IWBUMS 41.20 RELEASED!

lemmy101

PLEASE NOTE: This patch includes two Work in Progress new systems - being released now for general feedback and bug reports.
The new thermal system should be seen as being in a 'debug' state. We'll likely add more streamlined feedback so as not to intimidate players  with options to dig into the advanced statistics, as much of the info currently provided won't be necessary to players unless they want to dig into it - or are perhaps playing one of our planned 'extreme' challenges in future versions.

Likewise - the current new sewing/tailoring system is currently accessed via multiple submenus, but will be replaced by a more versatile UI window for each different bloodied/ripped/dirty garment in the next patch

NEW

Added new Mash's textures for zombies and survivor characters.
Zombies have now 3 level of decay, they'll be shown depending on your survival time (6 months after apo having lots of decay level 3 etc..)
Updated Kingsmouth & Studio map, also changed their description for placeholder & added correct thumblr for them.
Character temperature stuff:
- added Thermoregulator to BodyDamage which handles all the player heat stuff
- added character panel thermos ui and elements
- changed hunger,thirst,fatigue may be multiplied due to thermoregulation state
- reworked cold/heat damage and penalties
- changed umbrella effectiveness to per body part basis
- changed getting a cold chance to measure skin temperature + wetness per body part, head/neck/chest weigh more
- changed outdoorsman reduces chance to catch a cold to 10% of normal
- added proper humidity to climate manager
- added bodyheat generation values to timedactions, walking, combat (also an increase based on weight)
- added bodywetness per body part instead of one value for entire body
- changed clothing wetness/drying, added perspiration and body heat working the layers from inside to outside 
- added clothing insulation values to new clothing, Clothing insulation can be set from 0.0 to 1.0 
- added clothing wind resist, decreases windchill effect, can be set from 0.0 to 1.0
- added clothing water resist, 1.0 fully stops soakthrough (example poncho) lower value slows it down
- added time penalty for timed actions when hands/arms are very cold
- added bodypart widget to protection panel
- changed PlayerClimateDebug to show debug stuff for thermoregulator now
- added BodyPartContacts, can be used to determine which body part connects to another
- added distance to core, skinsurface percentage and umbrella mod to BodyPartType
Added Clothing Repair:
Right click an item to add/remove patches to clothing.
Adding a patch to a hole removes it, otherwise it simply gives you defense bonus (need to add more insulation to them if simply upgrading).
Quality of the defense depend on fabric used & tailoring skill.
In coming weeks a UI will be made to inspect clothing so it'll be less clicky through submenus.
Changed how ripping clothing works to make it easier to update when new clothes are being added.
Can now rip leather/denim stuff to get strips (requires scissors).
Boosted overall thread spawn rate, can also get leather strips when disassembling leather stuff (couch etc.)
Patch textures currently all the same no matter the fabric used, they are placeholder textures.
Gun improvements:
Tweaked hit chance with guns: should be easier and have a way more 'linear' feel toward aiming level now.
Improved zombies sprinter:
- They now sprint only if they have a target, otherwise they just walk.
- They have a chance to trip and fall when sprinting.
- Fixed zombies sprinting through trees.
- Sprinters have a wider turn delta when sprinting.
- Controller X button now transfers items from the player to whichever container is displayed in the loot window, instead
 of to the floor.
Saving and logs:
- Added DebugLog.txt file to logs.zip. This file is contained in /debug-log/ directory in archive.
- Checked that vehicles.db file is saved in logs.zip. This file is contained in /save/ directory in archive.
- Added saving last save when the game starting. Those files are contained in /save_old/ directory in archive.
Water improvements:
- Added WaterZones on the docks and boathouse north of Westpoint to fix rendering with the water shader.
 It isn't 100% fixed; the tiles that provide thickness to the docks aren't visible, and there's a 1-tile glitch
 where the dock meets the shore.
- I changed the water-shader code to render in two passes, first the solid water tiles, then the regular tiles, then the shore tiles.
 It fixes some tiles being hidden on the docks/boathouse north of Westpoint, and the railway bridge east of Westpoint.  Previously
 you couldn't see the transparent floors on the edges of the railway bridge because the water covered them.

GENERAL

Added some food models (mainly for vegetables/fruits).
Addded eat from plate anim
Added tailoring trait/books.
Fixed sometimes having spawn house barricaded.
Moved passive skills to the top of the Skills tab.
Transfering items by 20 stakcs now does it only for small items (weight <= 0.1) liks nails, bullets etc..
Changed aiming zombies outline colors to use less dark red.
Changed some words on repair menu.
MARTIN ADDITIONS
-added Bob_IdleEatingFromPlate.X and Bob_DrinkFromFloor.X
TRUNK VERSION
- Fixed puddles rendering on top of water (when not using the water shader and Dynamic Puddles = All).
- Fixed puddle data rendering
 This was to fix a bug when opening/closing a door using a controller, puddles would appear briefly
 in a 3x3 area around the door.  It didn't happen when using the 'E' key, strangely.  I think the puddles
 rendering isn't thread safe though, the main thread could be updating IsoPuddlesGeometry.pda/etc while the
 render thread is reading them.
- Fixed the second container in the loot window being auto-selected instead of the first when using a controller.
 IIRC the floor used to be displayed at the top of the list of containers in the loot window.
- Fixed some garage doors with walls behind them in cell 25,31.
- Fixed zombies inherit some other room distributions, making easy to farm some items by luring zombies into specific rooms.
- Removed tutorial popup message for new players.
- Fixed entering a vehicle sometimes taking longer than it should. This seemed to happen when the player was playing a turning animation and entered the vehicle.
- Fixed rendering of wall vines being affected by the old circle-stencil.
- Added a delay-before attack animation to the zombie "attack" state in 100% unfair instant pounce situations.  The animation lasts 1/2 second. This replaces the 'grace' period from the last patch.
- Removed the blend time between the start and finish animations of the zombie attack.  This appeared to
 cause a hitch in the zombie's pose.
- Fixed player walking to adjacent containers when transferring items.
- Fixed Difference in how tint is applied to models versus on-character clothes.
- Fixed Survivor & Builder mode not starting in July.
- Fixed player not waking up when low health.
- Fixed player not waking up if a zombie destroy something in the house (window, door, barricade..)
- Fixed sometimes player continue walking when about to sleep making him phasing through walls etc.
- Fixed texture-related exception loading moveable items in containers.
- Fixed sleep ending too soon.
- Fixed player turning while looting since doing so may change which containers are displayed.
- Fixed corpse textures being recreated each time a corpse was loaded.
- Fixed lua error unloading bullets from a magazine when there are no bullets in inventory.
- Fixed issues dismantling vehicles with a blowtorch.
- Fixed multiplying comboboxes killing fps after repeatedly clicking the Randomize button in the character-creation screen.
- Fixed typo in ClothingSelectionDefinitions.lua.

Noice, thanks for the controller fixes. It seems like you folded in all the movement fixes from the inventory sanity mod, but by any chance did you also include the fix to the inventory column width? With the item name and category bars split down the middle it obscured longer item names and amounts, especially on splitscreen. Didn't see that one in the changelog but I might've missed it. Anyway, great work, this build gets fresher every week.

Edited by Loskene

1 hour ago, GriNAME said:

Add a sleep animation when the character goes to bed and gets up.

Yeah, and maybe one to seat on chair (and avoid the double "rest" on chair and seat on floor at the same time)

And we gonna need some skate/roller protection, to reinforce our clothes (like elbow, knee pad, wrist guard,...)

Wow and some people dare to say you guys are slacking and the game has been abandonned lol, good work.

" - added time penalty for timed actions when hands/arms are very cold "

Damn... I hope you'll increase the chances to find gloves because I still didn't find any except long gloves, I actually don't even know if wool gloves exist

I know it just has been added and I probably shouldn't suggest anything about it right now but... wouldn't be nice to be able to create our own threads with clothes? Because once all thread has been used how are we gonna repair clothes? This abilitiy could be unlocked at lvl 5-6 I don't know so it's not too easy to get threads.

" - Fixed zombies inherit some other room distributions, making easy to farm some items by luring zombies into specific rooms. "

what did you fixed precisly? They don't give those items anymore or only zombies spawning inside specific rooms give "special" loots?

41 minutes ago, Tails said:

interesting new update not sure why tailoring is a survival skill shouldnt that be crafting skill?

Think its under that since its a repair skill so you don't die from lack of clothing making it more or less a survival skill.

7 hours ago, Loskene said:

It seems like you folded in all the movement fixes from the inventory sanity mod, but by any chance did you also include the fix to the inventory column width?

Love me some Vanilla.... Hallelujah!!!  correct sir...

From my Inventory Sanity Mod, those two issues have been resolved Auto-Walk specific to containers and incorrect Container Switch... Column width, however has not been changed. Vanilla is always better so we have to run fewer mods... I'll update the mod to reflect those changes to eliminate redundancy, and slip in the additional auto-walk fixes I've been testing on the side...

Good stuff!!!

Edited by Arsenal26

6 hours ago, Axezombie said:

I know it just has been added and I probably shouldn't suggest anything about it right now but... wouldn't be nice to be able to create our own threads with clothes? Because once all thread has been used how are we gonna repair clothes? This abilitiy could be unlocked at lvl 5-6 I don't know so it's not too easy to get threads.

Easiest way would be to add thread to zombie loot. Thread is something you'd find in a makeshift first aid kit, so it makes sense to find some on people that had become zombies. Creating thread needs farming (cotton) as well as a crafting station (spinning wheel). More of a Hydrocraft kind of thing?

I can't remember if I asked but could you add a morgue system: Like a menu at the main menu that shows your last 5 characters and the 5 that survived the longest 10 total. It can show how long they survived for, what you built them as to start, their stats when they died, how they looked when they died, their name and where they died. Maybe some more but that sounds good: just something to remember the survivors I loved by and also this will help me improve as a player in many ways. So please add something like this, it would make me so happy. Keep up the great work I am in love with the current build! XD

7 hours ago, Aggrobiscuit said:

Easiest way would be to add thread to zombie loot. Thread is something you'd find in a makeshift first aid kit, so it makes sense to find some on people that had become zombies. Creating thread needs farming (cotton) as well as a crafting station (spinning wheel). More of a Hydrocraft kind of thing?

I imagine it would be pretty rare to get a first aid kit to begin with but also with thread in it, how many zombies would you need to kill to finally get thread?

I'm not a tailor but is it not possible to get thread fom clothes? I mean we all had at some point a thread out of our shirt we could pull it out entierly, so I guess a tailor wouldn't have too much problems to get threads from clothes, right?

Edited by Axezombie

Feedback on the Current Patch:

- The Character Temperature seems weird to me - Temperature outside is 5 degrees Celcius, i run for a few meters and get the Unpleasantly Hot moodle - i get the point that the body gets heated after running - but not after a few meters.

I Like the Change about the Rain alot - feels better now than it was before.

Some wishes regarding to your momentary flow of new stuff:

Taking away from Hydrocraft: Would be Nice to be able to get Wire out of other kinds of Wire.

Some more Options in Terms of Carpentry Objects - Would be Cool to have an Axe Rack, Gun Rack, and stuff like that - or at least being able to Rename Crates.

The Chance of Finding Gloves is Super low right now - i'm 2 Months into my Sandbox that is somewhere between builder and Survival - found 3 Pair of gloves in total - Maybe Changing the old Maps a bit to get more stores instead of some houses - i allways found the relation bit weird - tons of Storage and Warehouses, tons of houses and Trailers, a few food markets and barely any Specific Markets.

I also enjoyed a mod alot that increased the Loottable of Zeds - there are a lot of items in the game that wouldnt be that odd to be found in purses, duffle bags and stuff like that when carried on zombies or even on them like Thread, Twine, (wood)glue - Lighters and Matches are also way more rare on zeds than they should be - people rather have a lighter on them than having a walkie talkie or a radio - at least in europe that is 

Also 1 Thing - if you want to get new players to the game - maybe dont make it too complicated - its allready at the piont where you really need to watch walkthroughs to learn some of the most important mechanics - the game will just get harder to get into the more stuff like the temperature stuff you add.

Wow guys, just wow... I am obsessed with this new update! The only thing that is kinda bothering me is the fact that I can't move stuff per 20 anymore. It took me 2h30 in-game to move 45 planks... I wish it was cut back to 10 pcs at a time, that should be quit realistic right? Also when I tried to tailor my shirt, it mentioned that the condition was not 100% and still it wouldn't let me patch anymore holes because it said there were none. Is this normal that the clothes don't reach 100% when patching them or is it because I patched them with ripped sheets? Does my tailoring skill need to be higher to patch them completely to 100% or with different materials?

Thanks and keep on feeding me this delicious pz content plis :)

8 hours ago, Komodo21 said:

Feedback on the Current Patch:

- The Character Temperature seems weird to me - Temperature outside is 5 degrees Celcius, i run for a few meters and get the Unpleasantly Hot moodle - i get the point that the body gets heated after running - but not after a few meters.

I Like the Change about the Rain alot - feels better now than it was before.

Some wishes regarding to your momentary flow of new stuff:

Taking away from Hydrocraft: Would be Nice to be able to get Wire out of other kinds of Wire.

Some more Options in Terms of Carpentry Objects - Would be Cool to have an Axe Rack, Gun Rack, and stuff like that - or at least being able to Rename Crates.

The Chance of Finding Gloves is Super low right now - i'm 2 Months into my Sandbox that is somewhere between builder and Survival - found 3 Pair of gloves in total - Maybe Changing the old Maps a bit to get more stores instead of some houses - i allways found the relation bit weird - tons of Storage and Warehouses, tons of houses and Trailers, a few food markets and barely any Specific Markets.

I also enjoyed a mod alot that increased the Loottable of Zeds - there are a lot of items in the game that wouldnt be that odd to be found in purses, duffle bags and stuff like that when carried on zombies or even on them like Thread, Twine, (wood)glue - Lighters and Matches are also way more rare on zeds than they should be - people rather have a lighter on them than having a walkie talkie or a radio - at least in europe that is 

Also 1 Thing - if you want to get new players to the game - maybe dont make it too complicated - its allready at the piont where you really need to watch walkthroughs to learn some of the most important mechanics - the game will just get harder to get into the more stuff like the temperature stuff you add.

I think this is a hardcore game. You must read the wiki if you have no survival experience. But if you can handle yourself in the real world, you should no problem to play this game.😏

• nasKo unpinned this topic