Machetes seem to be far too rare compared to other weapons.

ZAMNPlayerD

So, for those playing Build 41, one of the new weapons is the simple Machete. It's reliable and useful... But the thing is that it only seems to spawn in Survivor Houses (i.e. those houses that are boarded up and contain a stash of food and weapons.)

I think it would make more sense if it could spawn places like warehouses or storage places, or places where axes and hand scythes can spawn. I mean, I can understand why the assault rifle or smg are super rare, but I've had a playthrough happen recently where I set everything to abundant and a character with the lucky trait, and I found a house with multiple fire and wood axes, and even more hand axes. I only found one machete. (Edit: one machete out of two survivor houses that I found and looted, btw. The axes were found in a carpenter's house, as every cabinet contain hammers, nails, books of carpentry, etc.)

And axes can spawn anywhere hardware can spawn. It would be nice if it could spawn places other than survivor houses.

Edited by ZAMNPlayerD
Needed more info for context

4 minutes ago, disgusdad said:

I have found machetes in the Hardware store in Riverside the last 3 playthroughs (Weapon spawn set to normal in sandbox) 41.20 IWBUMS

Huh, guess I should go to Riverside then. I mostly play in Muldraugh. The playthrough I was talking about was in West Point.

8 hours ago, Geras said:

I have only found 1 machete since iwbums started. I haven't found a katana yet. Both are super-rare. I understand that katana is OP, but yeah, machete could use a spawn buff.

Also, KATANAS?! I thought those were a mod item. Huh, guess I have my work cut out for me then.

19 minutes ago, Neonwarrior said:

Yeah, you can really dice things up with one of those.

Ah man, here I was thinking that Machetes were as good as it gets if you wanted to use something other than Fire Axes or Hand Axes to slash things in Zomboid. I remember seeing mods for Katanas like one Katana Mod by a steam user named Nemesis was really OP, but hasn't been updated in ages, and I doubt it would work in Build 41.

Imagine if the devs made a Renaissance Fair or a Mueseum for all your battle-ready replica medieval weaponry. Like being able to find Scottish Claymores to remind the zombies  that there can be only one.