 months".

These "sit in in front of the campfire" situations must happen only in deep winter + blizzard with wind outside.

Edited by Caturday

We need heating devices; either electric heaters/stoves or similar gas/propane/coal powered ones we can use inside buildings or even outside.

Or, (and here we may be moving onto far greater additions) add a "Thermostat" electric fixture to most buildings, just like we have light switches now. It could simply have the interface the Car's AC have already. Of course, not ALL places will have this (wouldn't expect a wooden cabin in the middle of nowhere, or a Self-Storage unit to have HVAC), but most of them would.

5 hours ago, Caturday said:

Temperature changes are awesome, just have to be more realistic.

I mean, we have -9C now irl, and iam walking outside wearking long Tshirt + Winter Jacket + winter jeans.

Just a small tweak so winter wont be "sit in front of the campfire 3 months".

These "sit in in front of the campfire" situations must happen only in deep winter + blizzard with wind outside.

But... Is there possible to fire a campfire in the blizzard?😂

• nasKo unpinned this topic