IWBUMS 41.19 Loot tables are a bit off

Thelonestander

I spawned in west point and I immediately went looting in the houses. The houses seemed to only have pencils and erasers in the kitchen, and very few clothes, and food. The houses were empty of virtually all of the loot besides the smaller loot that I don't usually use. Any one else experience this? 

I just ran through two games (41.19) starting in Riverside and kitchens seemed to have the correct spawns for me, but fewer items than usual.

Sandbox settings are Food and weapons to normal, other items to common.

I did find a body in a house in the trailer park holding two rifles and two boxes of ammo, followed by a double barreled shotgun in another trailer park house during the same run, which seems a bit extreme. Will have to try bumping down weapons in sandbox and see if there is much difference. I would have expected more kitchen knives and such than guns and ammo.

I'm currently on weapons rare, everything else normal, and I was swimming in guns after a couple hours' looting. I've found roughly 6 normal and double-barrel shotguns, 2 hunting rifles, 2 varmint rifles, 3 1911s, 5 pistols, 6 .38 revolvers, 1 magnum. Bucketloads of ammo for each of them. I mainly found shotguns in the wood crates around construction sites and such.
That said, this was on New Denver, I'm not sure if this is affected by the fact it's on a custom map.

9 hours ago, Morbo513 said:

I'm currently on weapons rare, everything else normal, and I was swimming in guns after a couple hours' looting. I've found roughly 6 normal and double-barrel shotguns, 2 hunting rifles, 2 varmint rifles, 3 1911s, 5 pistols, 6 .38 revolvers, 1 magnum. Bucketloads of ammo for each of them. I mainly found shotguns in the wood crates around construction sites and such.
That said, this was on New Denver, I'm not sure if this is affected by the fact it's on a custom map.

I didn’t know the custom maps worked for this build yet. It might be because they inject their own loot tables to things. 

Hmm. Can't say I have the same negative experience regarding the random knick-knacks inside kitchen counters.

I mean, I get them too, I just got a house where all 3 counters had a pen/pencil, but I feel like those were the counters that would've been totally empty in the previous build anyway. I'm on rare everything, and my canned food haul doesn't feel any different. Nothing weird with clothes inside drawers as well.

Maybe just bad luck?