Modding Barricade Health causes issues

barricademodder

I'm not entirely sure what to make of all this so here's to hoping someone can help.

Lately I've been trying to figure out how to change the health of player-built barricades and I've encoutered some peculiar issues.

Editing the entry in ClientCommands.lua, that refers to building a barricade, I managed to change the "setCondition" argunment from variable to a set number. By all means, that should work.

This works well enough if I set planks to have 60 health and metal sheets/bars 240. However, for some reason, if I set the numbers higher, the game begins acting strangely and I can't figure out why.

If I set the plank health to 1250 (to a max total of 5000 with all four in) and metal sheets/bars to 2000000, the whole process starts being weird. Metal sheet barricade goes up flawlessly and does hold long enough for me to confirm that the health of it is indeed 2000000, but barricading with planks gets weirder:

- Unbarricaded window

- Add a plank, looks fine

- Try to add second plank, the action is performed, but the first plank graphic disappears and the window/door still claims to be barricaded and you can't unbarricade it

- Adding a plank again will put 1 plank on the door and the process can be repeated endlessly

- If there is a plank visible and you unbarricade it, the entire barricade disappears

it is my best guess that saving the game and reloading causes the extra health to disappear and the barricades either glitch out or revert to their base health.

So, any ideas?

Edited by barricademodder