IWBUMS 41.21 RELEASED

lemmy101

NEW

Replaced tailoring submenu with an "Inspect clothing UI" which act like health panel.
Added visible bandage models on character
Changed the animation when building log walls, and hide hand models since no tools are required.
Added a "world" attachment to some weapon models to position and rotate them nicely when they are on the ground. This is used so shovels and planks lie flat on the ground, for example.
Added "Aim outline" display option.
Player now unequips current item before equipping another when both items are in the hotbar.
Fixed some bugs with the Inspect Clothing UI & added a condition bar.
Finished bandages models (added dirty!)
Removed "New Roof Hiding" option.
Catch and log all Throwable errors when saving the game.
Added randomised vehicle spawn events - car crashes etc.
Introduced aspects of new challenges: Zombies are now active at night & inactive during day in Studio, you start with a torch at midnight. Tweaked Kingsmouth sandbox options.
Improved transition to action animation to remove anim snaps

INSULATION SYSTEM CHANGES

- fixed bug that resulted in no catch a cold chance when conditions did apply
- slowed down body heat generation increase/decrease rates
- added advanced view and applied text changes on thermal tab
- fixed temperature offsets of limbs to be more pronounced
- changed a few internal values making fighting cold to be harder based on test feedback also including: the dropping of core temperature now affects total possible heat generated and the body ability to keep fighting cold
- increased energy/fluid consumption rates a little bit when overheating/undercooling
- added small increase in energy consumption when generating lots of heat.
- changed skin temperature moves faster when its moving back to favorable levels, so it doesnt take that long to warm up again.
- fixed bug that during heat made skin too hot too fast based on insulation
- fixed a few clothing pieces insulation
- changed hypothermia stage 2 kicking in at core 35, instead of 33
- added a lower body heat generation value when sneaking.
- added small incremental insulation bonus affecting high insulating clothing mostly
- added extra lower perspiration rate modifier for clothing in colder temperatures
- added water resistance to various jackets,pants,hats and footwear

BALANCE

Increased a tad weapon spawning attached to zombies.
Increased gardenning spray, scissors, gloves & butter knife spawn rate.
Removed Belt being able to be cut.
Increased thread spawn rate in kitchen.
Mechanics window tooltips now display battery charge, amount of fuel in gas tank, amount of air in tires.
Improved how day/night cycle zombies sandbox option works: when active, they get your sandbox options. When inactive, they're really slow & weak, but they can still walk/attack.
Added slow shamblers zombies speed.

FIXES

- Possibly fixed walking-in-place zombies.
- Fixed hotbar not updating when replacing a holster with a double holster or vice-versa.
- Fixed custom weights for food and crafted radios not being saved.
- Fixed "Clear Ashes" not being available.
- Allow Shovel/Shovel2/SnowShovel/HandShovel to be used to clear ashes.
- Fixed lua error in DebugChunkState displaying tables in modData.
- Fixed the bug "vehicles sometimes disappear until you reload the game".
- Fixed the player getting stuck when climbing a sheetrope and the way is blocked at the top. The player will automatically climb back down.
- Fixed overlapping garage door and wall in cell 37,22.
- Fixed Tailoring skill books disappearing after being read.
- Fixed grime/overlays/etc from burned tiles.
- Fixed the bug: the -Dnosave option throw a bunch of error
- Fixed car batteries starting with greater than 100% charge sometimes.
- Fixed picking up broken glass with the furniture-moving tool not cutting the hands as it does when done with the context menu.
- Fixed red garage doors not being openable.
- Fixed Transfer All not working when one of the items is a Moveable (furniture) item.
- Fixed cold water being used sometimes when disinfecting bandages or making hot drinks.
- Fixed Zombie Count sandbox option setting Population Multiplier incorrectly (since Very High was added).
- Fixed wrong climb-over-fence animation playing when holding a handgun.
- Fixed MEGA THUNDER bug after fast-forward
- Fixed zombies springing upright when struck after climbing over a fence, instead of getting stomped on.
- Fixed lua error when attempting to reload a magazine when there are no bullets in inventory.
- Fixed lua error when crafting when items need to be transferred to main inventory. (Packing nails into multiple boxes).
- Fixed not being able to wear items on the head with coveralls (FullSuit and FullSuitHead locations were swapped). This should fix welding masks disappearing when zombies die, if they were wearing coveralls.
- Fixed being able to click on doors to open/close them from too far away. Now the player must be in the 2x3 or 3x2 squares adjacent to the door.
- Fixed hitting trees through walls.
- Fixed zombies runners not running toward a sound (breaking windows, TV..)
- Fixed zombies runners running in circle around you.

Nice.

With all the thermal stuff in now, I have a question about what options we have for environmental temperature control. Basically, how does the game calculate the temperature inside buildings? Does it factor in things like insulation or convection, do buildings absorb heat (light) during the day and slowly emit it at night, will a fireplace heat up a building or just a room, what is the effect of open/closed doors and windows. That kind of thing. Thanks.

The light bulb bug is still present. All the looted light bulbs and those we take from the lamps are always on 10% durability , the light bulbs we take from cars are not affected with this bug.

Question: Is this a bug? Or part of the game? From a reallystic point of view, all the light bulbs wouldn't be brand new, so I would understand, the problem is that all of them (Except the ones we take from cars) are 10%.

Hunger seems to increase really fast even at normal air temperature (21ºC). I'm barely moving and in less than 3 hours I'm already peckish.

Also, recovering from hypothermia is extremely hard, because of the low heat generation and the constant tiredness and hunger (which increases even faster).

Edited by axeladalidez78

Thanks for fixing the zombie thing when they jump over fences. 

Incase you didnt already know they also behave the same way when jumping threw a window with furniture behind it and when jumping threw burned walls (the ones without windows).

PS: keep up the great work ❤️

6 minutes ago, Jirka.Mustang said:

It also seems to me that after the 41.21 update my character is still hungry. He eats food that is -25 hungry and after a while he is hungry again :-(

Same, my character is pretty much hungry  with the Hearty Appetite  trait

Yesterday i played in Kentucky, woke up in the middle of Russia lul.

Double cloth geared, all perfect condition, and character still loses heat very fast, but outside its only 5 degrees, its not soem deep north Siberia with -40.

Huh ?

22a4ikoezap31.png

Upd

ok after some tests here is the minimum to not feel freezy when 6 degrees outside

22a4ikoezap31.png

Can not imagine winter lmao

Edited by Caturday

14 minutes ago, Shepard said:

I even tried getting into a car and blasting the heater on max but can't raise her temperature, not even a little bit.

Heater is what saved me when i entered the game after an update.

Just give it some time and turn maximum temperature, it will get you to 25+ degrees so u wont turn into snowman.

17 minutes ago, Caturday said:

Yesterday i played in Kentucky, woke up in the middle of Russia lul.

Double cloth geared, all perfect condition, and character still loses heat very fast, but outside its only 5 degrees, its not soem deep north Siberia with -40.

Huh ?

22a4ikoezap31.png

Upd

ok after some tests here is the minimum to not feel freezy when 6 degrees outside

22a4ikoezap31.png

Can not imagine winter lmao

You're also tired so it grealy reduces your body heat generation, maybe that's why?

8 minutes ago, axeladalidez78 said:

You're also tired so it grealy reduces your body heat generation, maybe that's why?

It does not affect it at all seems like.

Was in a car with a heater, slept, now no tiredness yet rapedly dropping heat:

22a4ikoezap31.png

And now game crashed >.>

At this very moment insulation system is much more dangerous than zombies.

Had a fight, dropped my wooly hat, and froze + starved till i reached my base. Ha!

Edited by Caturday

2 minutes ago, Burger_Time said:

That seems reasonable. You ain't gonna walk around without a jacket at 6°C and feel comfortable.

Replaced Varsity JackeT with standart long jacked with higher insulation, nothing changed :P

Seems like game looks at green shoulders and thinks than insulation is very low.

2 hours ago, DarkHawkArg said:

The light bulb bug is still present. All the looted light bulbs and those we take from the lamps are always on 10% durability , the light bulbs we take from cars are not affected with this bug.

Question: Is this a bug? Or part of the game? From a reallystic point of view, all the light bulbs wouldn't be brand new, so I would understand, the problem is that all of them (Except the ones we take from cars) are 10%.

That bug also applies to radios you take out of a car and put right back in they can go from 80% to 10% on the reinstall.

1 hour ago, axeladalidez78 said:

So I just downloaded a small patch and the hunger problem seems to be gone fortunately.

I'm having the exact opposite problem where I have already gone through a bowl of beans and a stir fry and I'm not even half done with day 1

oh there was a patch mid game that cleared it up :D

Edited by Kalista

• nasKo unpinned this topic