Having a single placeable furniture object in your inventory stops you from "transferring all" to the ground

ohgodspidersno

To reproduce:

Be holding a bunch of items and one placeable furniture piece like a table, chair, et al. that does not have a droppable item form (unlike a radio, for instance).

If you hit "transfer all" when the foreign container is the floor, a transfer will not take place, or it will be incomplete.

However, if you do not have a placeable item in your inventory, all items will transfer to the floor container (at least until they hit the weight limit).

The expected behavior is that all of the placeable loot like food, books, and weapons will be transferred to the floor and the player will continue to carry the non-droppable loot. Not being able to drop anything at all feels like a bug.

Edited by ohgodspidersno

On 11/18/2019 at 2:06 AM, Enoahe said:

Also, why there is 'undroppable' loot? Why can't I drop piece of furniture? Is it curse of binding? :)

It totally feels like a curse of binding! On my very first game I ever played I got stuck with 1/2 of a couch that I couldn't place, and I couldn't pick up the other piece (or even find it???) and it almost made me quit forever ("this buggy mess the game must be terrible!")

I picked it up again the next day and here I am nearly 500 hours later

I think they've resolved the cursed furniture glitch in the latest IWBUMS, though! When you dismantle a heavy multi-part furniture item the two pieces spawn on the ground and appear to be droppable by themselves.

Edited by ohgodspidersno