General Performance in 41.20

Lithorn

Question

What could I do to increase the games smoothness when playing? Before the animations and new textures it ran smooth but now I can get some choppy FPS when fully zoomed out with only a handful of zombies. Not sure if I posted this in the right place. Anyhoo, I like the work being done and I know with times things will get better. Love PZ. When I tried out the survival/house on fire setup the FPS was terrible with all the zombies. Its fine if I don't fully zoom out on a normal game but I get the feeling once the zombies start to flow things will get bad.

I run an AMD 8320 3.5ghz(Boost 4.2), 16g DDR3 1866 Corsair mem, 1060 EVGA SC 3g, Win10 X64 fully up to date. The game isnt fully using all of the specs, so I don't think there is a bottleneck. I'm sure its just new coding going in that will eventually get a fine tuning.. I just wonder if I can alter some things to make it a little better so I can play without it slowing down when there are lots of zeds. Also I can't get the FPS display to come up pressing K. If there are anything you need answered from me please let me know, I'd love to help.

1 answer to this question

2 hours ago, Lithorn said:

What could I do to increase the games smoothness when playing? Before the animations and new textures it ran smooth but now I can get some choppy FPS when fully zoomed out with only a handful of zombies. Not sure if I posted this in the right place. Anyhoo, I like the work being done and I know with times things will get better. Love PZ. When I tried out the survival/house on fire setup the FPS was terrible with all the zombies. Its fine if I don't fully zoom out on a normal game but I get the feeling once the zombies start to flow things will get bad.

I run an AMD 8320 3.5ghz(Boost 4.2), 16g DDR3 1866 Corsair mem, 1060 EVGA SC 3g, Win10 X64 fully up to date. The game isnt fully using all of the specs, so I don't think there is a bottleneck. I'm sure its just new coding going in that will eventually get a fine tuning.. I just wonder if I can alter some things to make it a little better so I can play without it slowing down when there are lots of zeds. Also I can't get the FPS display to come up pressing K. If there are anything you need answered from me please let me know, I'd love to help.

There's still optimizations to come in the future for this build, so there's not much you can do right now for the most part. :)

Environment reflections, dynamic skybox, running at lower resolutions, puddles/water quality are all things that you could try to lower but I don't think it'll make much of a drastic difference in regards to this unfortunately.
image.png.8db6440eac42e87a652fc610ada24460.png

Archived