Dragging item to container's icon often does not work (Mac)

ohgodspidersno

When I click and drag an item to container's icon it often does not register. If I hold the item over the icon for a second before letting go of the mouse it is more likely to work. The longer I pause the better the chance that it will work.

Having the container's contents open in another window and dragging the item into the list always works.

2 hours ago, ohgodspidersno said:

When I click and drag an item to container's icon it often does not register. If I hold the item over the icon for a second before letting go of the mouse it is more likely to work. The longer I pause the better the chance that it will work.

Having the container's contents open in another window and dragging the item into the list always works.

Samesies (also mac).

17 hours ago, trombonaught said:

Is that a thing?!! I tried it intuitively, thinking it might do something, but it hasn't worked.

It's really inconsistent. Sometimes it works fine, other times I try clicking as fast as I can like 10 times in a row and nothing happens. It would be funny if it was a computer speed thing. What year/model macbook are you using?

Edited by ohgodspidersno

3 hours ago, ohgodspidersno said:

It's really inconsistent. Sometimes it works fine, other times I try clicking as fast as I can like 10 times in a row and nothing happens. It would be funny if it was a computer speed thing. What year/model macbook are you using?

2014 Macbook Pro, hbu?

Seems to work fine on 3/4 of the Macs I've acquired. (The exception is the 2008 w/ a GT 9400M; but it was unplayable right out of the box. Probably due to the 4 GB of RAM + horrible HDD.)

I did find having off-screen GUi rendering enabled did seem to lag on systems with low  RAM + Intel  integrated graphics, but I imagine that's not the cause here, since the 2014 Macbook should have 8 GB of RAM + Intel Iris integrated graphics. You can try turning it off; though this means if the inventory causes  any FPS loss, it'll be reflected in the FPS of the entire game. This is in addition to having to redraw it every fame instead of every second or third. Your mileage may vary.

Disabling off-screen GUi rendering fixed the "dragging on container icon not recognized" issue for me. It happens most at the 10fps setting and least at the 30fps setting. If I turn the setting off, it won't happen anymore (Game is running at 60fps). I´m playing on Windows, Core I3@3,5GHz 16GB Ram GeForceGTX 960 3GB.

11 hours ago, ganya said:

Disabling off-screen GUi rendering fixed the "dragging on container icon not recognized" issue for me. It happens most at the 10fps setting and least at the 30fps setting. If I turn the setting off, it won't happen anymore (Game is running at 60fps). I´m playing on Windows, Core I3@3,5GHz 16GB Ram GeForceGTX 960 3GB.

Nice I'll give that a shot thanks