Use tool from and return to container

Morbo513

This is simultaneously a straightforwards yet somewhat complex suggestion; The ability to have re-usable items (any tool required to perform a contextual action eg. medical, carpentry, mechanics) returned automatically its container after use.

For example, I keep a tin opener stored alongside all my canned foods - but I'll often open a tin, eat the food and forget to place the can opener back into the container.

As another example, medkits are currently very inconvenient to use for this same reason, especially considering you have to drop it to put stuff back in (If I'm not mistaken). I pluck glass out of a wound with tweezers, disinfect it with alcohol wipes, suture it with a suture needle, then bandage it - now my inventory is a mess, and I have to make considerable effort to clean it back up.
As an aside, the weight/weight reduction of the First Aid kit and its default contents make it way too inefficient despite how much it could help in keeping things organised.

For a third, I use a couple backpacks for specific purposes; A mechanic kit containing a screwdriver, wrench, lug wrench, jack and tire pump; A carpentry kit containing a saw, wood-axe, hammer and nails.
Again, I might end up using all those tools in disassembling a vehicle or building an object - along with my weapons and basic equipment it then becomes very easy to overlook one tool or another.

The question is how and whether this could be implemented in an intuitive fashion. The idea I have in that regard is either making it default behaviour (meaning the player has to manually transfer tools between parts of their inventory and/or containers if they wish to rearrange), and/or giving the player toggles for both in-inventory containers (eg. First Aid kits) and between player inventory and object (furniture, floor, trunks etc) inventories.
The other method I could think of is allowing the player to toggle this behaviour on each item, but that sounds like more of a pain than it's worth.

Better ideas are of course welcome - "Just remember to put things back" isn't a better idea though; That might be how it works in reality where these objects are tangible, but that's not the case for PZ.

Edited by Morbo513