Zombies dont attack you in sandbox

disgusdad

No mods, clean install, even deleted my user zomboid data folder and let game rebuild it.

I has to be something triggered by the preset options, if I chose CUSTOM SANDBOX -> SURVIVOR it get attacked/damaged

If I select any of my custom settings files, zombies will not attack at all, only walk into you.

Attached is an example preset file, if you I load a new game with it, zombies will not attack.

slow_death.png

Slow_Death.cfg

I just opened the cfg file and had a skim down your settings, you have the zombie cognition and memory both set to 3, which I think is the lowest value before random. So if that's set to what I think it is you made them stupid and forgetful to the point of inaction. I've noticed some zombies behave like this when I have everything set on random and get the occasional zombie who's not all that bothered about the whole thing. Change those two to anything else and they should wake back up, assuming it's just a config issue.

No luck, just set Cognition to Navigate and Memory to Normal and no attacks.

And I would have thought short memory and basic nav should be enough to trigger and attack standing next to them and pushing them. Since memory even has a "none" option.

Well look at that, you're right. From bothering them a bit it seems they can navigate to noise just fine, but something's preventing them acquiring a target and becoming "active" zombies, all bitey scratchey and attracting others. Gonna have to go through your settings process of elimination style until you find the culprit I think. 

vyMLozo.jpg

I have noticed the same thing; I also did a clean install and it doesn't change it. I have tried multiple settings and nothing.  The only difference for me, however, is that the zeds seem to be fine in the beginning of my gameplays. They are outright dangerous and I have even died in the first few minutes due to bad decisions, but then as the game progressed they became just nothing... slow, unresponsive. They seem to hear me and come to me just fine, evening breaking windows and doors, but they don't attack/bite/scratch. I have had them literally in the safe house kitchen just standing there doing nothing while I looted, moving around to my sounds like... well, zombies lol... but no attacks. I tried all different settings for memory, sight, smell etc and it's all the same, they start out good and then just stop after a while. I have a theory that it may have to do with sleeping, but I am not sure, since it appears they go blank after I survive the first day, but it could happens earlier or later I haven't taken note.

Edited by raamiap