Oooo... Shiny

Svarog

Had a really long break from PZ and escapism in general as I enjoyed a full dive RL experience. Just wanted to say that PZ changed a lot and all for the better, love the new models and how much the game changed with them.

It's good to know that devs are still as dedicated as they always were to realizing the idea they had some 10 years ago. I can only admire that as I get burned out by everything after a month.

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, Livio Persemprio said:

it's almost a new game now, looking forward for your full return when the time comes ^^

in the meantime, i hope everything is well over there

It really is, combat is so different now, couple of zeds really do feel like a threat, used to chop em down like tree branches with an Axe. I love where it's going. I remember how fun it was to mess with vehicles for the first time and how much they changed the way I play but Build 41 is something else entirely, lot's of fun messing with it, almost feels like the first time I played PZ after discovering it.

We'll see about me coming back as an active member of the community, would love to but we'll see, I'm gonna work to update some of my stuff though, hopefuly won't disappear into the void again :P

13 minutes ago, Svarog said:

It really is, combat is so different now, couple of zeds really do feel like a threat, used to chop em down like tree branches with an Axe. I love where it's going. I remember how fun it was to mess with vehicles for the first time and how much they changed the way I play but Build 41 is something else entirely, lot's of fun messing with it, almost feels like the first time I played PZ after discovering it.

We'll see about me coming back as an active member of the community, would love to but we'll see, I'm gonna work to update some of my stuff though, hopefuly won't disappear into the void again :P

and there's plenty more to come, so don't rush it, you'll be back anyway as soon as you feel like. 

of course it's easier to adapt for anyone that used your mod, but there's so mucn depth to everything now ^^

i'm glad you're having a blast

25 minutes ago, Livio Persemprio said:

and there's plenty more to come, so don't rush it, you'll be back anyway as soon as you feel like. 

of course it's easier to adapt for anyone that used your mod, but there's so mucn depth to everything now ^^

i'm glad you're having a blast

It always was and still is a blast :P PZ is just one of those games that always struck that chord in me that I like, it's like the games I grew up with graphics wise, nothing too great but adequate and it has it's own visual soul but when we get down to mechanics and game play options it's incredible how advanced it is. Nobody is holding your hand, you get what you make.

Sure the game encourages a certain play stale if you want to survive long term but it doesn't force you into it, so instead you can learn first hand how cocky people meet their end in a zombie apocalypse. And really there is no wrong choice, it's the Zombie Apocalypse game I always wanted. It's just you and the zombies and it's up to you how you deal with it, it always ends the same anyway, something the loading screen spoils by "This is how you died", the game just spoils us in the amount of ways we can get to that point. Always loved it, still do.

Also as far as NecroForge (I assume that's the mod you mean) is concerned It's intended to be used as a debugger/test, server admin or f*** it I just wanna have random fun tool. Rarely use it other than for the fun it gives me to make and add to it. Like to think that's how most people use it, it's always fun to have that one cheated save game where you just abuse the rules to your amusement because you can.

10 minutes ago, Svarog said:

It always was and still is a blast :P PZ is just one of those games that always struck that chord in me that I like, it's like the games I grew up with graphics wise, nothing too great but adequate and it has it's own visual soul but when we get down to mechanics and game play options it's incredible how advanced it is. Nobody is holding your hand, you get what you make.

Sure the game encourages a certain play stale if you want to survive long term but it doesn't force you into it, so instead you can learn first hand how cocky people meet their end in a zombie apocalypse. And really there is no wrong choice, it's the Zombie Apocalypse game I always wanted. It's just you and the zombies and it's up to you how you deal with it, it always ends the same anyway, something the loading screen spoils by "This is how you died", the game just spoils us in the amount of ways we can get to that point. Always loved it, still do.

Also as far as NecroForge (I assume that's the mod you mean) is concerned It's intended to be used as a debugger/test, server admin or f*** it I just wanna have random fun tool. Rarely use it other than for the fun it gives me to make and add to it. Like to think that's how most people use it, it's always fun to have that one cheated save game where you just abuse the rules to your amusement because you can.

true, necroforge is the best for testing stuff, and a lot of good violent fun, but i was referring to the weapon nerf mod, it was yours iirc.

it's been basically added to the game and so many players are still struggling to adapt. those who used it have an advantage, while some others are in straight up denial and request insane buffs, usual good forum fun.

it's true, the game shines in making you be whoever you like, but i found it to be even better in hardcore multiplayer, where you find out what you would be really capable of. maybe you are a the ends justify the mean guy, or maybe you will stand by your brothers and sisters even tho you know already both of you will die. 

and mostly, this has been a great run so far, i enjoyed meeting and talking to so many people. of course, returning or not, if you'd ever need suggestions on italian cooking, you know where to ask ;)

36 minutes ago, Livio Persemprio said:

true, necroforge is the best for testing stuff, and a lot of good violent fun, but i was referring to the weapon nerf mod, it was yours iirc.

it's been basically added to the game and so many players are still struggling to adapt. those who used it have an advantage, while some others are in straight up denial and request insane buffs, usual good forum fun.

it's true, the game shines in making you be whoever you like, but i found it to be even better in hardcore multiplayer, where you find out what you would be really capable of. maybe you are a the ends justify the mean guy, or maybe you will stand by your brothers and sisters even tho you know already both of you will die. 

and mostly, this has been a great run so far, i enjoyed meeting and talking to so many people. of course, returning or not, if you'd ever need suggestions on italian cooking, you know where to ask ;)

Hahahah, I didn't even think that's the one you were referring to, got too used it to it back in the day I guess I thought it was default way the game worked (Even having an Axe and knowing how to use it is no longer making me feel OP) :P sure does make it easier to adapt since even before the break it made me avoid groups of zombies and only engage them 1v1. Gotta pat myself on the back for the foresight.

It's no secret I always wanted and advocated for PZ to become more and more hardcore but I don't doubt for a second there is a place for people who just want to fool around in it with all the customization Sandbox provides.

Really do like that (Whether because someone heard me or others like me or by design) the game did generally go for the hardcore survival and realism, in most zombie games (and media in general) zombies are just a decoration, background noise (or a plot device). In PZ they can be an actual unpredicatble force of nature as the general lore intended them to be, adapt to it, run from it or perish by it while defending your stuff.

Best fun I ever had was when a horde found my deep woods hideout hundreds of days into the Apocalypse after the update that expanded/introduced zombie migration and having that Last Stand against hundreds of them, watching all that I built and cared for perish, I had it all, I had all the supplies, all the ammo and all the tools but I still died.

Far as MP goes, yeah, the few times I did try it it was awesome, and it's exactly as you say it is.

Archived