Fall damage for zombies

muscamole

I was playing a custom map which featured tall apartment buildings and noticed that zombies don't take noticeable fall damage, even from 3+ stories. They kinda get into this crouch/impact bracing animation but are totally fine afterwards. A 3 story fall should nearly always turn zombies into crawlers or kill them outright. Very disappointing from a realism/atmosphere standpoint. I do play with "random" toughness so its possible these zombies were just tough, but even if that were the case they shouldn't be able to walk after a 3 story fall.

Zombies falling from one story should have a high chance of turning into crawlers too. Not sure if fall damage for player characters is missing as well, but a one story fall seems to rarely damage the player character. 

Please fix fall damage devs! 

i totally agree with this,they should be able to break their legs,and eventually die from fall damage caused by smashing head on ground

(harder ground like asphalt or concrete would mean higher damage,what would make difference if they would fall from lower floors)

On 11/23/2019 at 8:36 PM, Loskene said:

Well I can't say for zombies but I can tell you from misadventures building a 5-storey tower that yes indeed, players have fall damage lol. Above a certain height you just get insta-splattered.

Ah maybe I just got lucky, or maybe there are some bugs in certain situations. I tried demolishing a roof and replacing it with wood flooring, and I fell 4-5 times from the roof to the floor because of weird pathing/selecting the wrong tiles and never got hurt. But I do seem to remember getting hurt jumping out a window from the second story in previous versions.