Sprinters dont sprint until bothered?

Ziggylata

Non-aggrod sprinters should still shamble around, only sprinting for meta events or tracking sounds or spotting a player. Its a bit awkward for them to be standing still then sprint 4 feet to the left then stop sprinting again, due to their AI sort of idle walking around. I feel this would make sprinters a lot less strange to deal with, cause when a zombie just starts bolting its hard to know if they see you or if theyre sort of just moving on their own.

I know sprinters arent a defined normal thing but I for one am going to be playing with sprinters a lot and this would be a great QoL change for this.

Could also do with a way of blocking or deflecting their momentum when they run towards you and end up directly behind you trying to stop with their running momentum. If you swing trying to catch them in front of you, you'll end up locked facing the wrong way while they turn around to face your back. If a couple of them are coming from similar directions the sprinters end up surrounding you just because they didn't slow down or run into you. With the rear vulnerability that's a death sentence, and yeah they should stop running when they get to you and are trying to attack, it's weird seeing them run in circles.

They also shouldn't make a wide U turn when starting to sprint in a direction other than currently facing.

Edit: Them turning on the spot and then starting sprinting would be much better imo, maybe starting with a lean forward and a boost with one leg.

Edited by Geras