the unstoppable pushing force of walking

MGWhiskers

as always, i brought a video
https://youtu.be/6C-pqLtWj9o
overall explanation: there's an issue, when with certain alignment (or without it, if there's 3+ zeds) one zed can push another in front of him

1. very nice example of the most common scenario, which can screw you up badly, especially if you're not aware bout that issue.
zed when being shoved off, can be pushed back to you by another zed behing him, creating a situation when the character is still in post-shove recovery state, but the zed is already right in front of your face in no time with another one behind him.

2. turned out that not zeds only can do this pushy thing. i wonder if this will be present in multiplayer, with players pushing each other around. on top of that frozen crawler. idk how that happened

3. this one was very unexpected. i stacked the horde as tight as i could, for fire to spread, and zombies in the middle of that horde managed to push those who were in front right on me. rephrase: shamblers were able in to catch up with the player's walking speed, which is impossimle in normal circumstances. sort of turbo boost, that could easily kill me if i wasnt paying much attention

4. just another demonstration. zeds performing dying animation could be pushed forwars as well, since they stopped moving

5. same as 3

6. same as 4

in conclusion: i heard an opinion, that this "feature" was there forever, but that wasnt important, until animations came out with solo-target strikes on top of that, which is great change, coz ngl? i'd probably miss this thing, if i played something else but apocalypse. and this aint something that you can control or predict, when it will happen, and when not, and this gets frustrating and irritating in an instance, when you getting injured coz of some weird ramdom element which looks like complete bs.
apologize for possible grammar errors

Edited by MGWhiskers
41.19 steam, vanilla