IWBUMS 41.19 released!

lemmy101

41 minutes ago, Jair Gustavo said:

Hey i'm glad of this new patch... But I'm still having some serious issues, the game kicks me out when I load or continue a saved game... I'm able to play just in the compatibility mode... and even there I cannot play for more than 1 hour before the game crash again. I would appreciate if someone could help me.
PD: Sorry for my english, I hope it can be understood

disable all mods

I encountered a few problems/ bugs:

- Every light bulb I take from lamps or loot are 10% when I try to install them on vehicles.
- A few of my vehicles vanished from the world, but if I quit the game and load the savedata, they appear again.
- When I was putting shotgun shells on a box (2 boxes) a big "2" in a red rectangle appeared in my down right corner, then the animation stoped and my shells where of the box again (They were in my backpack I think).

Great patch, dropped weapons and dropped hats being rendered in 3D is awesome. One thing though, i dont think zombies being shot in the head should drop hats/glasses. Another thing, i think having a sling on a firearm should reduce the odds that you drop out of your hands.

Edited by sharkstertheshark

What is the small red rectangle (that contains a number) that pops up randomly in the lower right corner of the UI when playing?

I noticed it once or twice since B41 came out and with 41.19 it pops up every minute or so, especially in large open areas.

Also stuttering/performance issues in open areas/combat with 41.19 not present in 41.18

EDIT: Stutter is only when zoomed out and in vehicles, if I zoom in 1 or 2 levels closer the stuttering smooths out (unless driving). I had this same stuttering in a previous B41 version but 41.18 was considerably smoother all around.

Usually a close/restart of the game clears up the stuttering but it returns after about 5 minutes of game play on 41.19

AMD Ryzen 5, 16 gis ram, GTX 1660ti

Edited by disgusdad

23 minutes ago, disgusdad said:

What is the small red rectangle (that contains a number) that pops up randomly in the lower right corner of the UI when playing?

I noticed it once or twice since B41 came out and with 41.19 it pops up every minute or so, especially in large open areas.

Also stuttering/performance issues in open areas/combat with 41.19 not present in 41.18

Usually a close/restart of the game clears up the stuttering but it returns after about 5 minutes of game play on 41.19

AMD Ryzen 5, 16 gis ram, GTX 1660ti

Pretty sure that box is telling you how many errors just happend i got it before when the shotgun was bugged near the start of the beta.

12 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

*SNIP*
Equipped item/clothing now at the end of the inventory and not at the top.

*SNIP*

Can this please be made an option?  I loaded up my save and went nuts trying to figure out what was happening.  After some investigation I figured there was an update.  I read the patch notes, everything looks good, except for this. 

13 hours ago, Хибити\Hibiti [BLR] said:

where is the gamepads support? Т_Т

this

did we miss it? i see this line

"- Fixed the player walking in the wrong direction while aiming with a controller."

nothing else, so i was hoping it did not get mentioned, was forgotten

Edited by syfy

I dont really think zomboid is meant to be played with a gamepad like dark souls is, maybe try get used to keyboard and mouse? If possible :)

Otherwise I guess you will have to wait for gamepad support then sadly

Edited by Josko

19 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

Fixed house alarms not working.

Now that explains why I was not getting a single alarm...

15 hours ago, Snakeman said:

haha a nice way to find ammo in specific places ;)
Loot tables with "TheFurniture" - "Other" and "All" string make zombies spawn with specific loot. 😛

Yup! I found out that if lure a bunch of zed (via gunshot) into the back of a Gun Store (I used that remote one on the upper-left corner of the map), Zed will keep dropping all sorts of Gun Store loot, ad infinitum.

Walked out of that place with 5 military backpacks of ammo, one of each weapon (with all upgrades that spawn) and 3 Katanas, so we can officially christen that as "Best Bug Ever!". So TIS, don't fix that yet; just take your time, I'm sure there are bigger things that need fixing or adding first, right? Like Hunting, NPCs, Voice Acting, Fully Immersive VR and Console Ports, right? :P

Edited by Blake81

9 minutes ago, Blake81 said:

Voice Acting...

Now that's funny...

1 hour ago, syfy said:

did we miss it? i see this line

"- Fixed the player walking in the wrong direction while aiming with a controller."

nothing else, so i was hoping it did not get mentioned, was forgotten

That is all I really wanted for Christmas... I mean Steam controller setup can handle all the button mapping... and what's more, it can do multiple functions with double press, Hold press, etc. etc...  For instance, one button does all my zooming in/out depending on whether I double or hold press...  Leaves more buttons for other things...

Really just one issue I found Steam setup cannot resolve, and that is [Pan Screen] & [Reload] is same button on controller, and cannot so far as I can tell be separated.... So when you [Aim] and [Pan Screen] to take a far shot, it sneaks in a [Reload]...

not sure if its intentional or not but if you reload the pistol while it is jammed it doesn't do the full set of actions, it only ejects the mag. or puts it in. once i noticed it was jammed it worked fine.

it is a bit weird seeing hats fall off when you shoot zombies

its worth mentioning that i seem to be able to use a hand axe through a tall metal fence. i feel that only spear like weapons should be able to stab through chain link fence

good work other wise. it is

Guys please add insulation as soon as possible for the love of the god - winter time is barely playable.

6 minutes ago, elislavkat said:

what is "the vault" ? im from russia and know, vault is place where you can hide from bombs..))

When you jump over the objects while running.

Edited by Caturday

I dont know if this is a bug, but with Resteless Sleeper Negative trait, when you sleep and then wake up you get more Fatigue than gets drained. Then when you sleep again after waiting 1 ingame hour, you get more fatigue again after waking up and I was suddenly back to Full tiredness but when I slept the first time when being at full tiredness with restless sleeper I got to exactly 0.571 fatigue, but as I kept sleeping it raised up to full tiredness.

In otherwords, with restless sleeper I can't seem to remove my tiredness at all, I get more fatigue than I loose upon waking up.

I did sleep on a chair though, but I dont that matters.

I don't remember this being like this on 41.18

Playing again after a long break.

Started a game with build 41.18

I must say I really like this build 41 and the animation update

I am playing Apocalypse, enjoying it while looking for bugs, so far I noticed:

- sometimes for no apparent reason watering can icon is smaller (can't understand why and when)  than normal.

I am not sure it affects rain collection, couldn't collect in that state with 41.18 if I recall correctly, not sure with 41.19.

- I am sure you already noticed there's a delayed scream (when they die) when you kill them with a spear

- this one is not new, I can't, for example pick up broken glass behind something (have to use the Pick up-Place-Rotate Tool) or point, let's say, the air conditioners in  the alley of West Point (on the restaurant's wall, behind the  library). In the case of the air conditioners in order to dismantle them I have to point way lower. Otherwise I have to pick them and install somewhere with no obstacles

Another thing...some objects on ground look different now (empty saucepan, axes, pen, spears...), . I don't like them, unless it improves performance, I would say...go back to old ones :) I can't even find the trowel in my garden...

Edited by Marco1

5 hours ago, Laird Thaddeus said:

not sure if its intentional or not but if you reload the pistol while it is jammed it doesn't do the full set of actions, it only ejects the mag. or puts it in. once i noticed it was jammed it worked fine.

Need to rack it to clear the jam, rather than use reload, iirc. 

2 hours ago, Caturday said:

Guys please add insulation as soon as possible for the love of the god - winter time is barely playable.

The temperature system has been disabled for a while now until they implement the new insulation system. I've been playing on winter with no problems at all the last few patches.

Edited by axeladalidez78

• nasKo unpinned this topic