Reduce the Rural Zombie Population

LeetgamerBoi

In the recent build 41, which is pretty nice might i add, i and many others have noticed that the amount of zombies in non-urban areas has frankly Skyrocketed post update, to a point where i can fairly confidently say there are far more zombies in the rural areas of the map than downtown cities.       
I know lots of stuff is fit to change, so i'm here to ask that their spawn rate be decreased to a number more similar to that of build 40 in non-urban areas.     
I feel it kind of defeats the purpose of the default sandbox option (and that of the presets) being Urban Focused if in reality it's far closer to the old uniform instead.     
It makes driving between cities a living hell, and trying to live out away from the hordes impossible.     
I truly feel safer within a city than in the woods because despite there being at least compatible numbers of hordes in both, i can see them coming in the city.            
If it's desired, a Reversed population option could be in order, with more zombies in the country and abandoned cities ala 28 days later, perhaps the hordes followed fleeing evacuating survivors into the country and hence the towns are empty?

All in all, it being reduced down once more would be a nice quality of life change for playing the build and offering the off-grid playstyle it's primary defining attribute back.    

9 hours ago, LeetgamerBoi said:

In the recent build 41, which is pretty nice might i add, i and many others have noticed that the amount of zombies in non-urban areas has frankly Skyrocketed post update, to a point where i can fairly confidently say there are far more zombies in the rural areas of the map than downtown cities.       
I know lots of stuff is fit to change, so i'm here to ask that their spawn rate be decreased to a number more similar to that of build 40 in non-urban areas.     
I feel it kind of defeats the purpose of the default sandbox option (and that of the presets) being Urban Focused if in reality it's far closer to the old uniform instead.     
It makes driving between cities a living hell, and trying to live out away from the hordes impossible.     
I truly feel safer within a city than in the woods because despite there being at least compatible numbers of hordes in both, i can see them coming in the city.            
If it's desired, a Reversed population option could be in order, with more zombies in the country and abandoned cities ala 28 days later, perhaps the hordes followed fleeing evacuating survivors into the country and hence the towns are empty?

All in all, it being reduced down once more would be a nice quality of life change for playing the build and offering the off-grid playstyle it's primary defining attribute back.    

Welcome to the apocalypse I guess, the game does say " This is how you died " :P

But yeah I agree the zombie population is a little bit crazy right now.

Problem is, we never actually had to change it (despite mentioning it in one of the blogs after an early Stream), so we're rather at a loss for why it's different.

Doesn't seem to be a guaranteed thing. I don't know if that means it's only a problem when you've played the same game for several days/weeks, or what. 

The unnamed town between Riverside and Rosewood is densely populated with zed for such a small place. Hordes that easily breach two digits are densely packed together as far out as the houses on the edge of town. This is consistent on both custom and standard settings. Even with the suggestion that this is for gameplay purposes, this is beyond excessive and probably needs to be dialled down.

https://map.projectzomboid.com/?#0.44709692915098154,0.18508075528803195,34.43781814090985

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Population data for the region and time period exists, I actually started a mod for having realistic regional demographics a while back... Think I should continue that, though maybe drop the sex and race aspects out of it for now and focus on bulk population number... Would anyone be interested in that?