IWBUMS 41.19 released!

lemmy101

21 minutes ago, YourRussianZombieFriend said:

I have noticed that if a zombie damages you in the head (bites you for example), a hat (if you have one) falls instanly down and the damge goes through even if the hat has 100% defence. In other words, the hat's defence stat has no point now.

Wow that is one crappy bug xD

Atleast we have the zombie area loot bug to comfort us with, I just killed bunch of zombies at the back of Gigamart in west point, they just dropped so much chips and chocolate, and other non-perishable food that Im set for life lmao

2 hours ago, Misha said:

[BUG]

If you right click the gun when it's reloading, and then click reload again, you will add one more bullet to the gun. Unload is also.

It's not a bug it's a game mechanic, when you rack a firearm a bullet go into the barrel , then you can refill the magazine to have one extra bullet. If you try to do this with any revolver in the game it won't work since the ammo are in the cylinder. Won't work with the double barrel shotgun either since you reload by placing shells dirrectly in the barrels. 

When you rack it after unloading you remove that bullet from the barrel, it's not extra ammo. It just work like a real gun.

Barricade Issues:

Hi Guys,

I have had a good look and cant find any reports on this issue. I made my way to the large warehouse in Muldraugh. I got the inside doors & windows fortified with planks and when the chance arose fortified the outside with metal panels. Once I did this and went out of view the metal panels disappeared and I was unable to redo the job. But I was able to redo the barricade with planks. Has anyone else experienced this? I have checked it a few times and it keeps happening.

Cheers

59 minutes ago, M2xim said:

It's not a bug it's a game mechanic, when you rack a firearm a bullet go into the barrel , then you can refill the magazine to have one extra bullet. If you try to do this with any revolver in the game it won't work since the ammo are in the cylinder. Won't work with the double barrel shotgun either since you reload by placing shells dirrectly in the barrels. 

When you rack it after unloading you remove that bullet from the barrel, it's not extra ammo. It just work like a real gun.

Yep.

I had to take a class to get a concealed carry permit years ago, and this was the first thing my instructor covered. He took a full magazine, put it in the gun, and then asked us "Is this gun loaded?". We all said that yes, the gun was loaded. He pulled the trigger. *click*. Then he explained about the need to rack the slide to chamber a round before it will fire, which he did. Then he removed the magazine and asked us, "Is this gun unloaded now?", to which we said yes, the gun is unloaded. Then he pulled the trigger. *BANG*. 

I've never forgotten that taking a magazine out of a gun does not mean that the gun is safe.

Edited by Erasmus Crowley

1 hour ago, Burger_Time said:

Wood axe is not supposed to be a very useful weapon. It's a tool to cut trees down after all.

It is the best weapon ingame after katana. It's just a shame that it takes so much endurance, having to rest all the time :(

Can you fix this visibility issue? Even though it's my safe-house, I've had zombies spawn inside the walls, and I can't even see if there's a zombie down there by the wall which is quite frustrating.

20191112200603_1.thumb.jpg.86f5b0b5bb5bbb97252054f2e794fec7.jpg

Also wanted to add, that I have kinda low fps,around 25-40 whenever I zoom out to 150%. Maybe you guys can suggest some of the settings to turn off or something.

Me specs are: R5 3600, RX580 8gb, Ram bual channel 16gb

Edited by astakhov00

8 hours ago, YourRussianZombieFriend said:

I have noticed that if a zombie damages you in the head (bites you for example), a hat (if you have one) falls instanly down and the damge goes through even if the hat has 100% defence. In other words, the hat's defence stat has no point now.

Good to know! lol, I got lucky and found a firefighter at the start of my last playthrough and thought my head was super safe!

12 hours ago, M2xim said:

4f662f738bd4b31c17c8cfcc88d6277f9f2ff858.jpg

9ab6f9dcd100baa18fcf1ccc4810b912c9fc2e74.jpg

The person complaining about the wood ax has low stats obviously: someone I watched on twitch had higher strength, fitness and ax skill and could swing his wood ax all the time. Also there are meds that help with you getting winded I believe so try those.

Would be nice if Vitamin Pills could give -5 Fatigue, and increase useDelta to 0.2, that would mean you could use one full Vitamin bottle 5 times = -25 fatigue in total, only difference being that it wont take so damn long to take down your Fatigue/Tiredness

Also would be nice to have Long Sport pants, at the moment there is only Sport shorts and Long sport shorts 😕

On 11/12/2019 at 8:39 AM, Josko said:

nothing else, so i was hoping it did not get mentioned, was forgotten

I will tell you a secret. The game can be played on one screen up to 4 players. BUT! In the standard branch of the game, sometimes clicks do not work. And in the test branch of the gamepad there was no such error.

Moreover. While there is no multiplayer in the assembly with animations, I play with friends on my screen, through the the functions Steam - Remote Play 

Edited by Хибити\Hibiti [BLR]

I'm excited for the changes in v41, but the survival/survivor preset doesn't seem fun anymore. 

Every direction I turn, there's 12 zombies in a group.  I'd like to loot that house--nope, 12 zombies.  I'd like to loot that one--nope, 7 hanging out by it.  Here's one that has no zombies around it--none of the windows or doors can be opened, so finally I give in and break the window.  15 seconds later, 3 zombies fall in through the window, and even though I'm a professional firefighter, it takes more than 7 hits with a pipe wrench to kill any zombie I knock down, so I can't kill any of them before the rest start biting me--and while I've been trying, 4 more have piled in.  So I escape through the front door and the 8 zombies outside start chasing me--of course, they heard the ruckus from off-screen also. 

And now begins the long haul: the next 5 minutes are spent trying to break line of sight long enough to lose aggro, but everywhere I go, there's another mass group of zombies that starts following me.  Even though I'm "sneaking", I have to "jog-sneak" to outpace the zombies, and that makes enough noise that they hear me from 50 feet away.  Every time I think I'm about to lose the horde--nah, even though they've been off-screen at minimum zoom for 30 seconds, they're still coming, falling over multiple waist-high fences and going through trees and around houses.  I'm halfway through the town now, but I can't stop to actually DO anything like loot a building.  Every time I come near a wooded area, the zombies obviously grow on trees, because out they come.  I can't see them through the trees, but they can see and hear me, so I have to keep going, keep going, keep going.

Eventually I'm so exerted from jog-sneaking that I have to stand up and fast-walk, and then I can't even do that, so I'm merely keeping pace with the zombies.  I was hoping to have had some fun by now.

Expected responses:

Get good, noob!  By all means, show me what I'm doing wrong when the town has 10x more zombies than people who could live in it, and every empty and wooded field is also full of zombies for no apparent reason, and it takes so long to kill one zombie that five more hear the noise and come from off-screen (I don't mean out of the view cone, I mean they hear things from way too far away).

Slow down then!  Stop aggroing them!  Forgive me, but sneaking around in crouch-slow mode means moving at about 6 inches per second.  If it takes 30 seconds to go from one house to the next without drawing aggro, something is wrong with the game.

Play the sandbox then!  Make it easy mode!  I don't want easy mode, I just want something more interesting than running-from-zombies simulator.  And I don't think I should have to set 12 different custom settings in unknown units (distance 12?  12 what?) to make the game fun again.

Play the builder preset!  Well, forgive the Goldilocksing, but that seems too easy of a preset.  There's no challenge in that mode (maybe if you play for a month of game-time the population increases enough to make it interesting, but that's also not good balance).

You're not hardcore enough!  This isn't the game for you!  Well, version 40 and previous versions were a lot of fun and felt well-balanced.  I didn't have to design my own game mode to have fun with it, and it was challenging and interesting.

According to everything I've read, Survivor Mode is supposed to be like v40 Survival Mode, but it doesn't feel anything like it.  The game feels like work, not like fun.  And I shouldn't have to make a custom preset to have a well-balanced, fun experience.

The IWBUMS dialog says to post here instead of getting mad, so that's what I'm doing.  Here's the feedback that was requested.

• nasKo unpinned this topic