new replace bandages method?

cocoayoc

I like that it's risky to redress the laceration on my neck. Not only is the bandage dirty, but I never got a chance to disinfect the wound during the fight. Ideally I'd disinfect it, and at the very least I should change the dressing, but doing any of that might cause me to bleed out. On the other hand if I do nothing and try to wait until my health regenerates a bit then I might die of sepsis.

It's fun bit of decision making that would might get cut out if you were able to replace the bandage in one fell swoop.

If we're just talking UI convenience I'm down with it, so long as there is still a window during which your guy doesn't have a bandage.

Edited by ohgodspidersno

On 11/20/2019 at 7:19 AM, ohgodspidersno said:

I like that it's risky to redress the laceration on my neck. Not only is the bandage dirty, but I never got a chance to disinfect the wound during the fight. Ideally I'd disinfect it, and at the very least I should change the dressing, but doing any of that might cause me to bleed out. On the other hand if I do nothing and try to wait until my health regenerates a bit then I might die of sepsis.

It's fun bit of decision making that would might get cut out if you were able to replace the bandage in one fell swoop.

If we're just talking UI convenience I'm down with it, so long as there is still a window during which your guy doesn't have a bandage.

As someone who had a particularly harrowing & near fatal experience at McCoy Logging Co recently, I agree with this completely.

Trying to decide the best time to treat 2 lacerations with overexertion whilst being chased by zombies was intense. Thank God for the wire fence.

I would also support a special hotkey to press to have your character automatically dress their wounds with new bandages, instead of having to go into the health menu to do it. Or right click your character and select 'replace bandages'. Or maybe a button in the health menu that says something like 'Auto-bandage' to replace them, if the devs still want you to go into the health screen.

And if you wanted to take a closer look at the wounds, you can still remove them manually. Maybe stitching lacerating wounds, for example, or applying a cotton-ball doused with antiseptic. 

Edited by Neonwarrior