IWBUMS 41.19 released!

lemmy101

NEW

Re-added sprinter zombies to sandbox.
Certain headwear now have a chance to fall when attacking (on zombies and players). Hats now rendered as 3D models in the world.
Slot labels now displayed above the hotbar when the mouse hovers that slot.  This was to fix labels that are longer than the slot. When no item is in a slot, the faded icon of the item that provides the slot (such as a belt) is displayed instead.
New SFX for lower impact car collisions
Added  new sandbox presets to the sandbox options screen. Updated all the sandbox preset files so they include values for all options.
Added star quality to show durability of items in hotbar.
Left belt is now first, then right slot, this'll work only if you unequip/reequip the belt.
Updated community translations
Added ProjectZomboidOpenGLDebug64.bat which uses lwjgl-debug.jar instead of lwjgl.jar to enable extended error checking. Among other things, this calls glGetError() after every OpenGL call.
Sneaking now drains more endurance when walking/jogging than normal walking/jogging.
Equipped item/clothing now at the end of the inventory and not at the top.
Added some debug info about quit and around saving the game on quit
Pressing R can now do multiple thing:
- If mag is in equipped gun, unequip it, check for a new mag to insert.
- If no other mag found, check if we can load bullets in one mag, when done auto reload/rack.

BALANCE

Changed all open doors to be see-through to help with combat when zombies are on the other side of an open door.
If a vehicle is inside a garage, the area of the vehicle now decreases slightly - to help with parking.
Balanced firearm stats.
Increased chance of finding magazine in guns.
Improved M16 and Automatic fire weapons. 
Adjusted some loot spawns
Add carpentry exp when making spears.
Zombies have now defense according to clothing
Eating frozen food now gives unhappiness/boredom malus.
Re-added guns to spawn
Lowered gigamart spawn rate.
Increased safehouse loot.
Changed Builder's food rarity settings from "extremely rare" to "rare"
Disabled automatically vaulting over fences when there's no floor on the other side.
Added a grace period during which a 'Surprise Bathroom zombie' attack does no damage to avoid unfair instadeath. 

ANIMS/MODELS

-tweaks to Hunting vest x files and masks so they work better together
-adjusted wedding jacket to work a bit better with jumpers.
-adjusted Huntingvest masks so that it works better with clothing

FIXES

- Fixed the player walking in the wrong direction while aiming with a controller.
- Fixed hotbar position in splitscreen and after resizing the game window.
- Fixed missing window icons.
- Fixed tired moodle not in calcul hit chance for firearm.
- Fixed exhausted moodle not being in calcul for stomping.
- Fixed zombies pushing around zombies sat against a wall.
- Fixed hand axe being on wrong rotation when attached in belt right.
- Fixed various body location (gask mask could be wear with glasses, some full helmet etc..)
- Fixed clothing protection could display over 100%.
- Fixed wrong color scheme for bite/scratch defense color.
- Fixed not regen endurance if heavy load was > 0.
- Fixed heavy load moodle level 4 not doing anything to endurance regen.
- Fixed fitness level 10 make you run faster (now only affect endurance).
- Fixed missing rip clothing SFX.
- Fixed stone not being lost when creating a spear from it.
- Fixed double create spear with screwdriver.
- Fixed missing adding kitchen knife to spear recipe.
- Fixed occasional duplicated cars.
- Fixed zombies teleporting through walls when choosing a place to sit after loading part of the map.
- Fixed zombies never sitting against south or east walls.  IsoGridSquare.getWallType() looked for WallS and WallE properties
 which don't exist.
- Fixed lua error looting hotbar items from corpses.
- Fixed dissassembling not forcing you to stand.
- Fixed removing a magazine from a firearm also removing 1 bullet from the clip.
- Fixed some lua errors being printed to console without displaying the red error box.
- Fixed car battery charger not rendering sometimes.
- Fixed some blending during vault over.
- Fixed sudden pause at the end of vaultOverRun
- Fixed vault over sprint making a snap.
- Fixed eating and drinking animations stopping in the middle of the action
- Fixed some zombies walking being really fast or way too slow
- Fixed Builder preset being initially selected in the sandbox "Saved Presets" combobox when the actual settings were for Survivor.lua aka Apocalypse.
- Fixed the player's view cone changing direction more quickly than the model is turning.
- Fixed character-info avatar not updating after washing off blood.
- Fixed zombies sometimes standing idle when they should be chasing the player.
- Fixed iso cursor being rendered at twice the size when Double-sized Textures = No.
- Fixed players not always facing the direction they should when performing actions.
- Fixed player walking when turning off an alarm that is in their inventory.
- Fixed house alarms not working.

I tested the sprinters and you guys did a really good job, crawlers now crawl instead of standing up to run and crawl back, you can actually manage at least 2 zombies at the same time, they run  fast but when they ty to grab you they stop so it's manageable to lose them they don't stop you in an instant.

I just had a weird thing, a zombie started to run around me in circle while I was fighing another one but it didn't last long, too bad I didn't record that.

Really good job and it comes from a veteran in sprinters.

Edited by Axezombie

3 minutes ago, Axezombie said:

I tested the sprinters and you guys did a really good job, crawlers now crawl instead of standing up to run and crawl back, you can actually manage at least 2 zombies at the same time, they run  as fast as a lvl 1 in sprinting character but when they ty to grab you they stop so it's manageable to lose them they don't stop you in an instant.

I just had a weird thing, a zombie started to run around me in circle while I was fighing another one but it didn't last long, too bad I didn't record that.

Really good job and it comes from a veteran in sprinters.

Would be cool if they made a mode with Sprinter zombies, Hardcore Apocalypse? XD

2 minutes ago, Josko said:

Would be cool if they made a mode with Sprinter zombies, Hardcore Apocalypse? XD

Well to do that you just have to start a sandbox game and set sprinters instead of fast shamblers since the Apocalypse mode is the default preset in sandbox

Edited by Axezombie

12 minutes ago, Axezombie said:

Well to do that you just have to start a sandbox game and set sprinters instead of fast shamblers since the Apocalypse mode is the default preset in sandbox

I'd love an "Infected" mode, with Sprinters that can climb fences and handle damage like living characters to a certain extent, so they'll bleed out if they have a serious wound.
And yeah, a Climbers option in the Zombie lore for Zeds climbing fences. :3

Great work so far TIS! 🤩

Edited by Okamikurainya

They changed so the shelves in Gigamart spawn chips and chocolates and such instead of fruit, very nice! I suppose that is why they reduces the spawn rates a little bit to compensate :P

Also the zombie loot bug still persists, if you kill a zombie in a room the zombie will drop that loot, for example if you kill a zombie in the back of Gigamart they will start dropping chips and stuff lol. Love that bug! Now its even better since those shelves dont spawn fruit anymore but non-perishable food like chips and chocolate xD

Also the animation movement bug when eating has still not been fixed :(

19 minutes ago, Josko said:

Also the zombie loot bug still persists, if you kill a zombie in a room the zombie will drop that loot, for example if you kill a zombie in the back of Gigamart they will start dropping chips and stuff lol. Love that bug!

haha a nice way to find ammo in specific places ;)
Loot tables with "TheFurniture" - "Other" and "All" string make zombies spawn with specific loot. 😛

37 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

The moodles go away?

When the moodle goes away you are still not fully rested, the moment Moderate Exertion moodle goes away you are at 7.5 Endurance, and 1 being fully rested ( After checking with debug)

I like to use debug to check when I'm at full endurance when sitting on the ground, hopefully the debug window will be able to be minimized in the future, right now it's a huge window I just drag to the corner of my screen :P

Edited by Josko

Just tried it out! Working great!

3 things:
1. Yay! The game has been optimized to the point that even my 32-bit PC can run it on full graphics now. :3
2. Not sure if it's worth a bug/suggestion or what not, but socks and shoes fished out of the river are in pristine condition.
3. Tilled land right on the coast looks odd with fancy water. I've been using the spot as a source of worms prior to upping the water graphics from their sprite counterpart.
image.png.b251f8639a476ef34b7880c6c3a9baad.png

40 minutes ago, Josko said:

When the moodle goes away you are still not fully rested, the moment Moderate Exertion moodle goes away you are at 7.5 Endurance, and 1 being fully rested ( After checking with debug)

Fair enough. Think that was an unintentional consequence, back when the moderate exhaustion moodle used to spam itself. 

We'll figure something out there, though I'd rather not have action bars be the solution. I'm sure there's other ways. :)

5 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

We'll figure something out there, though I'd rather not have action bars be the solution. I'm sure there's other ways. :)

I agree, action bars are ugly. How about a green colored moodle that would show up when you are fully rested when resting? It would say something like " Fully rested! " and then go away after 10 seconds.

Hey i'm glad of this new patch... But I'm still having some serious issues, the game kicks me out when I load or continue a saved game... I'm able to play just in the compatibility mode... and even there I cannot play for more than 1 hour  before the game crash again. I would appreciate if someone could help me. 
PD: Sorry for my english, I hope it can be understood

• nasKo unpinned this topic