Tow rope

Damano

Why would you need two drivers?  It's a good idea because it allows you to attach a car which has run out of fuel/has engine problems and wont start up to another car in order to tow it back to your base to fix it, or you could use it to clear other vehicles off the road with damaging you car.

I'd personally like to see this added to the game.

Because you need someone to steer and brake the car being towed. You haven't had to do this IRL have you? If you want to move a car with one person you need a flatbed truck and a winch. I wouldn't mind them adding that though tbh, we need more large vehicles, the lorries in the used car mods are great but I want a big feckoff tractor-trailer with a cowcatcher on the front.

27 minutes ago, Loskene said:

Because you need someone to steer and brake the car being towed. You haven't had to do this IRL have you? If you want to move a car with one person you need a flatbed truck and a winch. I wouldn't mind them adding that though tbh, we need more large vehicles, the lorries in the used car mods are great but I want a big feckoff tractor-trailer with a cowcatcher on the front.

Is that still the case when it comes to tow trucks? They lift the car off its front wheels, taking steering out of the equation and if I'm not mistaken making a collision between the tower and tow-ee much less likely

As for using non-tow trucks to tow other vehicles, I think it'd be cool if those difficulties were reflected in-game. Using a tow rope on your own might be viable just to shift a wreck or non-functional car off the road, but without a second driver you're going to have to decelerate and take corners very gently to keep the towed car from bumping into yours if you intend to drag it a long distance.

The tow trucks that lift the front wheels up have a fixed pivot for the towed car rather than a slack rope so yeah there's no risk of collision. Proper tow trucks would be nice but I wouldn't mind the option of combining any suitably large flatbed (or container truck) with a winch motor and two planks to bring home a nice looking non-starter anyway.

Either way if we're asking for towed vehicles we're asking for trailer mechanics to be added to the game so we might as well go ahead and ask for 18-wheelers too.

Edited by Loskene