Little correlation between sound the player hears and sounds the zombies hear

ohgodspidersno

I'm sure this is on the list of things they are planning to change, but I wanted to post this anyway just to give a pulse about what some players are thinking about. (I love the game and am happy to wait patiently for the game to evolve as it will)

That said, one of the things I'd like to see fixed is the fact that sound effects often convey incorrect information to the player. As one example, opening and closing doors make huge sounds to the player, but are completely silent as far as the zombies are concerned, whereas running is noiseless to us but as loud as a parade to the zombies.

Maybe we could have the option for a sort of faint "shockwave" effect for a visual cue to the actual audible range of every sound we make. Like if I yell to attract a zombie I have no real clue how far away my voice is going to reach, and so where best to stand before shouting to only attract the ones I want.

Also swinging your melee weapon does quite alot of sound.

I agree, it is a bit strange when you think about if, running shouldnt do that much sound, yet we can slam open doors and close without zombies hearing.

Even with graceful trait they hear you good, it has 60% move sound reduction.

Wonder how silent lvl 10 lightfoot would be lol.

The biggest thing that bugs me is poor sound spatialisation. It works fine when zombies are close by, but any sounds more than a house away are practically impossible to distinguish as north/south. That and yeah, the disconnect between the volume of sounds as we hear them as opposed to how the zombies do.

Archived