Sprinter zombies U-turns

Geras

Would it be possible to adjust wide U-turns that sprinters make? Those are some super-human 200 IQ manoeuvres, and extremely dangerous, as they usually sprint behind your back, as shown in the video.

https://streamable.com/521uy

Would it be possible to give sprinters the following animations and behaviour when they want to make a 180 or sharp turn?

https://streamable.com/bpj92

Did you read the latest Thursdoid? If not I recommend doing so every week always contain tantalising info.

https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2019/11/like-sew-cool/

GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS

• Betterment of firearm hit rates and the way aiming abilities scale as you level up.
  • Improvements to sprinters – giving them sprint abilities only if they have a target, a chance to trip and a wider turning circle.
  • Many and varied fixes for reported issues.

19 minutes ago, buwaro said:

snip

I've been reading every Mondoid and then Thursdoid for over 6 years :)

I guess we'll see how the even wider U-turns are going to work. Personally I'd prefer sharper turns for sprinters.

Interesting situation...  on one hand, them getting behind you is kind of like an MMA reversal move... I understand why you might not like that and how sharper turning for zombies might alleviate this result, making them basically come head on...  Not so sure on this one...

Wider turns might just simulate a zombies characteristic clumsiness, making their movement trajectory more imprecise.... The net result of wide turns is that It would send them running into furniture and walls, snagging them up and depending on where they made the decision to "turn" in relation to objects it may or may not happen creating some randomness which is good in the aspect.

Sharp(er) turns I think would result in them being on you like a magnet... because that would simulate them being in better control of their body and movement trajectory... You'd expect zombies being what they are, to have less agility (i guess depending what kind... I am Legend vs. Romero).

Perhaps a better solution for this phenomenon which is reminded of from a Mod that randomized sprinter speeds could be randomized turning speed or a value which is derived from the zombies condition... This would more properly simulate a zombies "agility" or damaged limbs...  More agile (aka less-physically-messed-up) zombies could then stay on their victim more directly, while messed up ones will struggle to find the victim so they can attack...

I have been playing with an I am Legend-like(the movie one) sandbox ruleset. Pitch-dark nights with heightened zombie activity where they are shortsighted sprinters with super-human strength and sense of smell.

The sprinting zombies have been terrifying like this; having erratic movement patterns and lunging at you, crossing several meters in a heartbeat makes them a great challenge.

I see how many would not like this, but I think having this kind of unpredictability to throw you off-guard, especially now that multi-zombie fights are a great risk, adds to the danger of the things.

Archived